Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:29:25 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Colbert Roasts Pres Bush
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Colbert Roasts Pres Bush  (Read 1927 times)
crazy_scar_man
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Gaylick

321832691 mkilmurry
« on: May 17, 2006, 05:32:07 pm »

This is an AMAZING video. How Colbert not only got invited to this function but got a chance to speak is beyond me. He's been on the Daily Show for years which is very liberal. Maybe it's because he has his own spinoff called the Colbert Report. Someone didn't do their research and is definitely fired.

At the beginning everyone is laughing and smiling, including Bush. The best is watching it slowly sink in that this guy is crashing their party.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-869183917758574879&q=colbert
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 09:08:22 pm »

Abso-freakin-lutely CLASSIC!!  Grin

Stephen usually plays the staunch yet tongue-in-cheek advocate of blindly supporting the Bush administration, but the operative term here is "tongue-in-cheek."  Surely SOMEONE on W's staff had to have watched at least one Colbert Report show and seen the dripping sarcasm behind it. How he got invited is a royal white house fukkup.

I watch the Colbert Report religiously...one of the funniest shows on comedy central right now. I love his weekly segment called "The Word," where Colbert is giving a very serious speech on some socially relevant hot topic issue, while a split screen pops in sarcastic text comments in response as he goes along. It always starts and ends with the same word on the screen...and I'm usually laughing so hard by the time it's done that I'm in tears.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 09:11:35 pm by Sunstroke » Logged

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 10:11:47 pm »

white house doesn't invite .. the press does
crazy_scar_man
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Gaylick

321832691 mkilmurry
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 11:42:33 pm »

He has balls of steel.

Some of my favorite comments:

On Bush's disaster management: "I stand by this man because he stands for things. Not only for things, he stands on things. Things like aircraft carriers, and rubble, and recently flooded city squares. And that sends a strong message that no matter what happens to America she will always rebound with the most powerfully staged photo-ops in the world."

On global warming: "[Talking to Jesse Jackson] is like boxing a glacier...Enjoy that metaphor, by the way, because your grandchildren will have no idea what a glacier is."

On Iraq: "I believe that the government that governs best is a government that governs least, and by these standards we have set up a fabulous government in Iraq."

Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 12:18:19 am »

The President had as much of a sense of humor here. And, to sum it up, this came from the same dinner.

http://badjojo.com/?p=1482

Colbert was boring for most of it. Some of his rant made me laugh, but honestly, he bombed. Colbert completely got burned by the President.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 12:20:39 am by Frimp » Logged

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 12:36:51 am »

I never got to see the whole thing until now. That bit at the end with Helen Thomas was hilarious. I'd be running like hell if that hag was chasing me too.  Grin

Question...How many of you saw Tony Snow's first briefing?

run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 02:17:14 am »

How he got invited is a royal white house fukkup.
Not even.  The president has no problem with humor like this.  Remember the staged pictures of him looking for WMDs around his office?  Didn't he even narrate that slide show?   "Here I am looking for WMDs.... nope, not under here."
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 03:26:52 pm by run_to_win » Logged

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 08:41:53 am »

yeah i saw this....classic.  fucking HILARIOUS. 

"This man believes the same thing on Wednesday what he believed on Monday....NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENED ON TUESDAY!"    Cheesy

and you had to check out the deer in the headlights look on Bush's face....and how he was trying to nervously laugh.  he definitely didn't pick up that Colbert was ripping him a new asshole....what a moron!
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 12:31:58 pm »

and you had to check out the deer in the headlights look on Bush's face....and how he was trying to nervously laugh.  he definitely didn't pick up that Colbert was ripping him a new asshole....what a moron!

Its called "class." Which is something that no one in the left wing media seems to have anymore. If he had gotten up and responded, everyone in the media, and all you people who call him a moron for showing class would have blasted him for having no class at all. No matter what the president does, he's fucked in your eyes.

TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 12:45:52 pm »

Its called "class." Which is something that no one in the left wing media seems to have anymore. If he had gotten up and responded, everyone in the media, and all you people who call him a moron for showing class would have blasted him for having no class at all. No matter what the president does, he's fucked in your eyes.

well i wouldn't have stood there and let someone talk about me like that....there are ways to respond without coming off as a classless asshole.

but you're right about everything he does being fucked.....cuz thats true!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 12:50:39 pm »

I think it is clear that I am not Bush's biggest supporter. I have to give him credit though for putting up with this. I had heard about it, but this was the first time I had heard/seen it. Bush was put in a tough position on this one and even looking at the crowd in a few shots it looked like some of them were uncomfortable. I thought most of the bit bombed and didn't even finish listening before I turned it off.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 01:09:56 pm »

This is how he responded to it. He was poking fun at himself.

http://badjojo.com/?p=1482

run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 03:28:13 pm »

well i wouldn't have stood there and let someone talk about me like that....
It takes big balls and a lot of self-confidence to laugh at yourself.   Maybe someday, eh Tony?   Tongue

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
ADeadSmitty
Uber Member

What can Brown do for us?

ADeadSmitty
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 05:47:25 pm »

I like Colbert's show a lot. The only problem I have with it is that it gets a little tiring that his whole schtick is subsumed in sarcasm. It's like he never speaks in his own voice, it's always his caricatured Bill O'Reilly character. Which is really funny like 95% of the time. But, I dunno, it just kind of like wears me out somehow, or gets on my nerves eventually, to watch someone speaking exclusively ironically.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray