Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 09:43:45 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Why This Year's Dolphin Team May Exceed Expectations.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Why This Year's Dolphin Team May Exceed Expectations.  (Read 14825 times)
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

jmd161@hotmail.com jmd161
Email
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2012, 07:54:25 am »

Played well enough? Are you serous, he is coming off a pro bowl season He is a top flight NT in this league who will now shift to DT where he will probably have MORE success. This notion that he is a marginal player who they were on the verge of letting go is laughable. They were trying to extend/sign him for 3 years. They gave him a HUGE payday in 2011 when they tagged him just to keep him and they gave him big money again this offseason back in March.

You have made up a false reality on this subject.

Now he's top flight in this league from one good season in which it was a contract yr... OK!   I'm not going there with you... you seem to get a hard on for arguing!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2012, 08:02:19 am »

Now he's top flight in this league from one good season in which it was a contract yr... OK!   I'm not going there with you... you seem to get a hard on for arguing!

1 good season? If LAST year was his only good season why did the team FRANCHISE TAG him and make him the 10th highest paid player in the entire league heading into last year?

And yes he is a top flight NT in this league!  Dolphins 3rd in the league at stopping the run, wouldn't a NT have some say in "run defense" stats?! I come on.
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

Email
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2012, 08:21:29 am »

1 good season? If LAST year was his only good season why did the team FRANCHISE TAG him and make him the 10th highest paid player in the entire league heading into last year?

And yes he is a top flight NT in this league!  Dolphins 3rd in the league at stopping the run, wouldn't a NT have some say in "run defense" stats?! I come on.

Yeah he's so top flight that the Dolphins moved DE Randy Starks to DT not much over a yr ago!  Roll Eyes 

Again you miss the fact that they had other needs to address and realized there wasn't any other choices that made sense at DT if they didn't secure one in the draft!  If it's not broke don't fix it... you seem to forget talk of Odrick starting at DT.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2012, 08:51:39 am »

I will root for them as always.  But unfortunately, if they go 8-8 this year they will have exceeded my expectations. 
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

Email
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2012, 09:19:05 am »

I will root for them as always.  But unfortunately, if they go 8-8 this year they will have exceeded my expectations. 

Same here... I was still the biggest and proud Dolphin fan during the 1-15 season!  I'm a Diehard Fan as my name suggest... I just prefer to keep things realistic!  I'm not going to say a good player is a great or top flight player when they aren't... no matter how big a Dolphin homer I am!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2012, 05:22:47 pm »

Yeah he's so top flight that the Dolphins moved DE Randy Starks to DT not much over a yr ago!  Roll Eyes 

Again you miss the fact that they had other needs to address and realized there wasn't any other choices that made sense at DT if they didn't secure one in the draft!  If it's not broke don't fix it... you seem to forget talk of Odrick starting at DT.

There was starting Oddrick at DT NEXT to Solai, that talk. Since you need 2 DT's in a 4-3 defense. But never any of Oddrick replacing Soliai by the organization. Maybe by fans but not the people that matter.

You miss the fact that the Fins tried to sign Soliai long-term 2 years ago during his great 2010 season. They couldn't. They franchised tagged him they didn't want to lose him and made him one of the 10 highest paid players in the entire league last year for 1 year. They tried signing him all last year during the season to a long-term deal. They couldn't. Then, when free agency started this year he signs with Miami less than 24 hours after free agency began. Soliai was on the open market for all of a few hours if that. How anyone can say that they were entertaining letting him go is beyond me when every action they have taken for 24+ months was to lock this guy up. And when he was on the market they were so scared that less than 1 day into free agency they gave a pretty big deal (hometown discount or not).   So when you say they were thinking about letting him go and replacing him, its just 100% false and it never happened. And there are NO actions in the past 2 years to back up that point.
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

Email
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2012, 07:44:56 pm »

There was starting Oddrick at DT NEXT to Solai, that talk. Since you need 2 DT's in a 4-3 defense. But never any of Oddrick replacing Soliai by the organization. Maybe by fans but not the people that matter.

You miss the fact that the Fins tried to sign Soliai long-term 2 years ago during his great 2010 season. They couldn't. They franchised tagged him they didn't want to lose him and made him one of the 10 highest paid players in the entire league last year for 1 year. They tried signing him all last year during the season to a long-term deal. They couldn't. Then, when free agency started this year he signs with Miami less than 24 hours after free agency began. Soliai was on the open market for all of a few hours if that. How anyone can say that they were entertaining letting him go is beyond me when every action they have taken for 24+ months was to lock this guy up. And when he was on the market they were so scared that less than 1 day into free agency they gave a pretty big deal (hometown discount or not).   So when you say they were thinking about letting him go and replacing him, its just 100% false and it never happened. And there are NO actions in the past 2 years to back up that point.

Yep ok...
sampras66

sampras66
Email
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2012, 08:54:36 pm »

Mia 12-4 this year.  Take it to the bank Smiley
   With 1% interest at the banks I won't book much.How about a dime?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray