Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:38:58 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Are you scared? He's returning :p
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Are you scared? He's returning :p  (Read 1605 times)
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« on: May 17, 2018, 08:42:29 am »

BUZZY WITHOUT A CAUSE
AND I'M BACK WITH THE
BASS PRO HAT
AND THE COPE RING SLACKS

Diddly dooooo diddly dooooo diddly dooooo diddly doooo

I've missed you all so very much.  Let's blog.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 12:40:22 pm »

Welcome back.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 12:48:12 pm »

Welcome back BigDaddyFin!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 01:09:16 pm »

Glad to have you.  Are you as skeptical about this season as I am?

I drink your milkshake!
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 01:23:11 pm »

YAY I FOUND DAVE!

I don't know if skeptical is the word.  I see some things in the off-season that I liked and some things I didn't like.

It bothers me that we didn't get more offensive and defensive linemen in the draft.  That defensive line was a turnstile last year.  I realize they went the free agent route but in a year or two those guys will be cut and you want some younger guys around who can really rush the passer and play the run on the way on defense and knock people on their ass on offense.

The fact that Cutler's gone will give us more consistent Quarterback play.  I like that they upgraded at TE. 

Call me crazy but I'm not going to miss Landry that much.  It seemed like he wrecked a few potential comebacks with his antics and ill-timed personal foul penalties.  To me that's more impact than a dude with 100 catches.  Now let's see what Parker turns into.  For the life of me I never understood why we got rid of Rashard Matthews and kept Kenny Stills.  On the plus side this team hasn't had this much talent at WR probably since Clayton and Duper.

I like where we are at linebacker and secondary much better than I did last year but we let too many quarterbacks sit back, have a beer in the pocket and then pick us apart.

To me anything 8-8 or better is a win I don't think we're going back to the playoffs this year.  If they can sweep the Jets and Bills (difficult but not impossible) and get a split with the Patriots, then really you only need to win 4 or 5 of the other games.  I almost don't count games against the NFC because the way the schedule is, your own conference record is infinitely more valuable.

I don't think Adam Gase is the problem.  Most of our problems last year can be traced to people who lacked discipline and poor line play.  They need to get the stupid penalties down.  You make enough hustle penalties in the course of a game as it is.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 12:56:46 am »

On the plus side this team hasn't had this much talent at WR probably since Clayton and Duper.
I don't know what you are seeing.  Unless Parker has a breakout season, this is the worst WR corps MIA has had since probably '09 (Ginn/Bess/Camarillo)... and I would happily take '09 Bess over any WR currently under contract in MIA.

Landry for Amendola is unquestionably a downgrade, so at a very minimum there was more talent at WR last year.  I'd also say that the '05-'06 teams with Chris Chambers/Marty Booker/Wes Welker had significantly more talent, as did the '10-'11 teams with Brandon Marshall/Davone Bess/Brian Hartline, and the '15 team (Landry/Parker/Stills/Rishard Matthews).

If Parker plays in '18 as he did in '17, there is only one respectable WR on the team (Stills).  No other WR on the Dolphins should even be a starter.

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 08:56:03 am »

I think if they play up to their talent, they could be almost as explosive.  That's just my opinion.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 08:57:40 am »

if you include TEs then maybe this year's "receiving corps" is actually better than last years
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray