Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:31:20 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins-Jets local telecast in jeopardy due to lagging ticket sales
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins-Jets local telecast in jeopardy due to lagging ticket sales  (Read 9416 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 10:22:31 am »

I don't know if ticket sales are up, down or the same. All I know is when I watch a game in Miami on TV I see a bunch of Orange seats. I honestly wonder if Miami is a good "football city". I know everyone likes a wonder, but gesh!

It could also be $$$$. I forget the latest figures for a person to go game, get a ticket, hot dog, beer and a hat, but it was a couple of hundred.  Here is the cost for a family of 4.

http://www.mint.com/blog/consumer-iq/the-real-cost-of-attending-a-football-game-09201/

The only point I am making (which has been backed up by every newspaper in town and trust me they would love nothing more than to catch the Fins in a lie and expose them and start drama) is that season tickets grew by 6-8,000. Single largest offseason growth in over 10 years maybe ever. The overall number of season tickets still sucks don't get me wrong. Nobody is claiming its good, it isn't. But season tickets grew, that is the only point. Season tickets grew overall by a a few thousand and it hasn't solved the problem.
miamiwestchester

Email
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 10:59:08 am »

That is 100% incorrect and the facts back it up. I (nor did anyone else say) ticket sales were up overall. Just SEASON TICKETS SOLD got a small bump and are UP!!!! It's a fact. You choose to ignore it. You choose to be wrong!

You gave up your seats and want to feel vindicated in some way thinking everyone did too. When in reality overall there was a small bump. Even with the bump ticket sales still stink but its a bump nontheless.

No that is what I was saying all the time. You have tried to twist it because YOU got caught. Anyone that wants can go back and read what was posted.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 11:08:24 am »

No that is what I was saying all the time. You have tried to twist it because YOU got caught. Anyone that wants can go back and read what was posted.

Go back, I welcome it (http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/forums/index.php?topic=20427.0 )  That is what I have said all along. Season Tickets GREW by 6,000 to 8,000 overall, the single biggest growth in one offseason the past 10 years  but the ticket situation still sucks. Nobody ever denied the ticket situation sucks, but let's also acknowledge the facts, they sold a few more season tickets this year overall. That is a FACT.

I said it last week, I said it this morning. I haven't changed once.

Fins4ever
Uber Member

Dan the Dolphin

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 11:21:55 am »

I am one of those orange seats.

I was a season ticket holder for like 6 years.  Dave, Fau and I used to go every Sunday.  

Then they raised the prices, made our seats into "premium" seats and pushed us out of our seats that we had for all those years (as well as took away a game that they played in London that season).  So I didn't renew..

It cost me nearly $1000 for any type of decent seats (for 2 seats).  Now, I can't even afford to go to a single game because it would cost me over $200 for that 1 day (at single game rate).  Sorry, I have a nice TV, and its free.  Even if I spend $50 on wings and beer at a sports bar, its still better.

The worst part is that its not fun.  For nearly 2 seasons, they didn't win a single home game.  I'm DEFINITELY not paying that kind of money to feel miserable and waste my entire Sunday baking in the sun.

It just doesn't make economical sense for me to go to games anymore.  I have better things to spend my money on.  And that's the primary driving factor.  I'd love to go again (like this weekend), but at this point in my life, I have to prioritize my spending.  Who knows, maybe I might get season tickets next season (when I didn't waste my sports budget on crappy Marlins tickets).

Man, that is just crap! How could they treat you guys that way? All the sudden your view got better? Raise prices when the Fins have been losing...esp. at home???

You bring up some great points and this topic deserves it own thread. I will call it, "Is Going To The Game Worth It?" See ya there!

To lack vision is worse than being blind - Helen Keller
miamiwestchester

Email
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 12:12:13 pm »

I don't know if ticket sales are up, down or the same. All I know is when I watch a game in Miami on TV I see a bunch of Orange seats. I honestly wonder if Miami is a good "football city". I know everyone likes a wonder, but gesh!

It could also be $$$$. I forget the latest figures for a person to go game, get a ticket, hot dog, beer and a hat, but it was a couple of hundred.  Here is the cost for a family of 4.

http://www.mint.com/blog/consumer-iq/the-real-cost-of-attending-a-football-game-09201/

There are many factors that go into the attendance.

For me, it wasn't about money. I gladly paid out money for many, many years because at least it was a classy organization that I was proud to be associated with and support financially.

Then Parcells comes into town and then blows out of town quickly, and leaves us with Ireland & Sparano, and a new owner Ross. What an embarrassing Trifecta !!! That is when I started losing faith.

Then the flight to San Francisco.

Then the embarrassing "Round Table" press conference when Ross got back and told us he didn't offer Harbaugh the job, or that anything happened, but I just wanted to make sure to give Sparano an extention out of the goodness of my heart. And the way Ireland & Sparano had to be separated by Ross and wouldn't even look at each other, or basically acknowledge each other was there was so, so awkward. That whole debacle was so uncomfortable and embarrassing.

Then it got worse.......

An 0-7 start, Tim Tebow Worship Day, Sparano gets fired, Fisher turns us down, then Manning, then protests at the Davie Facility.

I said enough is enough......until they can show me they are serious about being a classy organization they won't get my money again. Until then I am watching them closely, but not giving Ross a cent.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 12:19:05 pm by miamiwestchester » Logged
miamiwestchester

Email
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 12:13:27 pm »

Go back, I welcome it (http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/forums/index.php?topic=20427.0 )  That is what I have said all along. Season Tickets GREW by 6,000 to 8,000 overall, the single biggest growth in one offseason the past 10 years  but the ticket situation still sucks. Nobody ever denied the ticket situation sucks, but let's also acknowledge the facts, they sold a few more season tickets this year overall. That is a FACT.

I said it last week, I said it this morning. I haven't changed once.

Once again you contradicted yourself. It's amazing......
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 12:19:31 pm »

Once again you contradicted yourself. It's amazing......

Not at all. The proof is there. What I said is documented, didn't change one thing once! Consistant stance the entire time.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 01:47:56 pm »

come on guys, we don't need a "i am right" pissing contest.  Try to keep the discussion relevant.

In related news, the blackout was lifted today.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray