Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:33:45 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  100 years: The Titanic...(a rant)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 100 years: The Titanic...(a rant)  (Read 7713 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 01:56:59 pm »

I was an Assistant Professor at University of Cask'n Flagon.  Those were good times.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Landshark
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 08:57:15 pm »

I was an Assistant Professor at University of Cask'n Flagon.  Those were good times.

Did you pledge to I Tappa Kegga or Kappa Kappa Chino?
SportsChick
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 09:59:16 pm »

I heard part of Valentine's interview on EEI when dennis ans Callahan asked him about the Schilling comments. His reaction made me sad and so unhopeful for this season.

I'm the girl that makes men jealous of my husband

I hate Red Sox and Patriots bandwagon fans. They give the rest of us a bad name
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 10:48:39 pm »

His reaction is why he's a used douche noodle.  I love Callahan, the guy is a bull dog and won't back down (and won't accept silence as an answer).  "Consider the source?  He is a three time World Series winning pitcher, two of those titles came in this town.  Seems like a good source to me  Why isn't he a good source to you?"

"Next question."

Screw you, Valentine.  The bright side?  He won't be the manager after this season.  Schill is very right.  This is going to go bad, quick.

-Voltaire
SportsChick
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2012, 09:18:29 am »

I know he is right as much as you don't want him to be right. Losing Jacoby for 6-8 sucks too

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 09:13:58 am »

Boston starts the season 0-4.  They go on to recover fairly nicely, rattling off three straight wins and looking pretty darn decent at the same time.  Their new closer, Alfredo Aceves, is throwing 96mph darts and looks great.  They stumbled onto a 98-97mph left handed set up guy in Franklin Morales.  Clay Buchholz gives up four runs in the top of the 1st the other day and still manages to give them 7 innings and a win, a game where he could have imploded.  The team loses Ellsbury (again), this time possible for months, and Aviles responds in the lead off spot by going 3-5 and popping a HR.  The offense is cranking.  The bullpen looks good.  Carl Crawford feels good, took BP three days in a row and is ready to start some extended spring training games and might join the team in three weeks. 

And Bobby Valentine feels this is the right time to roll a grenade into his own locker room.

Say what you will about Kevin Youkilis.  The one thing you can't say about the guy?  Effort and caring.  He is one of a handful of guys out there who define "dirt dog."  Boston could be winning 13-1, if Youkilis strikes out to end bottom of 8th inning he will walk back to the dugout screaming about it.  Maybe the rest of the guys on this team feel the same way, they don't carry their emotions and heart on their sleeve like Youk does.  Valentine does this?

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2012/04/valentine_youki.html

Do people still want reasons why I hate Bobby Valentine?

-Voltaire
SportsChick
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 05:02:01 pm »

I know there are comments out there about Youk being a jerk and things of that sort, but I've never heard anything about his play, hustle and caring on the field until Valentine said something.

I do love how Pedy backed Youk up real quick. Seems like the guys have each other's backs, even if their manager doesn't.

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 11:21:19 pm »

"Youk plays as hard as anybody I've seen in my life. I don't understand what Bobby's thinking to do but that's not how we do our stuff around here, he'll find that out soon... [Could this be a way to motivate someone?] Maybe in Japan or something, over here in the US we're on a three game winning streak and want to keep it rolling. We want to make sure we've got each other's back... as teammates, this game's hard, Youk's a great player he works his butt off... we'll figure it out." -- Dustin Pedroia on Bobby's slam on Youk

I challenge someone to find me one instance, just one, of a player having a public spat with Tito.  Just one.

-Voltaire
Landshark
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 08:15:14 am »

Bobby Valentine is the Jimmy Johnson of baseball.  A good manager who makes teams into winners but rubs a lot of people the wrong way while doing it and always leaves on a bad note. 

I have a feeling the Red Sox will contend this year but at the end of the year, the locker room will be even more divided.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray