Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:12:34 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Man Law
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Man Law  (Read 3425 times)
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« on: May 16, 2006, 12:00:57 am »

These commercials started airing today (the real ones).  I think it's Miller Lite, or Bud Lite, or whatever beer.

This commercial states that once you bring beer over a person's house, that the beer becomes property of the house.  however, you may "tuck" away a beer, if it fits in your pocket.

I don't think there should be a "tuck" rule, but the original beer bringer over person is more than welcome to take a beer "for the road".  However under no circumstances may you take a portion or all the beers / drinks back with you.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 01:35:48 am »

Nor may you drink half the bottle and then leave it on the counter and go get another one.  You know who you are - pinger... Roll Eyes

What's the policy if the host (home owner) offers to give the beer back to the bringer?
crazy_scar_man
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Gaylick

321832691 mkilmurry
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 01:49:51 am »

There should be a rule that if you meet your buddies at a bar (especially a busy one), that you bring cash. Not that it's uncommon for one buddy to buy another buddies beer, but the guy who only has a credit card is as good as a mooch. He almost always gets soemone to say, "don't worry man, I got it." Especially when getting the bartenter's attention takes forever.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 01:52:44 am »

There should be a rule that if you meet your buddies at a bar (especially a busy one), that you bring cash. Not that it's uncommon for one buddy to buy another buddies beer, but the guy who only has a credit card is as good as a mooch. He almost always gets soemone to say, "don't worry man, I got it." Especially when getting the bartenter's attention takes forever.
I bring the card to the bar at times and when I do, I typically pick up everyone's tab.  Its not bringing the card, its how you use it.

But, I'll remember next time you're around to bring cash.
crazy_scar_man
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Gaylick

321832691 mkilmurry
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 02:13:01 am »

I bring the card to the bar at times and when I do, I typically pick up everyone's tab.  Its not bringing the card, its how you use it.

If you use the card to pay the whole tab, then the rule does not apply to you. Only if you want to use it to pay your portion.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 02:13:49 am »

If I'm there, we'll likely be going to the store to get more beer.  Grin

Tommy can vouch for that. lol

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 06:41:42 am »

If I'm there, we'll likely be going to the store to get more beer.  Grin

Tommy can vouch for that. lol

Absolutely.  Although let's not do that again.  The hangover I had after Super Bowl Sunday was one of the worst ever. 
ADeadSmitty
Uber Member

What can Brown do for us?

ADeadSmitty
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 07:11:23 am »

These commercials started airing today (the real ones).  I think it's Miller Lite, or Bud Lite, or whatever beer.

This commercial states that once you bring beer over a person's house, that the beer becomes property of the house.  however, you may "tuck" away a beer, if it fits in your pocket.

I don't think there should be a "tuck" rule, but the original beer bringer over person is more than welcome to take a beer "for the road".  However under no circumstances may you take a portion or all the beers / drinks back with you.

Hurray ads!
pintofguinness14
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 12:01:53 pm »

If you use the card to pay the whole tab, then the rule does not apply to you. Only if you want to use it to pay your portion.

Let me know if you're in the market for a new drinking buddy.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 12:23:08 pm »

However under no circumstances may you take a portion or all the beers / drinks back with you.

Exception to this rule: If you bring your own cooler to the party. I under no circumstances will be leaving my coller for you to return at your own discretion. If I use their fridge or cooler, the beer stays. Bring my own cooler the beer goes.
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 12:25:13 pm »

Second exception to this rule:

Your buddies all drink wimpy pale ales, you bring a six pack of good, dark beer no one else drinks (or vice versa).  Wasting beer is alcohol abuse; the beer may go.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 12:25:49 pm »

This is definitely OK as long as you don't attempt to "sneak" the beers back with you inside the cooler - the cooler must be empty when it leaves the premises.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
pintofguinness14
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 12:31:00 pm »

Second exception to this rule:

Your buddies all drink wimpy pale ales, you bring a six pack of good, dark beer no one else drinks (or vice versa).  Wasting beer is alcohol abuse; the beer may go.

I've done this.  It's shameful, but I have done it. 
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 01:43:27 pm »

Absolutely.  Although let's not do that again.  The hangover I had after Super Bowl Sunday was one of the worst ever. 

Too many "Bring me a beer" bets?  Grin

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
bsfins
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 01:50:38 pm »

I guess,that's why People love coming to my house to drink beer...Cuz,I tell to take thier damn beer with them...I don't want it in my fridge....
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray