Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:49:20 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Saban gambled...and lost
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Saban gambled...and lost  (Read 25254 times)
NoFish

'07 Phins Team Photo

« on: March 17, 2006, 06:28:35 pm »

Released Gus thinking he'd get him back as a backup with less money....WRONG!..Gus signed with Rams today. Still no backup QB.   Shocked

The Definition of KaKa?...The Miami DUL-phins!!
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 06:33:27 pm »

Let's see...he gambled and lost the equivalent of $10 at the slot machines (a backup QB) after winning the equivalent of the grand prize at the World Series of Poker (Culpepper)...

I'm sure he's inconsolable right now.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
cyan
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 06:46:19 pm »

i'm pretty sure he also knew gus would try to follow linehan to st. louis.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 07:05:54 pm »

Funny,  didn't know it was such a big deal,  first time I've ever heard so much "OMG we have no backup QB"  talk.  Whoever we land (veteran) it'll be ok.  Big deal, we lost Frerotte,  Miami can find another Frerotte anywhere. 

But right now:

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 08:35:45 pm »

first time I've ever heard so much "OMG we have no backup QB"  talk.

Maybe that's because there's every reason to believe that whomever we have as a backup will be our starting qb on opening day.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 12:21:03 am »

This thread is quite simply a fins hater blatantly trying to stir the pot Roll Eyes

Like anyone gives a crap that Gus is gone.  Most of us are glad to see him go.

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 12:33:08 am »

Released Gus thinking he'd get him back as a backup with less money....WRONG!..Gus signed with Rams today. Still no backup QB.   Shocked

You're assuming we give a shit........   we don't. 
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 08:40:59 am »

Maybe that's because there's every reason to believe that whomever we have as a backup will be our starting qb on opening day.

Like I said in the same post,  whoever we land (veteran I'm sure)  we'll be ok.  Gus was a career backup anyway,  so what's the diff. on opening day?   Tongue 
NoFish

'07 Phins Team Photo

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 10:38:23 am »

This thread is quite simply a fins hater blatantly trying to stir the pot Roll Eyes

Like anyone gives a crap that Gus is gone.  Most of us are glad to see him go.

This pot needs to be stired once in a while, what with all the gushing over a team that can best be described as mediocre!

See the couldas, shouldas, wouldas every year and yet they, DUL-phins, sit home year after year watching playoffs. Same thing this year...Saban will save us...Daunte will lead us to the promised land...yada..yada...yada!! Guess we should be getting our orders in now for Super Bowl tickets.   Roll Eyes

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006, 10:44:45 am »

This pot needs to be stired once in a while, what with all the gushing over a team that can best be described as mediocre!

See the couldas, shouldas, wouldas every year and yet they, DUL-phins, sit home year after year watching playoffs. Same thing this year...Saban will save us...Daunte will lead us to the promised land...yada..yada...yada!! Guess we should be getting our orders in now for Super Bowl tickets.   Roll Eyes
So, please, oh wise one, tell us who your team is.

God help you if you're a Jets' fan Roll Eyes
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2006, 06:32:06 pm »

Sort of like the fans of the OTHER 31 teams in the NFL?  Go move to another NFL city and tell me how true fans of their teams think....  shoulda's, coulda's, woulda's all around. IT'S CALLED BEING A FAN!!!!  I'ts called faint hope.  I've lived in 2 NFL cities,  and it's the same there as it is here.  You just love talking sh*t like all the other haters just to hear yourself speak. 

So, please, oh wise one, tell us who your team is.

God help you if you're a Jets' fan Roll Eyes

I think I'd rather not know.  He probably CHOSE a recent winning team. 
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2006, 09:38:02 pm »

He's a Jets fan alright.  I know who this NoFish guy is now.  Hey Lou, let's just say the FBI is looking for you.  Maybe I should introduce you to Denver Bronco.  You two being cellmates would make for a nice touch for the rest of us.... and probably prevent either one of you from getting cornholed. 
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2006, 09:57:16 pm »

He's a Jets fan alright.  I know who this NoFish guy is now.  Hey Lou, let's just say the FBI is looking for you.  Maybe I should introduce you to Denver Bronco.  You two being cellmates would make for a nice touch for the rest of us.... and probably prevent either one of you from getting cornholed. 

I though Predatory left the boards? I didn't realize that he was posting under the name Tommy (Yes, this is sarcasm. Cut out all the personal attacks, they are very childish)

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
NoFish

'07 Phins Team Photo

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2006, 06:41:55 pm »

Tommy, perhaps you should read the beginning of this section...
The rules!! Don't know who Lou is, but if he's not a Dul-phin fan, he can't be all bad.  Grin Grow up!

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2006, 07:50:43 pm »

Tommy, perhaps you should read the beginning of this section...
The rules!! Don't know who Lou is, but if he's not a Dul-phin fan, he can't be all bad.  Grin Grow up!

You're not a very good liar, Lou.  Trust me, I have my sources. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray