Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:41:41 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Charger arrested
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Charger arrested  (Read 1580 times)
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« on: April 14, 2006, 05:44:36 pm »

Chargers' Phillips arrested in scuffle with police   

NFL.com wire reports 

SAN DIEGO (April 14, 2006) -- San Diego Chargers backup linebacker Shaun Phillips was arrested after he scuffled with a patrol officer, police said.

Phillips, 24, was booked into San Diego County jail on a charge of resisting arrest, said San Diego police spokesman David Cohen. Bail was set at $10,000.

An officer patrolling San Diego's Gaslamp neighborhood spotted Phillips with a woman. According to the officer, Phillips had the woman in a headlock and she appeared to be in distress, Cohen said.

When the officer went over to check on the woman, Cohen said the officer touched the 6-foot-3, 262-pound linebacker on the arm and a struggle ensued. Cohen declined to release the officer's name.

Phillips saw significant action in 2005 and made three starts in place of injured linebacker Steve Foley. He was second on the team last season with seven sacks.

Chargers general manager A.J. Smith didn't immediately return a phone call seeking comment.

Does anyone know anything about the Gaslamp neighborhood?

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 07:03:48 pm »

Yeah, the Gaslamp district is a very upscale part of San Diego.  What difference does it make?

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 07:18:46 pm »

Nothing. I was just curious as to why they mentioned it.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
DolFan619
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 07:21:31 pm »

Â    The Gaslamp Quarter is host to some of San Diego's best dining and night clubs.  I wonder exactly where the scuffle took place?  Hopefully, it wasn't at one of my old haunts.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray