Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:38:12 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Saban gambled...and lost
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Saban gambled...and lost  (Read 25249 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2006, 10:22:48 am »

Funny thing is, if this was Finheaven or Phinatics, he would've been banned already.

Banned for what?

NoFish seems to be using the Anti-Fins chat for what it's for -- being anti-fins...nothing wrong with that.

I drink your milkshake!
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2006, 10:39:14 am »

I am waiting for a post from N0Fish soon (aka Tommy)  Grin

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
NoFish

'07 Phins Team Photo

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2006, 11:35:49 am »

Banned for what?

NoFish seems to be using the Anti-Fins chat for what it's for -- being anti-fins...nothing wrong with that.

Thank you Dave. I appreciate that. Don't know why a few people got their shorts all in a knot for someone using the appropiate section of the forum for posting anti-phins thoughts. I don't appreciate people posting lies about me or posting messages saying I said something, when I didn't! Then, when I try to defend myself I get blasted for it. Don't mind that so much as long as I can reply to them, but when it's done by a mod, that's a little much, especially when I couldn't reply. Mods should NOT be posting any attacks on members for expressing their thoughts. They should be keeping control of the board, and if things start to get out of hand, what with name calling, etc., post a "heads up" to all to cool it. It seems that most of my posts have been in defending myself. Shouldn't have to be that way. Personnal attacks have no place here or on any forum. Some of you would do well to remember that.

The Definition of KaKa?...The Miami DUL-phins!!
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2006, 11:40:50 am »

Banned for what?

And that's TDMMC policy, and I can respect it.  Phinatics and Finheaven, on the other hand, don't have such policies and don't take too kindly to fans of other teams talking smack on their sites.  According to Doug (The Phinatic), he had one dude register with the user ID "TomBradyIsGod", and he banned him before the guy could make one post.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2006, 11:44:26 am »

The flaming has gotten excessive here lately, and it seems that this thread was rapidly heading in that direction.

I have been quick on the lock trigger to try to decrease that.

Apparently, I'm guilty myself, of getting out of control.

My posts to you, NoFish, were mainly in attempt to try to provoke rational thought and reasonable debate in this thread, to bring it away from personal attacks.  Your continued "skirting" of my questions (i.e. "what does it matter who I root for?") frustrated me.

Remember, I'm a fan first, too. 

I often forget that, as a moderator of these forums, I need to control myself.  Thanks for the wake-up call.

So - maybe someday, you can let us know something about you, instead of just bashing the Dolphins all the time.
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2006, 11:45:14 am »

And that's TDMMC policy, and I can respect it.  Phinatics and Finheaven, on the other hand, don't have such policies and don't take too kindly to fans of other teams talking smack on their sites.  According to Doug (The Phinatic), he had one dude register with the user ID "TomBradyIsGod", and he banned him before the guy could make one post.

I think that's wrong.  Your username can be whatever it wants, as long as it's not "FuckAllDolphins" or something.

Believe me, I've been constantly warned about posting anti-fins smack on the Dolphins Discussion, long before guys like Tommy and Denver_Bronco, and even before this Anti-Fins Chat was an option on TDMMC.  But TDMMC having an anti-fins section makes so that it doesn't say "We're Dolphins Fans, and if you disagree with us in any way or have a different opinion or like a different team, you are not welcome here and we want you gone".  This isn't a cult or anything - fans from all 32 NFL teams are welcome here - we even have people who post here who don't even watch sports.  Diversity at it's finest.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2006, 11:45:52 am »

Phinatics does not have an anti-fins section.  We are an equal opportunity fan board.

Do we want this place overrun with Jets and Pats fans?  Not at all.  But, until this happens, the policy is to keep all the hating in this forum.  That's why its here.
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2006, 11:48:56 am »

This is where Pats and Jets fans can talk smack about the Dolphins, or any fans.  As long as you're not "Hey idiot fish fans, screw you all you losers".  That will get you banned.  But stuff like "Your team will lose to the Pats this season", while presumptuous, is allowed.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2006, 12:07:57 pm »

Can we all hold hands and sing "Kumbaya" now?
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2006, 12:55:14 pm »

Let's sum up "NoFish" posts:

1)  Call Miami "Dul-Phins."
2)  State something along the lines of "another brilliant remark by the peanut gallery."
3)  Refuse to state who he / she (I'm thinking she) roots for, but doubles back and states it's not important.  Yes, NoFish, I've caught on to the hints you've dropped along the way in regards to your team.

I think I've covered the bases there, yes?  Bottom line, it would appear that NoFish posts will be filed in the "don't bother reading" catagory.  Same ball of yarn each and every time.  Yawn.

Someone that doesn't like Miami!  Gasp!  Yep, never read any posts like that before.  Quite original, indeed.

Gosh, I better not root for Miami anymore.  They are dull.  What have I been thinking all these years?   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 01:00:07 pm by MaineDolFan » Logged

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
NoFish

'07 Phins Team Photo

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2006, 03:56:08 pm »

2)  State something along the lines of "another brilliant remark by the peanut gallery."
3)  Refuse to state who he / she (I'm thinking she) roots for, but doubles back and states it's not important.  Yes, NoFish, I've caught on to the hints you've dropped along the way in regards to your team.

I think I've covered the bases there, yes?  Bottom line, it would appear that NoFish posts will be filed in the "don't bother reading" catagory.  Same ball of yarn each and every time.  Yawn.

Someone that doesn't like Miami!  Gasp!  Yep, never read any posts like that before.  Quite original, indeed.

Gosh, I better not root for Miami anymore.  They are dull.  What have I been thinking all these years?   Roll Eyes

RE: #1....Yep, you're right.
      #2....Yep, right on....(here's another one.)
      #3....right/wrong, it isn't. Hints? What hints?

So MaineDolFan, after all that, what's your point?  Huh

Really couldn't care less who you root for. Not important!
Don't like my posts, that's your perogative.

"Bottom line, it would appear that NoFish posts will be filed in the "don't bother reading" catagory.  Same ball of yarn each and every time.  Yawn."

I see that you read them.   Roll Eyes

"I think I've covered the bases there, yes?"

Yep MaineDolFan, if that's what you think, whatever floats your boat... Grin

Have a nice day, in spite of everything.

The Definition of KaKa?...The Miami DUL-phins!!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2006, 04:48:57 pm »

This is where Pats and Jets fans can talk smack about the Dolphins, or any fans.

I thought the pessimist delegation did that in every other section of the site as well...which is why I get so chaffed when I go with a positive spin in an anti-fins thread and get jumped on because "this is where we can cry and whine...how dare you be optimistic in here!"

You pessimists can lend lips to my backside...if you can whine in my channels, I can play the optimist in yours.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2006, 04:51:34 pm »

You can add refering to our new QB as Daunte Cul-Pecker to that. 
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2006, 04:56:29 pm »

1986-2005 = 9 playoff berths in 20 years and that pal = MEDIOCRE, at best!!
9 playoff appearance in 20 years is mediocre?  Let's take a look at some of these other "mediocre" franchises in the same timespan:

DAL- 9 appearances
NE- 9 appearances
NYG- 8 appearances
WSH- 7 appearances
OAK- 6 appearances

Wow, outstanding point you have made.  So from 1986-present, based on your criteria, MIA is as mediocre as DAL or NE were in the same timespan.  Excuse me while I cry in shame.

jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2006, 04:57:06 pm »

Wow...a Spider-Dan sightning.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray