Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:49:50 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  "possible changing of the guard in the AFC East"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: "possible changing of the guard in the AFC East"  (Read 5918 times)
cyan
« on: March 21, 2006, 04:45:30 pm »

what does this article say?
Click ME for article

edited to make the link not break the page- fau
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 04:50:37 pm by Fau Teixeira » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 04:51:52 pm »

It's a long article, but the section about the Phins says:

Shift of Power

The Patriots have owned the AFC East, but that may be coming to an end. While New England has been waiting for the market to come down, the Miami Dolphins have been plugging right along.

The bottom line is this: At the end of last season, Miami was a better team than the Pats. With six straight wins to finish last season and a solid offseason, the Dolphins are waving to the Patriots in their rear view mirror.

Other than the acquisition of QB Daunte Culpepper, the Dolphins class lacks star power. That doesn't meant they didn't find some quality players, though. One of the biggest concerns was cornerback play and the team has addressed the position by adding Will Allen (N.Y. Giants), Andre' Goodman (Detroit Lions) and Renaldo Hill (Oakland Raiders). This group will add a lot of athleticism on the outside.

The team also added outside linebacker Sedrick Hodge (New Orleans Saints) who has a ton of talent, and might benefit from a change of scenery.

Throw in tight end Justin Peelle (San Diego Chargers) who will complement the athletic Randy McMichael and you are talking about the hottest team at the end of last season making some excellent strides.

The Patriots on the other hand have made only one move in the free-agent market, adding wide receiver Reche Caldwell (San Diego), who is not in the same class as the receiver they had in Givens.

You add that to losing McGinest and potentially losing guard Stephen Neal, offensive tackle Tom Ashworth and place-kicker Adam Vinatieri and this offseason can be described only as disastrous so far for the Patriots.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
cyan
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 05:04:02 pm »

sweet...mediocre article, but good to hear real analysts echoing the sentiment around here.
thanks
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 05:24:19 pm »

From their mouths, er, keyboards, to God's ears, uh, eyes.  You know what I mean!

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
mcduff81
Uber Member

2007 NCAA Tournament!!

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 08:21:23 am »

..so let it be written, so let it be done!

I would love a division title, and have New England squirm for a wild card berth..
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 08:25:41 am »

Sucks you can't read it if you don't pay. 
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 12:45:51 pm »

Tedy Bruschi is a one man team. It doesn't matter who they get as long as they have Bruschi.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 09:43:33 pm »

Tedy Bruschi is a one man team. It doesn't matter who they get as long as they have Bruschi.

You know that Tedy Bruschi uses a goal post as a salad fork?  Grin
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 09:45:45 pm by Frimp » Logged

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 07:41:55 am »

You know that Tedy Bruschi uses a goal post as a salad fork?  Grin
I didn't, but nothing Tedy does ceases to amaze me !

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray