Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2024, 08:01:53 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2006 Draft
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: 2006 Draft  (Read 19834 times)
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2006, 02:49:40 pm »

Looks like you got your DB help

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2006, 02:51:06 pm »

I am comfortable with this pick. Thank you, Master Saban!

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2006, 03:34:29 pm »

I wonder how much they paid for the rights to use the Harry Potter sound for each draft pick.

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2006, 03:43:35 pm »

I don't know if Allen would have been my pick if the pick were mine...in fact, I can pretty much guarantee ya that I'd have taken Justice. Winston J is still on the board and my Niners are coming up quick...if we get Vernon Davis AND Winston Justice, I really will be happy. We'll have to really rock the 3-5th rd picks for DB and LB prospects, but I would like what Davis adn Justice could do for our offensive future.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2006, 03:50:11 pm »

Giants pick in 2. We need WR, RB, DB.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2006, 03:56:07 pm »

Manny Lawson at #22...oh hell yeah. I almost came back to edit my last post to say that I'd be happy with either Justice or Lawson. Looks like Nolan decided to get that marquee defensive player instead of an O-line anchor. As I was just saying about Lawson in another thread 2 days ago...

I like Manny Lawson quite a bit...great Senior Bowl, and he's probably in the small group of players whose stock went up after I watched all the combine film and read reports on his private workouts. Ridiculous athletic skills, and an excellent head for the game. I heard one personnel guy make a comment after interviewing Lawson that basically said (loose quote) "He'll make a great NFL pass rusher...and probably a good defensive coach some day."

I don't think he'll go to Miami at #16 though. I think (read: hope) he drops to #22 and becomes SF's second 1st round pick. That is where McShay has him mocked right now as well.

Vernon Davis and Manny Lawson should become excellent 49ers. I would like to fly out to SF and give Coach Nolan a great big hug...I think he nailed both picks with future pro bowlers.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2006, 04:30:36 pm »

Not bad. A 3rd and 4th to move 7 spots. With this being the only wr so far, i think that was a pretty good deal.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2006, 04:39:55 pm »

Not bad. A 3rd and 4th to move 7 spots. With this being the only wr so far, i think that was a pretty good deal.

Yeah, that was really a good move for the G-men...they have needs that those 3rd and 4th round picks will fill, and enough excellent players (Justice, Chad Jackson, Jimmy Williams) are sliding that they'll still get good value at #32.

~ Micah Leggat
Dphins4me
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2006, 04:44:26 pm »

I think he might cry.
He is why kids do not go back to school.  Lost a ton of upfront cash by going back to SC.
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2006, 05:06:54 pm »

WTF!!!    Why didn't we take some speed at WR???     

Dphins4me
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2006, 05:14:11 pm »

WTF!!!    Why didn't we take some speed at WR???     
Because Miami would not have been getting value.  Jackson fell out of Rd. 1 so why would they pick a guy everyone else thinks is not worth a No. 1 for in the middle of the Rd.

Holmes fell past the Pats who need Wr.  Plus Philly passed on him & we all know they need a Wr.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2006, 05:15:08 pm »

He is why kids do not go back to school. Lost a ton of upfront cash by going back to SC.

Exactly...Leinart should have come out last year to the 49ers for the money we gave Alex Smith and then we would have ALL been happy!

(Leinart to Davis...The ultimate west coast short-mid range QB, and the mutant freak receiving TE monster. Oh, what might have been)

WTF!!! Why didn't we take some speed at WR???

I was very surprised that Chad Jackson didn't go there...do they not see those freakish hands and nice size-speed combination? He'd have made Plaxico the G-Men's "#2 WR" in short order.

~ Micah Leggat
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2006, 05:19:32 pm »

Even if Plaxico stayed #1, we need some speed coming from the slot. Toomer on one side, Plaxico on the other. We don't have a speedy, quick guy. We have decent backups on the line and our starters are awesome with Osi and Strahan.

bsfins
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2006, 05:22:05 pm »

Chicago Surprised the hell out of me,trading out of the first round.....My mom,Keeps asking,Who'd the bears take? I keep trying to explain to her...They haven't got anyone yet...they keep trading down....
BeefStewert
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2006, 05:26:01 pm »

I don't understand this trade between the Ravens and Browns. Were the Browns possibly looking at Ngata? It cost the Ravens a sixth rounder. Seems pretty stupid to me. Stupid for the Ravens. If I'm the Brown's staff, I'm saying HELL YEAH to that deal.
Probably similar to the Vikings/Dolphins trade 2 years ago for Vernon Carey.  The Vikings told the Fins that the Pats were looking to trade with them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray