Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:01:50 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  shame of the game jets
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: shame of the game jets  (Read 5869 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 09:55:58 am »

I have to give it to the officiating crew. They kept the Jets in the game.
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 11:23:17 am »

I am surprised nobody has mentioned Will Allen.  Not sure if he had pass interference on that one play, but he at least had illegal contact that happened just before the ball was thrown.  He gave up a ridiculously easy TD with no double move and man coverage.  He dropped an interception in which he mugged the receiver and could have just as easily been called for pass interference.  He gave up illegal contact that kept the chains moving on a third down play.  He just looks out of his league out there.

Special Teams got beat on a trick play (which nobody expected) and Joey Porter messed up the second one.  Even so, hard to give SOTG to special teams, especially when Wake almost made the play on the first one.

Don't forget that the Jets have a pretty good O-line themselves; Porter wasn't the only one having trouble getting pressure.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 11:25:37 am »

Vontae Davis

He got burned 2 or 3 times that I can remember.  He looked like crap.  On one deep ball, he was one-on-one with Braylon and got burned, and YB had to bail him out and still got beat.

Vontae looked terrible out there.
bsfins
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 11:56:07 am »

I'm gonna throw out a controversial one.....(I almost started a thread about this prior to the game)

SOTG = NFL,and ESPN....I have nothing against the Latino,Hispanic population,but I didn't hear squat about "Hispanic heritage month" in any of the games I watched Sunday (Still saw a few pink gloves for breast cancer awareness  though...)...Then rammed it down our throats,over,and over Lastnight....It almost cheapened it,and made it Classless IMO....According to Wiki It's from Sept 15 through October 15th...At times it felt like the only reason they gave Miami the Monday night game was because it was because it was Hispanic heritage month...

Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 02:18:23 pm »

As far as the Latino thing...  I was going to write a formal complaint if every officiating call had been in Spanish.  They started out with heavy Hispanic stuff, but it really toned down as things went on.  I can handle what they did, but I really think folks need to be careful how much of this they put up with.

In essence, it is not realistic for everyone to be bilingual when we still have illiteracy.  I can tell you that this is a problem in health care.

As you said, this probably deserves its own thread.
Tepop84
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 01:32:41 am »

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8135fbd4/WK-5-Mark-Sanchez-highlights

video at 0:57.  porter gets blocked by a tight end.  lol at people saying he is getting double teamed.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 09:01:30 am »

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8135fbd4/WK-5-Mark-Sanchez-highlights

video at 0:57.  porter gets blocked by a tight end.  lol at people saying he is getting double teamed.

So if we post a video showing him making a play then it means he played a perfect game? One play does not make a game no matter which way it goes.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 07:15:03 pm »

Will Allen for getting burned at least twice by Braylon Edwards, and the Officiating crew for having no clue what Pass Interference actually involves.

HM- ESPN for their generally shitty coverage of everything even though I had no problem with the Latino celebration (I must admit I was more than a little confused by it) and the NFL for featuring Mark Sanchez in nearly every commercial on a game that was played in Miami, which I'm sure has plenty of Latino aspects that are football related that could have been celebrated in a commercial.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
NADS
Uber Member

27 years of heartache.

Email
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2009, 12:04:19 am »

So if we post a video showing him making a play then it means he played a perfect game? One play does not make a game no matter which way it goes.

Good luck finding Porter making a play in the Jets game, but I know what you're saying. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2009, 07:58:43 am »

Will Allen for getting burned at least twice by Braylon Edwards, and the Officiating crew for having no clue what Pass Interference actually involves.

HM- ESPN for their generally shitty coverage of everything even though I had no problem with the Latino celebration (I must admit I was more than a little confused by it) and the NFL for featuring Mark Sanchez in nearly every commercial on a game that was played in Miami, which I'm sure has plenty of Latino aspects that are football related that could have been celebrated in a commercial.

The funny thing is Mexicans (Sanchez) and Cubans (Miami) don't typically get along ... at least in the construction world so I would assume it carries over. The same with Hatians, Jamaicans and blacks.  I don't know about you guys but as a young naive white person this came as a big surprise to me.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray