Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:07:45 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  You're the GM- Jacksonville Jaguars
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: You're the GM- Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 2951 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« on: March 03, 2006, 04:11:08 pm »

In the northeast corner of sunny Florida, on the banks of the St. John's river, lies Alltel Stadium..... the place that houses the team you've just been named GM of, the Jacksonville Jaguars. 

Like the other two Florida teams, you have a team on the rise.  At one point your team was a Super Bowl contender, but then suffered through a few seasons of futility as the players clashed with the "old military style" coach.  All that has changed as you now have a young coach who appears to be a shrewd strategist as well as a good game-day manager.  This past season, your team's fortunes reversed and you made the playoffs.

Your QB is the stuff dreams are made of.  He is big, has a strong arm, is accurate, can scramble, and shows poise in the pocket.  His downsides are his ability to perform in big games, and his ability to stay healthy.  Your backup QB seems more than capable of stepping in. 

Your RB situation is pretty much set.  Your star RB over the past years is now in the twilight of his career, but you have a young, rising star who will more than be able to replace him when the time is right.  Your receiving corps are pretty much the same..... an even mix of old and young guys.  Your O-Line is one of the strongest units on the field, led by a guard who is very strong and very nasty.  Your defense is a little young and inexperienced, but showed they can shut down the top offenses in the league (Indy). 

You made the playoffs for the first time in a long time, but got blown away in the cold and icy confines of Massachusetts.  This year, you would like to see your team ride that wave of confidence and go deeper into the playoffs.  What do you do??? 
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 04:53:32 pm »

Start lookin' for a better QB,  Leftwich has never really impressed me and Garrard...whatever,  he can stay 2nd string.  Fred Taylor is getting old (31) and is as brittle as a freakin' cracker,  time to groom a new RB.   
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 05:03:04 pm »

Fred Taylor is getting old (31) and is as brittle as a freakin' cracker,  time to groom a new RB.   

That's who I was referring to when I said "Your starting running back is in the twilight of his career."   However, they have a beast in Greg Jones who I think will be able to take over as full-time starter once Taylor hangs it up.  Just think.... a Seminole replacing a Gator. 
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 05:06:04 pm »

David Garrard + Byron Leftwich = COMPENSATORY BABY!!!!!!!

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 05:09:11 pm »

David Garrard + Byron Leftwich = COMPENSATORY BABY!!!!!!!

Now how did I know you were gonna say that?  I had the over/under on when you were at 4 hours.  Guess whoever bet under wins. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray