Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:33:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  The Packers need to release Brett Favre...now.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The Packers need to release Brett Favre...now.  (Read 5693 times)
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 12:07:15 pm »

I'd like that.  It'd probably help Rodgers a lot.  ...Favre would never go for it, though.

Well then tough shit for Brett Favre.  Since when do players control what happens on the team?  The Packers need to be strong.  People will hate ownership for a while, but it will help out that sorry ass franchise more then they know.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2006, 12:20:01 pm »

They will need a backup QB if Favre leaves.  They could try to hit on one with a late round pick -- or they may want to trade a pick for a viable veteran elsewhere.

No team with any common sense really wants to go into a season with an unproven starter and a rookie back-up.

By my count Anthony Wright, Vinny Testaverde, & Jeff Blake are available in free agency. Not to mention the possibilities of a trade. None of these guys are going to receive very high interest, but they are exactly what Green Bay needs. They put their eggs in Rodger's basket, so it's time for them to see what he can do. They should not get a backup like Harrington who has intentions of starting. This is going to cause unnecessary problems with Rodgers development if you ask me. He rode the pine and once Favre is gone the job should be his. That's just my opinion.
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2006, 01:26:38 pm »

Exactly.  Brett Favre should wear a headset and train Rodgers for 1 year on how to throw wild interceptions in the name of "being aggresive".

TEKGOD
Uber Member

It's all about the U

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2006, 01:54:03 pm »

I agree with jtex, but Green Bay will never let go of Favre he is bigger than Lombardi & Bart Starr up there in Wisconsin. If I am Ted Thompson I tell Mick Mcarthy to give 1st team snaps to Rodgers. Who wants a QB who is going to go into the season half-ass anyway? Favre should have had an answer months ago.
TEKGOD
Uber Member

It's all about the U

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2006, 01:55:57 pm »

I agree with jtex, but Green Bay will never let go of Favre he is bigger than Lombardi & Bart Starr up there in Wisconsin. Why who the hell knows he is a decent but overrated QB with an itchy trigger finger if you ask me. If I am Ted Thompson I tell Mick Mcarthy to give 1st team snaps to Rodgers. Who wants a QB who is going to go into the season half-ass anyway? Favre should have had an answer months ago.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2006, 03:41:14 pm »

The way this over-the-hill bum has been the last 3 years, he is VERY lucky that he's made it this far, and hasn't been either benched or traded.

Yeah, 'cause quarterbacks with passer rating above 90 clearly suck. Favre had 90.4 three years ago and 92.4 two years ago. He's had ONE bad year and that was last year. I'm not sure if that would be enough for a "veteran" quarterback to be outright fired, but he would probably have to fight for his job in a way Favre won't, if he does decide to come back.

You can either be a Favre-appologist and argue that he lost the two best players on his oline, followed by every receiver worth throwing the ball to and finally every player capable of running the ball - and that this explains Favre's performance last season.

Or you can be a Favre-hater and say that he's an over-the-hill bum.

But to claim that he's been bad the past 3 years just makes you sound like a moron.

Not be able to spell to charade, knowing it, and even then not bothering to spend 5 seconds looking it up doesn't help either.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2006, 03:59:20 pm »

Even in Favre's big games -- the Monday night game after his Dad died -- his performance didn't seem so great to me.  It looked like he was just heaving the ball up there, and his receivers were doing a fantastic job of fighting to get the ball.  Last year, those heaves were interceptions.

I think Favre is done -- even if he's capable of not embarrasing himself, they have a young QB who needs to be evaluated.

I drink your milkshake!
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2006, 04:21:28 pm »

Hey FYO, i have some FYI.

A post about Brett Favre doesn't deserve for me to spend time looking up how to spell the only word I've not been able to spell on TDMMC.  When someone puts a (sp) after a word, that means that the spelling is either wrong, or could be wrong.  Yet you and I think Brian Fein jumped all over that, as if you never spelled a word wrong, or didn't know how to spell something wrong.

Second, QB rating numbers don't mean jack in this situation.  You can't just throw out numbers and expect me to say "Oh OK, maybe he wasn't that bad".  For the last three years, and including this year, Favre has played like shit, and at the most important times.  Anytime a game came down to the wire, and the ball was in Favre's hands to win the game..he'd throw a wild interception, or simply not connect with any receiver and turn the ball over on downs.  How do I know this?  The national media loves Brett Favre, so damn near every game is televised.  This season, he not only threw lob-interceptions up for grabs at the end of games - he threw them in the middle of the games, and at the beginning of games.

Next, for the last 3 seasons, he's toyed with this whole "Should I retire" SHARADE (sp) every off-season, only to come back for "one more year" everytime.  The Packers have suffered drastically with this.  You can't rebuild an organization if your veteran QB keeps coming back to stink up the place every season.

Lastly, he's left the Packers in total Limbo this year, and once again it's going to cost him.  If that whore does come back for his 4th "last season", it will not only F the Packers this season, but it will also cost them the following season..

So, once again, I'll say that Brett Favre should be released of his contract, or asked to be the 2nd string QB in favor of Rogers.  If he doesn't like it - DONE.  What good is it going to do for the Packers 5 years from now when they're still at the bottom of the NFC, because they spent 3 seasons giving Favre "respect" and "allowing him as much time as he needs to make a decision"?  This is a business, and business is...well, business.  You gotta do what you gotta do. 

Please, PLEASE Green Bay, make the right move for your future and get rid of this whore, who's nonsense even interrupted the Super Bowl (Yes, that means he's been contemplating "returning" for over 3 months now).

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2006, 09:13:48 pm »

Now Brett Favre has been quoted as saying that if he chooses to play next season, it will be his last and he will only play if Green Bay can put together a winning team.  IMO, if the Packers want to put together a winning team, their first step would be to dump his arrogant ass.

http://articles.news.aol.com/sports/article.adp?id=20060331191709990009
cyan
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2006, 05:04:17 pm »

does anyone here frequent any Packer's boards similar to this one? i'd be interested to see if the Packers fans have the same tolerance for this type of selfishness that the organization (and apparently the media) have for it. I would probably be lumped into the group of Favre-fans if i had to be, and have always liked the guy, but his attitude towards the team has gotten pretty ridiculous over the last 12 months, and he's starting to sould like TO did a few years ago...the man being more important than the team that made him.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray