Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:48:53 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Seahawks,Vikings tit for tat
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Seahawks,Vikings tit for tat  (Read 1776 times)
bsfins
« on: March 25, 2006, 11:01:28 am »

I love the 3rd grade tit for tat between these two teams in the Steve Hutchinson contract the Vikings wrote he had to be the highest paid O-lineman on the team.If not his whole 7 yr 49 million dollar Contract is Guaranteed.Well the Seahawks have Walter Jones(I think he has this written in his conttact) So they couldn't match the Vikings offer..Steve Hutchinson goes to the Vikings...

Seattle offered Nate Burlson the same money they offered Steve Hutchinson...7yr 49 million,16 million signing bonus.with the Clause,if he plays 5 games in the state of Minnisota this year...The whole contract is Guaranteed....

I just thought it was kind of funny..

(I heard this on sportscenter lastnight...)
bsfins
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 11:36:50 am »

Whoops...He didn't get the same contract as Hutchinson...
Burlson only got 5.25 million guaranteed...
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 11:44:36 am »

Burleson's contract with Seattle is esentially a 4 year - $14 million deal, which still seems a bit high to me.  If Minnesota matches it would be a guaranteed 7 yr - $49 million deal for them.

It's frickin' brilliant....

Of course, this isn't really valid in free agency, but if you think of it in terms of Seattle sending potential HOFer Hutchinson AND a 3rd round pick to Minnesota for Burleson.... then it doesn't look so good.

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray