Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:06:01 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Most Ashamed You've Been of a Dolphin
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Most Ashamed You've Been of a Dolphin  (Read 9821 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: March 19, 2006, 12:19:04 pm »

What instance in off-the-field history has made you shake your head?

For me, it's not the usual stuff.  I'm not too bothered when former players get busted selling a bunch of coke (Sammie Smith, Mark Duper, Mercury Morris) or people get busted drinking and driving (David Boston, Brian Griese).  I get more bummed when I see dudes I look up to beat the shit out of their wives.  It's particularly bothersome, because I like the guys because they are fierce and unforgiving on the field -- so it kind of sucks when they take that home.

I remember being particularly bummed when Randy McMichael got nabbed for domestic abuse.

I don't really expect these guys to be role models in their personal lives, but I'd at least like to see them be decent human beings.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 12:39:13 pm by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 12:34:22 pm »

This is easy.

Ricky "Pothead" Williams

When the first reports came out that Ricky had failed a drug test, I defended this guy like nobody's business.  He claimed "he was dehydrated when he took the test, causing a false positive."  I bought it, and I defended him.

"Poor Ricky, he's getting picked on..."

Fool me once...

Turns out he lied to the media, to the fans, and he really is a pothead.  He continues to be a pothead, but now he's using a better masking agent.  Roll Eyes
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 12:59:30 pm »

I go with Brian, but based on his retirement last summer.
Every report prior to his retirement had indicated how he was really stepping up during mini camps and was being a team leader. Everyone was saying that he was having his best camp yet.
Then he retired on the eve of training camp, but the fact that he changed his story a million times made it worse. Initially he said he lost his desire to play. Then he said wanted to be free of "the man" and all of his rules and regulations. I can respect that. But then he said he wanted to go smoke pot. Then he said he wanted to go play in Oakland with Norv Turner. Then, after he is told to pay back 8 million large, he "re-found" his desire to play.

I really hate when people now say "he didn't want to play for Wanny." I would've had more respect for him had he said that and demanded a trade. Nobody gives Elway a hard time about the fact that he refused to sign with Baltimore and forced them to trade him.
When it also came out that he had failed several tests prior to that summer and was facing a suspension, it put it into perspective. He was an addict. Plain and simple.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 02:12:47 pm »

Mine is Bryan Cox.  He was always a punk, always running his mouth, and always getting in trouble.  Then, this happened:

He's a piece of crap.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 04:25:47 pm »

I'm with Dave on this one.  Any punk who takes his anger home and beats his wife should get his ass beat to a bloody pulp,  cowards,  all of you.  On a sidenote,  I was very sad to hear when Duper (my favorite WR of all time) got busted for the drug thing. 

Mine is Bryan Cox. He was always a punk, always running his mouth, and always getting in trouble.

I was Bryan's only fan   >:D   My sentiments exactly in that pic!!!  Loved his intensity and dicketry. 
bsfins
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 08:34:11 pm »

How can a non Dolphin fan be "Most ashamed to be Dolphin fan"?  Huh Bugah?

Bryan Cox Talked the talk...but not always walked the walk....He had the Attitude,but wasn't a great middle LB.(lOOKING BACK BEING 20/20)
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 09:33:59 pm »

This isn't "Most ashamed you've ever been being a Dolphins Fan".  This is "Most Ashamed You've been of a DOLPHIN". 

Back in the early 90's when that happened and was broadcast on national TV, that was the "T.O. / Dennis Rodman / Ron Artest" of the time.  Even I was embarrased by those actions.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
DolFan619
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 10:35:28 pm »

This is a tough one, but I have to say it was Dan Marino's final game in the Playoffs against Jacksonville.  That was such a bitter pill to swallow.  Plus, that was the same game where Wanny fell in love with the Elf and after the game the two of them went Brokedick Mountain and proclaimed their love for each other.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 02:31:19 pm »

I would have to agree on Ricky Williams. I was a huge fan of his in college and when the intital reports were coming out that he might be traded here I was going apeshit. I talked so much trash about how Ricky was going to tear the league a new asshole and blah, blah, blah. Then his first season as a Phin he just domintaed. Had a decent 2nd season, then the reports come out about him retiring and failing drug tests and everyone that I knew called and laughed in my face while I still tried to defend him. Horrible feeling that was!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 03:14:47 pm »

I am going to have to say Cecil Collins. The man was arrested for climbing through a woman's window and saying the two had been having consentual sex. I have never broken into someone apartment for consentual sex.
cyan
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 06:45:58 pm »

I don't really expect these guys to be role models in their personal lives, but I'd at least like to see them be decent human beings.

Does anyone else find it extremely ironic what type of shirt McMichael is wearing in his mugshot.

HAHA!  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 06:50:34 pm »

Does anyone else find it extremely ironic what type of shirt McMichael is wearing in his mugshot.

HAHA!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 07:36:41 pm »

OMG, you hit that right on the head!!!!  ROFL ROFL ROFL!!!!!!
TEKGOD
Uber Member

It's all about the U

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2006, 02:30:58 pm »

I can't believe you guys all want to put a guy down for off-the-field issues. Who cares? It's what they produce ON the field. You think any of those guys don't have skeletons in their closet? You think YOU'RE perfect? Randy McMac is a punk for hitting his wife, but what does that have to do with him on Sundays? NOTHING. Bryan Cox had a big mouth sure, but he was also an undersized LB who played with alot of heart & one of the leaders in tackles for MIA & one of the few bright spots on that sorry defense along with a young Troy Vincent.

Anyway my pick is KEITH JACKSON. The bonehead play he made at the end of that playoff game in San Diego when he was running in the clear but lateralled it to noone - momentum killer & in my opinion cost us the game. Ashamed because it was such a stupid play wtf was the thinking?
ADeadSmitty
Uber Member

What can Brown do for us?

ADeadSmitty
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2006, 03:31:46 pm »

You think YOU'RE perfect?

As far as my record on hitting or not hitting women goes, yes I am perfect.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray