Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:49:13 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Red Sox kick off there first spring season game!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Red Sox kick off there first spring season game!  (Read 2502 times)
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« on: March 03, 2006, 08:18:50 am »

Red Sox kicked off there first game of the spring yesterday. They lost 6 - 3 but its only training.

Crisp went 3-3 single, double, triple!

Jonathan Papelbon allowed four hits, two runs, one walk, and had one strikeout. He took one off his left ankle on his 5th pitch. He's going to be fine.

Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 09:08:59 am »

I hope to not see Crisp smiling so much come September.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 09:36:49 am »

Wow - even *I* wasn't going to post anything about this game.  It was against what is paramount to a roster of Twins players that probably won't make their team...

I'll be more excited when Papelbon tosses 60 pitches against Sox hitters, personally...

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 09:40:17 am »

Wow - even *I* wasn't going to post anything about this game.  It was against what is paramount to a roster of Twins players that probably won't make their team...

I'll be more excited when Papelbon tosses 60 pitches against Sox hitters, personally...

Had to post somthing about Crisp. I think he is going to have a good year. Red Sox Nation is going to forget all about Damon.

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 09:44:47 am »

Damon had a double in his first swing of the bat for the Yankees and then followed that up with two singles.  I like Crisp, but let's not forget the last person that was going to come in and wow Sox Nation - a little guy named Edgar Renteria.

It was one game against what is paramount to a practice squad team.  The one real stud that played?  Hunter.  What did he do?  Took Papelbon deep.  Papelbon, by the way, looks like shit.  I'm watching game tape now.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray