Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:29:46 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Hybrid grizzly bear shot
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hybrid grizzly bear shot  (Read 2036 times)
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« on: May 15, 2006, 03:03:38 pm »

TORONTO, Ontario (AP) -- A DNA test has confirmed what zoologists, big-game hunters and aboriginal trackers in the far northern reaches of Canada have imagined for years: the first documented case of a hybrid grizzly-polar bear in the wild.

Roger Kuptana, an Inuit tracker from the Northwest Territories, suspected the American hunter he was guiding had shot a hybrid bear last month after noticing its white fur had brown patches and it had the long claws and slightly humped back of a grizzly.

Territorial officials seized the creature's body and a DNA test from Wildlife Genetics International, a lab in British Columbia, has confirmed that the hybrid was born of a polar mother and grizzly father.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/05/11/canada.hybrid.ap/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 06:20:51 pm »

I hope his gun jams and the grizzly mangles him on his next hunt.
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 09:54:58 am »

I hope his gun jams and the grizzly mangles him on his next hunt

Amen, brother Carlos.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Jeno

S'up Bitches??

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 10:49:30 am »

What is the whole fascination with Hunting?

It's something i've never understood? Killing animals as a fuckin HOBBY.

Yeah i know some people get a thrill from doing Base Jumps, others Smoke Weed, other people just like Gardening, and some (crazily) get a kick out of hunting.

But shooting innocent animals? You'd hafta be a bit twisted in some way?

If anyone on here is a Hunter or knows some Hunters it'd be interestin to hear their thoughts?

"Even in the dressing room afterwards, I had no remorse. My attitude was, fuck him. What goes around comes around. He got his just rewards. He fucked me over, and my attitude is an eye for an eye."

Roy Keane - Manchester United
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle, Observer Monthly Magazine
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 11:24:17 am »

My only thought is this.  A poodle, that's an innocent animal.  A toby cat, that's an innocent animal.  A gizelle, that's an innocent animal.

A Grizzly-Polar Bear Hybrid?  That's not an innocent animal.  Doesn't make it any less right to kill one, but if one of these suckers was around and you had a 12-gauge shotgun, you'd probably take aim at it, before it makes you it's dinner.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 11:49:54 am »

A Grizzly-Polar Bear Hybrid?  That's not an innocent animal.  Doesn't make it any less right to kill one, but if one of these suckers was around and you had a 12-gauge shotgun, you'd probably take aim at it, before it makes you it's dinner.

And there's the issue.  Why in God's name would you want to attack a bear, gun or no gun?  It's not brave, because you're camouflaged and holding a hunting rifle and have every advantage...it's not smart, because, hello, that's a frakkin' bear you're screwing with!

That being said, we (as humans) do more harm to wild animals (in this continent) by continuing to sprawl into wild lands than we do by hunting.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 12:25:28 pm »

What is the whole fascination with Hunting?

It's something i've never understood? Killing animals as a fuckin HOBBY.

Because some of us actually make use of the animal. It is a food source as much as hobby.
Jeno

S'up Bitches??

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 12:25:40 pm »

A Grizzly-Polar Bear Hybrid? That's not an innocent animal. Doesn't make it any less right to kill one, but if one of these suckers was around and you had a 12-gauge shotgun, you'd probably take aim at it, before it makes you it's dinner.

Yeah i'll take that on board Jtex, if the mother fucker goes for ye and it's a self defence thing then fine, as it would be with a human or any other animal.

But one bullet from a bush? Or 100 yards away? Come on, that's fucked up.

"Even in the dressing room afterwards, I had no remorse. My attitude was, fuck him. What goes around comes around. He got his just rewards. He fucked me over, and my attitude is an eye for an eye."

Jeno

S'up Bitches??

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 12:28:04 pm »

Because some of us actually make use of the animal. It is a food source as much as hobby.

What? So you sit down  for a Main Course of Bear with a side of Dolphin?

Wearing your finest mink scarf? Hahaha Grin

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 01:20:35 pm »

I don't hunt bear but it can be eaten. You asked about hunting in general.
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 01:23:51 pm »

I am a MILF hunter. Got a problem with that ?

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 03:34:10 pm »

And there's the issue.  Why in God's name would you want to attack a bear, gun or no gun?

So it doesn't eat me if I think it's hungry for me.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 10:04:24 pm »

The issue is if different types of bears can breed.  And it looks like the answer is yes. 

Just like zebras and horses can breed, so can grizzly and polar bears. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray