Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:49:11 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Welcome to the Anti-Fins Chat! (Please Read)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Welcome to the Anti-Fins Chat! (Please Read)  (Read 8697 times)
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« on: March 18, 2006, 11:49:56 pm »

Hello everyone, welcome to the TDMMC Miami Dolphins Anti-Fins Chat.  Please read this post if:

1. This is your first time here, or
2. If you haven't read this before.

What is the "Anti-Fins" Chat?
The Anti-Fins chat here on TDMMC is a place for ALL members to voice their displeasures, hatreds, and discontent about the Miami Dolphins players, personnel, staff, fans, or anything related to the Aqua & Orange.  Need to vent about the last game?  Want to share your displeasure about the latest trade?  Disagree with that call Nick Saban made in the 3rd quarter?  This is your outlet of expression.

Why is there an "Anti-Fins" section on TDMMC?
The Anti-Fins section on TDMMC exists to not only provide a "balance" of positive and negative posts from the Dolphins Discussion, but also to better organize the message board.  It also provides a home for our TDMMC members who are not Miami Dolphins fans - we have many members who are fans of other NFL teams.

Who Can Post in the Anti-Fins Section?  Do I have to be a Dolphins Fan to post here?
We encourage fans from ALL 32 NFL Teams to post here on this message board.  You do not have to be a fan of the Miami Dolphins in order to post in the Anti-Fins Chat.

I'm a Miami Dolphins fan, and on other Dolphins message boards, none of this would be going on.  So why here?
Because at TDMMC, we promote "diversity".  We do not "lock out" fans from other teams, just because 95% of TDMMC's members are Dolphins Fans.  As long as there are no personal insults or "flame wars", everyone is welcome here.  If you are a Dolphins fan, and do not like the criticism that this section provides, simply do not respond to any comments you don't agree with, rather then instigating a war of insults.

I really don't like reading these posts by {username}, because he is just looking to stir the pot by criticizing {player / play / team / coach / fans}.  Can I tell him off?
NO, you may not.  You may not, at any time, personally attack someone or insult someone directly.  These usually lead to "Flame Wars", which are not allowed on TDMMC.  Just because someone does not like the Miami Dolphins and wants to "stir the pot" or "poke fun", or even "rib" the team, doesn't open the doors for you to call them names or insult them.  Please refrain from doing so.

So, how do i reply to him / her?
Use your imagination, and be clever.  Intelligent, well thought out posts, backed up by statistical and factual data will usually defuse loud, belligerent, instigative posts.  Suggestion: Don't fight fire with fire.  Fight fire with Water.

What else do I need to know about the Anti-Fins Chat?
Here are a few other things to keep in mind about the Anti-Fins Chat:

1. Don't Take Anything Too Seriously - Like anything else on TDMMC.com, taking the posts too personally and seriously is usually not a good thing.  However if you feel as if you've been threatened or insulted, please use the "Report To Moderator" link, found on the bottom-right corner of each post, and we'll look into it.
2. Try to Stay on Topic - Most topics involve two or three replies, which then includes a rebuttle, and then a few reponses after that.  While this is OK, please try to remain on-topic.  We know that topics veer in and out of topic quite frequently, but try not to take the topic way too far into a tangent.
3. Make Your Post Title Relevant to the Post's Content - If you want to say "I hate Dan Marino", don't title your post "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", or "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!111111!1!11!!!112". 
4. Using Images or Links are a GOOD thing! - If you are the topic starter, try to incorporate at least one link or image pertaining to your story, article, topic, or rant.  It spices up your post, and makes it more eye-catching and interesting to read.  Also make good use of the "BBC Tags", found directly above the part where you enter your message of the message reply / new topic page.  Bolding words, changing their color, or giving your text a special effect can add further vibrance to your post.

Thank you for reading this post, and enjoy posting in the Anti-Fins Chat!!

jtex316
Anti-Fins Moderator.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 11:57:20 am by jtex316 » Logged

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray