Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:22:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  The Drew Brees Hype
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Drew Brees is nothing but an over-hyped young QB who has had major shoulder surgery, yet Miami fans are all but calling him the next Dan Marino and already buying his jersey and calling him their favorite player.  How will Drew Brees totally tank?
He will just be another mediocre, Jay Fielder-type QB   -4 (36.4%)
He'll never have recovered from his shoulder surgery.   -1 (9.1%)
He'll have this one great game right off the bat, and then start throwing Brett Favre-like Interceptions.   -1 (9.1%)
He will be benched midway through the year due to performance or attitude detrimental to the team.   -0 (0%)
He will wind up signing with the Saints, so it doesn't even matter anyway.   -5 (45.5%)
Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: The Drew Brees Hype  (Read 11685 times)
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« on: March 13, 2006, 11:10:00 am »

Drew Brees sucks, people.  Get over it.

Just because you passed up on someone at the draft in a position that you now desperately need, doesn't mean you have to end the world to sign him.

Daunte Culpepper, while hated, would produce more then Drew Brees (but both suck, don't get me wrong).

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 11:28:34 am »

I chose option 1. I am sure he will statistically look ok if he choses to play for Miami, but that isn't going to tell the whole story. He will probably throw for 3500 yds due to the fact that he plays from behind 80 % of the time (ala. Marino), but they aren't going anywhere fast with poop face.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 11:41:24 am »

Drew Brees > Eli Manning

Roll Eyes
NYFin
Uber Member

Now in D.C.

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 11:45:48 am »

Drew Brees will fly spaceships while Mike Mularkey flings White Castle hamburgers at all naysayers.
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 12:11:12 pm »

Drew Brees will fly spaceships while Mike Mularkey flings White Castle hamburgers at all naysayers.

thanks for helping me make up my mind at what i want for lunch!! Cheesy   

mmmmm  slyders......
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 03:13:58 pm »

I voted he'll end up signing with the saints. Wayne huizenga sucks and will not overpay for bress. Hopefully tom benson will throw a little more money on the deal and force Wayne to drop out of the sweepstakes. Miami can wine & dine brees all they want, but ultimately this comes down to money and the saints have alot more than the mullets!!!!! Come on benson get it done!!!!!

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 03:15:54 pm »

Brees said after leaving New Orleans that he's not only making a choice based on money, but where he will raise his family and win Superbowls.

It doesn't sound like he's talking about New Orleans.

I drink your milkshake!
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 03:21:01 pm »

Brees said after leaving New Orleans that he's not only making a choice based on money, but where he will raise his family and win Superbowls.

It doesn't sound like he's talking about New Orleans.

Yeah and miami hasnt won anything in 35 years. So where is miami any closer to the super bowl than the saints?

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 03:32:40 pm »

Yeah and miami hasnt won anything in 35 years. So where is miami any closer to the super bowl than the saints?

You're not serious are you?  sheesh.  Yeah, the Dolphins and Saints are equal in terms of talent.  Whatever.  Unless he goes to Denver, Indy or Seattle I think you can say the same about every other team.  But the fact remains that some teams have better shots than others,  this is one of them. 

And to all the bandwagon haters,  I'd rather have Brees OR Culpepper instead of the POS's that we have now.  So it's a significant upgrade nonetheless.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 03:38:19 pm »

Because 1) Miami is more inviting place to live.  2) We may not have won the big game in a long time, but we're a storied franchise, with community support, a winning tradition, and a coaching staff and team in place much closer than the Saints.

The Saints have a history of being losers.

I drink your milkshake!
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 04:25:24 pm »

Plus, wasn't New Orleans wiped off the map last year?  Who the hell would want to move TO New Orleans?

(Yes I know this is the Anti-Fins, but even I can't defend Brees wanting to sign and play, and MOVE TO New Orleans).

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006, 05:45:55 pm »

Do you people actually think brees and his family would live in the city? lol.......The guy is about to cash in big. The guy can make his home anywhere. Not every player makes his residence in the city he plays in.

Let me tell you, the dolphins need brees more the the saints do. The saints still have the number 2 pick, and can choose any QB they desire. Signing brees would give them more options come draft time.

As far as the saints, they're a drew brees away from playoff contention IMO. You team brees up with DEUCE, joe horn, and donte stallworth, i smell explosiveness. Aaron brooks sucks period his decision making was only second worse to brett favre's last season.

And you people ask why would brees want to go to the saints, same reason edge went to the cards.....M-O-N-E-Y.

NoFish

'07 Phins Team Photo

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 06:52:12 pm »

WOW!!! Culpecker to Phins!!!  Should be a banner year for us Non-Phin Phans. A 1-legged QB throwing to mediocre receivers (no T.O's here), a top FG kicker that wants out (Mare), & maybe not even Gussie will be around. Will Culpecker be ready to start season? Will he even be able to pass physical?? Will Mare go to NE? Wouldn't THAT be something? Comes back & haunts Phish, TWICE!!  Dul-phins in '06....8-8, MAYBE 9-7. Out of playoffs, AGAIN!!   Tongue
Geeez, so excited for start of season I think I just wet my pants!!  Shocked

The Definition of KaKa?...The Miami DUL-phins!!
Predatory_Fins
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 12:22:14 pm »

WOW!!! Culpecker to Phins!!!  Should be a banner year for us Non-Phin Phans. A 1-legged QB throwing to mediocre receivers (no T.O's here), a top FG kicker that wants out (Mare), & maybe not even Gussie will be around. Will Culpecker be ready to start season? Will he even be able to pass physical?? Will Mare go to NE? Wouldn't THAT be something? Comes back & haunts Phish, TWICE!!  Dul-phins in '06....8-8, MAYBE 9-7. Out of playoffs, AGAIN!!   Tongue
Geeez, so excited for start of season I think I just wet my pants!!  Shocked

and the buttpirate strikes again. All you have done since crawling out of your boyfriends hole is run your mouth about the dolphins. Do you have a team, or are you here to try to flame in your apparent homosexual nature?

P.S. you might want to get yourself some depends since you can't control your bladder, fruit loop.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 12:27:59 pm by Predatory_Fins » Logged
NoFish

'07 Phins Team Photo

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 07:10:18 pm »

and the buttpirate strikes again. All you have done since crawling out of your boyfriends hole is run your mouth about the dolphins. Do you have a team, or are you here to try to flame in your apparent homosexual nature?

P.S. you might want to get yourself some depends since you can't control your bladder, fruit loop.

That's right dork!! At least I run my mouth about the Dul-phins in a section just for us NON-Phish Phans!! All you seem to be able to do is name calling. Soooo....F**K OFF!!   Grin

The Definition of KaKa?...The Miami DUL-phins!!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray