Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:37:36 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  **Roethlisburger in accident**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: **Roethlisburger in accident**  (Read 14814 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 01:12:24 pm »

Have you ever seen Elways teeth ? Those choppers can't  possibly be real. Mr. Ed had smaller teeth

The only thing that made this funny is that it came from you!!!  Grin

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
bsfins
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 01:19:09 pm »

Riding a crotch rocket....With No helmet...T-bones a car...hits his head on the windshield,leaves a divit then flips over the hood of the car,and lands on his head....Loses a few teeth,and has a few cuts on his head...He's one Lucky S.O.B...he was going to shoot a chunky Soup Commercial at 3pm today...I guess not....

BRILLIANT!

i agree with stroke....
Unbelievable...though as someone who rides motorcycles without a helmet whenever I ride, I do understand his aversion to wearing a helmet. Of course, if I had a multi-million dollar contract like Ben has, I'd drive a damned' Volvo while wearing clothing made out of bubble wrap.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 01:44:05 pm »

Have you ever seen Elways teeth ? Those choppers can't  possibly be real. Mr. Ed had smaller teeth

Word.  They look like bathroom tiles.

I drink your milkshake!
BeefStewert
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 01:55:52 pm »

Riding without a helmet is stupid.  Especially considering Big Ben wears a helmet for a living.
Cyp
YJFF Member

macroz2
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 01:56:40 pm »

Riding a crotch rocket....With No helmet...T-bones a car...hits his head on the windshield,leaves a divit then flips over the hood of the car,and lands on his head....Loses a few teeth,and has a few cuts on his head...He's one Lucky S.O.B...he was going to shoot a chunky Soup Commercial at 3pm today...I guess not....

BRILLIANT!

i agree with stroke....

Course not...he can't chew.....its CHUNKY SOUP
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 01:57:05 pm »

I knew he'd F up, sooner or later.  

Good job dumbass.  Enjoy your Super Bowl ring.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2006, 03:43:16 pm »

I don't usually disagree with Stroke, but I'll take him to task on this one:  he (nor anyone) should be riding without a helmet.  I am 35, on my 6th machine, been riding since I was 15.  I think I've ridden twice in my life without a dome protector.  It's just not smart to do.

1)  You're on two wheels and your margain for error is...well...zero.
2)  Something sick like 87% of all motorcycle accidents are the fault of the other party.

So...you do the math.  If 87% of all cycle accidents are due to someone other than the rider's error, why leave yourself out there with such a danger to your well being?  Amazing road rash isn't enough without adding brain damage?

Stroke - seeing that you and I have many beers together in our future, my brotha...buy a fucking helmet.  Lost too many friends to people that felt "restricted" by them. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2006, 04:33:21 pm »

When I lived in WV I had two friends riding bikes and I was following (in a car). We stopped at a gas station and they took off in front of me. As I came around a bend I looked down the hill and sure enough saw two bikes on the side, one laid down and the other standing. When I saw my friend's helmet it had skinned all the way through the shell and had a hole big enough I could have put my fist through. The thing saved his life.

That said I know we cannot make others do what is good for them, but weigh this out. Our lawmakers find it absolutely necessary that we wear seat belts in a car, but find it perfectly safe to ride motorcycles without helmets. Does anyone see the reasoning?
TEKGOD
Uber Member

It's all about the U

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2006, 05:13:20 pm »

screw helmets - he can't pick up chicks with those on. He lived on the edge & took his damage like a man. This will only add to the glory of big ben.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 05:27:14 pm »

Roethlisberger lost most of his teeth, fractured his left sinus cavity bone, suffered a nine-inch laceration to the back of his head and a broken jaw, and severely injured both of his knees when he hit the ground, police said.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 05:30:57 pm by Fau Teixeira » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2006, 06:13:24 pm »

I do feel bad for Ben... I hope he makes a full recovery and learns his lesson.

Maine... I can't debate the numbers with you, because they're definitely on your side on this subject. Personally, I don't like wearing a helmet because every helmet I've ever worn has shielded enough of my peripheral vision to make me feel uncomfortable. Debate to continue over the beer when we get together next.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2006, 06:44:55 pm »

broken face bone, broken jaw, broken nose, injured both knees.......loooks like we're winning the season opener....
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2006, 06:54:07 pm »

broken face bone, broken jaw, broken nose, injured both knees.......loooks like we're winning the season opener....
i guess they'd be happy to have Tommy Maddox back now, huh?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2006, 07:06:28 pm »

As nasty as all that sounds, John Clayton on ESPN made it out that it wasn't career threatening.

I drink your milkshake!
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 07:47:12 pm »

What's crazy about all this is that most NFL contracts have clauses that prohibit the player from engaging in dangerous activity.  That SPECIFICALLY includes motorcycle riding.  It's up to the Steelers if they want to do it or not, but they could go after his signing bonus just like the Browns could've gone after Kellen Winslow's. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray