Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:56:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  if that was the stupidest thing in football....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: if that was the stupidest thing in football....  (Read 1317 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: November 14, 2011, 12:58:17 pm »

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Watch-the-play-Rex-Ryan-called-the-8216-stupid?urn=nfl-wp11763

Rex Ryan called Mark Sanchez's timeout towards the end of the second quarter the stupidest moment in football history. 

While no doubt it was poor clock management, I wonder if that was the stupidest, where does one rate the late 4th quarter timeout in the 2007 Ravens-Patriots game?  2nd stupidest?, 3rd?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 01:40:50 pm »

I thought it was classless of Ryan to throw Sanchez under the bus like that.  Isn't he suppose to be a player's coach?   It was poor clock management, but I don't think those 17 seconds were that big a deal (since the Pats scored the TD with 17 seconds left on the clock). 
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 01:24:56 pm »

^^ I have to disagree. This is why I would- after ALL the crap that's been slung about him- still have Henne over Sanchez. As a third year QB, you HAVE to understand the offense well enough to either make the correct call at that point, or let the clock wind down before you call timeout. Maybe Sanchez was still having flashbacks of the ridiculous "flinch" play from the previous week? Who knows, but he and Rex both suck; him for the play, Rex for the comment. -EK
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray