Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:36:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  2008 Miami Dolphins NFL Draft Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Print
Author Topic: 2008 Miami Dolphins NFL Draft Thread  (Read 97118 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2008, 06:51:13 pm »

maybe their isn't any good WR's left in the draft.

Saints just snatched up Arrington.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2008, 06:52:30 pm »

Well darn  Angry

Will they take a WR and if so who? 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 06:56:22 pm by StL FinFan » Logged

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2008, 07:02:14 pm »

Well darn  Angry

Will they take a WR and if so who? 

Nope.  They just made their last pick.  Lionel Dotson, a DT from University of Arizona.  They grabbed an interior D-Lineman.

Not a single LB, WR, or DB drafted today by the Dolphins.  And I must note, this is the second draft in a row where they have not drafted a DB. 

Baffling...... very baffling.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 07:05:17 pm by Tommy » Logged
DolFan619
« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2008, 08:13:14 pm »

Here's the lowdown on Lionel Dotson.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/lionel-dotson?id=1702

I'm still a bit baffled with the Lex Hilliard pick.  I can understand drafting Jalen Parmele to offset the loss of Lorenzo Booker, but the Lex Hilliard pick could've been used to draft Adrian Arrington.
DolFan619
« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2008, 08:19:27 pm »

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/top_story.asp?contentID=5773

Jalen Parmele Conference Call

April 27, 2008

(On what it means to him to be selected by the Dolphins) – “It means a lot. I had a good visit with them on the 15th. I got to meet a lot of the coaching staff, the general manager, the head coach and (Bill) Parcells briefly. We had a good talk. I’m glad that everything went well and that I get to become a Dolphin.”

(On what the Dolphins said they were looking at in him as a player) – “They told me they were looking for a player with some versatility. They liked my character and they were looking for some quality player that can contribute to the team whether it’s special teams or being a backup running back. That’s what they told me.”

(On what he considers to be his strengths and weaknesses) – “My strengths are my ability to run with power. I have good power when I run, an explosion. As far as what I need to work on, my consistency, my technique in blocking. It gradually got better through the years, it’s just one thing that I need to improve on.”

(On who his agent is) – “Bruce Tollner with Rep 1 Sports.”

(On who he is sharing this moment with) – “My dad, my mom and two of my brothers.”

(On when he thought he would be drafted) – “I was watching (the draft). I wasn’t really sure. I was watching it wind down. I was projected late-round or a free agent, so I was expecting something later or not. I think once I we saw my name and got the call I got real excited and happy. It was really a mood swing for me.”

(On what he knows about the Dolphins) – “I know quite a few things. Obviously about the legacy of Dan Marino. They were the only team to go undefeated throughout the whole season. Ricky Williams, he was one of my favorite backs as a Dolphin, so I got to watch him run. I like the way he ran. I know a few things about the Dolphins.”

(On being excited about learning from RB Ricky Williams) – “I’m excited about playing with people I watched on TV when I was younger and going through high school and watching them run. It’s definitely something I’m looking forward to.”

(On where he is from and how he ended up at Toledo) – “My hometown is Midland, Michigan. Toledo recruited me early. I went to their senior day camp and a week later they offered me a scholarship. Since then I got to meet with the coaches and I went to a few of their practices and got acquainted with some of the players. That’s really what drew me in there.”

(On what other schools showed interest in him) – “I got offers from FAMU (Florida A&M), Western Michigan and Eastern Michigan.”
DolFan619
« Reply #215 on: April 27, 2008, 08:25:57 pm »

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/top_story.asp?contentID=5771

Donald Thomas Conference Call

April 27, 2008

(On what it means to him to be selected by the Dolphins) – “It’s really a great honor to be drafted, first of all, and to know that Bill Parcells saw that I was a player he could work with and mold into a great offensive lineman. I think it’s just an honor. I’m happy to be a Miami Dolphin now.”

(On if he ever thought he would be playing in the NFL when he was playing recreation league basketball) – “When I started playing at UConn, I walked onto the football team. I just wanted to be able to play Division I football. Now that I’m successful I’m able to play at the highest level, so I’m very excited about that. I’m really happy just to be here right now.”

(On if he went to the University of Connecticut to walk on) – “I went to school just to go to school and be a regular student. I was there and I saw I was just as big as some of the kids there to really compete with them. I decided to try my luck and walk onto the football team. It took some time to start playing, but it finally worked out for me after a couple of years.”

(On if there was a point this season he thought he had the talent to be drafted) – “Halfway through, towards the end of the season, scouts were starting to come see me practice. They (coaches) told me I had the ability and opportunity to play at the next level and just keep working and stay humble. They were definitely telling me and I just took that and ran with it.”

(On how surprised he is about being drafted) – “It’s unreal. I can’t even put it into words. I can’t believe that this is happening and I’m just so happy that this is happening.”

(On if he has a relationship with Head Coach Tony Sparano) – “I’ve always known that he’s from Connecticut. I never met him or anything like that. I know a few old teachers of mine that actually knew him. They were telling me, ‘Dolphins, Dolphins. I know Coach Sparano.’ Things of that nature, but I never met him before.”

(On what his conversations with the Dolphins were like leading up to the draft) – “I only had a couple of calls with them. They called me earlier in the week to make sure they had my right draft-day number and to see if I was healthy and if everything was alright. They didn’t show their hand like everyone else did right away. I’m just glad that they decided to draft me.”

(On what he was doing on draft day) – “I was sitting in my bed. Somebody was finally going to pick me up after the fifth round. I was just sitting here hoping, praying and sweating.”

(On what he knows about the Dolphins’ offensive line situation) – “I know that they are pretty much revamping. They have Jake Long now and he is the cornerstone of the offensive line. I just want to make sure that I’m able to be able to compete, learn as much as possible and hopefully work my way into the lineup at some time in the future.”

(On if he prefers playing on the right side or left side) – “Right and left.”

(On what side he played in college) – “Right guard.”
DolFan619
« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2008, 08:32:44 pm »

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/top_story.asp?contentID=5772

Lex Hilliard Conference Call

April 27, 2008

(On if he is related to Ike Hilliard) – “No, not at all.”

(On recovering from his Achilles tear) – “It was tough, but I had a lot of support from my family and teammates. It wasn’t too bad. The doctor told me I would come back in a year. I ended up doing it in 10 months. That was pretty incredible, just having the support of my fans, my family and the people around me.”

(On if his thumb is healed) – “That’s all good. It’s ready to go.”

(On if he is more of a fullback or a running back) – “I’ll play whatever. It may have to be on special teams. I’m ready to go. I’m ready to do whatever it takes to help the Miami Dolphins win.”

(On if he expected to be drafted) – “I was hoping for it. I didn’t really know what to expect going into it. Round-by-round passed and I never knew what to expect, then all of a sudden I get a phone call from an unknown area code. The excitement hit my heart hard.”

(On who called him to tell him he was drafted) – “The general manager for the Miami Dolphins.”

(On his hometown) – “Kalispell, Montana.”

(On his strengths and weaknesses) – “My versatility. The one thing I have to work on is my break-away speed. I’m not a guy that can take it 90 yards, but at the same time I am a guy that can get you five, six yards every down. I’m ready to work at it every down.”

(On what he has heard about Bill Parcells) – “I heard he is a great coach. A buddy of mine, Cory Proctor, he played for him at the Cowboys. He loved the guy. Cory was a good friend of mine while he was here and he still is. I just look forward to playing for Bill.”
DolFan619
« Reply #217 on: April 27, 2008, 08:46:16 pm »

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/top_story.asp?contentID=5782

Lionel Dotson Conference Call

April 27, 2008

(On his ‘L-train’ nickname) – “I was practicing one day and I was hitting a lot of people and knocking them on the ground and they said I was like a train, so they called me ‘L-train.’”

(On when he received his nickname) – “My junior year in high school.”

(On how it feels to be a member of the Miami Dolphins) – “It feels lovely. It feels great. I just wanted my opportunity so that I can show that I can play. God-willing, I got an opportunity.”

(On if the Dolphins showed a lot of interest during the draft process) – “They’ve been calling me throughout this whole second day. Towards the end I felt they were going to get me. They told me to hold on, so I felt good about it.”

(On what round the Dolphins started calling) – “Around the sixth.”

(On if he knew he was going to be selected by the Dolphins) – “I didn’t know. They just told me to hang in there and they’re going to see how the draft goes.”

(On if any other teams contacted him) – “Yes.”

(On what teams contacted him) – “Atlanta, the Giants and the Cardinals. That’s about it.”

(On if he thinks his injury history caused him to slip in the draft) – “I don’t really know what the reason was. I saw some stuff off the top of my head. It doesn’t matter now. I’m not going to live in the past. I’m a Miami Dolphin now. I’m just going to try to focus on this, making the team and contributing as a rookie.”

(On if he is healthy) – “Yes.”

(On his strengths) – “I bring quickness, toughness and athleticism to the NFL. I feel like I can rush the passer and I think that’s one of my greatest assets.”

(On what he feels like he needs to work on) – “My upper-body strength, my pad level and my hands. Also, some of my lower body strength. Strength is a big thing for me to work on at the next level.”

(On how much he benched at his workout) – “I didn’t bench.”

(On where he is from) – “Houston, Texas.”

(On if that is where he watched the draft) – “Yes.”

(On if he watched the entire draft) – “Yeah, I watched the whole draft.”

(On what it was like watching the entire draft) – “It was kind of frustrating and nervous, but at the same time nobody knows in the NFL draft. That’s why it’s the NFL draft – anything can happen. That’s why I’m just happy to get drafted by the Dolphins.”

(On his agent) – “Kenny Zuckerman.”

(On if being from Texas helped Bill Parcells notice him) – “I don’t know. Maybe. I hope so.”
DolFan619
« Reply #218 on: April 27, 2008, 09:03:37 pm »

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/miamidolphins/entries/2008/04/27/parcells_plan_continues_to_tak.html

Parcells’ plan continues to take shape

By Edgar Thompson | Sunday, April 27, 2008, 06:25 PM

The Dolphins’ first draft under Bill Parcells is in the books.

On Day 1, the team picked up three players from major programs, including Michigan teammates Jake Long and Chad Henne.

But you’d have to be a serious fan of college football to be familiar with any of the Dolphins’ second-day picks. None of these players is a household name.

Only two of the six players - UConn G Donald Thomas and Arizona DE Lionel Dotson - went to BCS conference schools. And the Huskies and Wildcats aren’t exactly upper-echelon BCS schools.

The other draft picks came from Hampton (DE Kendall Langford), Utah St. (G Shawn Murphy), Toledo (RB Jalen Parmale) and Montana (RB Lex Hilliard).

This shows the belief Parcells and GM Jeff Ireland have in their ability to evaluate talent and select the right pieces they need to build a team.

Day 2 wasn’t flashy, but it was functional.

The team selected two guards; a pair 290-pound-plus defensive ends who might have the ability to move inside if needed; and two straight-line, bruising running backs who will earn their keep on special teams.

The team didn’t select a cornerback or wide receiver, seemingly a couple of positions of need. But the Dolphins could find a few among the pool of undrafted free agents and bring them into next weekend’s rookie camp.

If Randy Mueller and Cam Cameron had put together this draft, this group would have had a better chance inciting Dolfans than exciting them

But the Big Tuna is calling the shots now.

I have a feeling most everybody out there is pretty pleased.

run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #219 on: April 27, 2008, 09:57:11 pm »

With the 29th pick of the 6th round the Miami Dophins draft Safety Dolphin-UK out of Bristol, England.....
I heard he's a tweener (too slow to play safety, too small to play corner) AND a project ....

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
bsfins
« Reply #220 on: April 27, 2008, 10:19:21 pm »

^^^ Ohhh Bad combo...I heard the same thing about Te in S. Missouri...They thought he was too too old,too much of an injury risk,not enough upside.....
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #221 on: April 27, 2008, 10:21:35 pm »

^^^ Ohhh Bad combo...I heard the same thing about Te in S. Missouri...They thought he was too too old,too much of an injury risk,not enough upside.....

Same thing with the Left Tackle in Central Florida.  Too old, too much of an injury risk, and has an alcohol problem and is one more fifth of scotch away from a yearlong suspension.   Grin Grin Grin

This is funny.
ARamsFan
« Reply #222 on: April 28, 2008, 01:05:16 pm »

Since the Rams have a history of blowing draft picks, I wouldn't be surprised if they take neither.  I'd better have a beer or two ready for Mr. StL so he doesn't throw things at the tv!  Grin
Donnie Avery was a nice catch, I think.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray