Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:27:06 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  I dont want your <bleep> money!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: I dont want your <bleep> money!!!  (Read 3978 times)
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« on: May 17, 2006, 11:31:58 am »

LINK HERE

Its a televangelist bitching out his TV audience. Watch the whole clip. His rant and especially his last comment are hilarious.  Grin

Edit by BR - edited your link so it doesn't stretch the page.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 01:56:50 pm by Brian Fein » Logged

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 11:38:04 am »

That was ridiculous, dude.   Huh

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 11:38:48 am »

I can't believe anyone gives money to televangelists.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 12:32:13 pm »

I can't believe anyone gives money to televangelists.
Giving money is a Biblical principle. there are several reasons for it and none of which are because God needs money.  Knowing the word of God is another principle and yet knowing God's prophets (by their fruits) is even another Biblical principle commanded by the Bible.
Following a "false profits" is no ones fault but their own.  Anyone who falls into this con man's farce does so on their own accord.  He clearly isn't representing the word of God let alone the love of Him. Anyone who sends him money does so out of guilt and/or greed and not because they have a relationship with God.

In truth ... this man is much more blasphemous than Dan Brown's fictional story.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 12:34:13 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BeefStewert
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 12:43:09 pm »

In truth ... this man is much more blasphemous than Dan Brown's fictional story.

CF, did you read the DaVinci code?
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 01:00:19 pm »

that book was fucking awesome....im not a religous person so i viewed it in a completely different light...and man what a thrilling murder mystery it is!!
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 01:02:57 pm »

Yeah, CF, without getting into it for the 2 people that haven't read the book, I don't know what's so blasphemous about The DaVinci Code. 

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 01:04:50 pm »

Interesting rant...that dude needs a comfy couch and someone other than God to listen to his problems.

Or, as Roger Waters so poignantly penned...

"What God wants, God gets...God help us all!"

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BeefStewert
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 01:10:07 pm »

Or, as Roger Waters so poignantly penned...

"What God wants, God gets...God help us all!"

Nice
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 01:40:42 pm »

CF, did you read the DaVinci code?

No I haven't but I've heard waayy too much about it from everyone in the church.  Not my church but the church as a whole.  From what I have seen and heard it is a fictional murder/mystery that takes place at real places. It bases theories of conspiracies on half truths and clear embelishments for the purpose of the story. Most highly respected Christain people have said it is a very interesting story and keeps you entertained but the danger is when the average person wants to believe it to be fact.

As I understand it the book was written in the same way as many others ... just as "National Treasure" in recent history. The backdrop has many facts so people want all of them to be true. The truth is most people are already looking for a reason "NOT" to follow a religion because none of us wants to change our lifestyle.

While many facts are true so many more are not. From the number of windows in the Louvre ( I heard the book references it to be 666 in the shape of a pyramid while there are actually 8 hundred and something) to DaVinci being part of a secret society that wasn't even invented until the 1950's. He references missing gospel's that say women should have been running the church when i the Gospel of Thomas actually says: 114 Simon Peter said to them, "Mary should leave us, for females are not worthy of life." Jesus said, "Look, I shall guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter heaven's kingdom."

The book and movie will not have any effect on Christian's who have searched for proof but for other's they will find a reason to walk away instead of looking for truth.  If you watch it as a movie for entertainment purposes then go for it. I'm sure I will.  If you watch it for historical evidence without looking into it and feel you don't need God ... then God Bless you!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 01:44:14 pm »

I view the Da Vinci Code as a work of fiction, just as I view the bible.  I don't see why anyone is getting worked up over it.

I drink your milkshake!
BeefStewert
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 01:51:35 pm »

No I haven't but I've heard waayy too much about it from everyone in the church.  Not my church but the church as a whole.  From what I have seen and heard it is a fictional murder/mystery that takes place at real places. It bases theories of conspiracies on half truths and clear embelishments for the purpose of the story. Most highly respected Christain people have said it is a very interesting story and keeps you entertained but the danger is when the average person wants to believe it to be fact.

As I understand it the book was written in the same way as many others ... just as "National Treasure" in recent history. The backdrop has many facts so people want all of them to be true. The truth is most people are already looking for a reason "NOT" to follow a religion because none of us wants to change our lifestyle.

While many facts are true so many more are not. From the number of windows in the Louvre ( I heard the book references it to be 666 in the shape of a pyramid while there are actually 8 hundred and something) to DaVinci being part of a secret society that wasn't even invented until the 1950's. He references missing gospel's that say women should have been running the church when i the Gospel of Thomas actually says: 114 Simon Peter said to them, "Mary should leave us, for females are not worthy of life." Jesus said, "Look, I shall guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter heaven's kingdom."

The book and movie will not have any effect on Christian's who have searched for proof but for other's they will find a reason to walk away instead of looking for truth.  If you watch it as a movie for entertainment purposes then go for it. I'm sure I will.  If you watch it for historical evidence without looking into it and feel you don't need God ... then God Bless you!

The sad part is that the book really doesn't have all that many "facts" in it at all - maybe only 20 pages worth.  The rest is the fictional thriller aspect.  That is why I don't understand the scrutiny on it.  If churches want to attack a theory of a holy bloodline, they should reference Holy Blood Holy Grail, not Brown's fictional story.
Househead
YJFF Member
Uber Member

djflow
Email
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 01:56:42 pm »

These religious protestors are retards. By attacking the book, they are only legitimizing the story and drawing attention to it.  It would be way smarter for them just to ignore the book and movie than to create this stir.
bsfins
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 02:12:20 pm »

I can't get it to work...It just sits there and says...Loading...then nothing.....(either of them,the old link,or the new link)
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 03:49:49 pm »

Yeah, CF, without getting into it for the 2 people that haven't read the book, I don't know what's so blasphemous about The DaVinci Code. 

I'm 1 of the 2 people.  Alright now, it's finally out, who's the other?!  C'mon,  let's go... show yourself!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray