Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:39:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  I'm not intimidated by Arizona.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: I'm not intimidated by Arizona.  (Read 2509 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 08:01:50 pm »

Beanie Wells is on IR.  What else ya got?

Beanie Wells, at best, is the 2nd best RB on that team. He's Shonn Greene, wearing red.

Ryan Williams is "what else they got"...and I think he is a pretty damned good young RB.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Fins4ever
Uber Member

Dan the Dolphin

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 10:24:29 am »

As someone who watches a lot of Cardinals football I can tell you their defense is fast and really, really good. The offense has never impressed me since Warner retired. Kolb has put together a couple of games where he has been serviceable and hasn't made his typical boneheaded mistakes but I still do not think he is a good QB. If Miami's pass rush can get to him and lay a couple of good hits on him he will start chucking Int's and making horrible passes. AZ's offensive line is just downright horrible, they create no push therefore AZ cannot get their running game going. Beanie being out only really hurts them at the goal line as he was great at pushing the ball in. Ryan Williams is a better back I believe but he is very prone to fumble and that could cost AZ. Miami's run D is very good so I do not see AZ's running game will be a problem for Miami. If they don't put pressure on Kolb he will be ok and AZ will win easily. The Miami offense will have a hard time establishing the run against the Cards D and I think that is the key to Miami pulling out a win. If Miami is able to control the clock and run the ball it will be an interesting game.

As much as I want to see the Phins win this game I honestly don't see it happening but hey I have been wrong before and I would love to be wrong now. My guess will be 23-16 Arizona.

I think that sums it up as good as it can be explained. If Miami doesn't pressure Kolb and have a decent running game, they have no chance.

Zona sacked Vick 8 times last week and had several more hits. We don't want to be depending on Tanny to win. Personally, I would love for Miami to route them, but more realistically.....

AZ. 20
Miami 6

To lack vision is worse than being blind - Helen Keller
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 09:55:07 am »

I like Arizona's defense alot. Not a big fan of Arizona's offense though.

Last time Miami went to Arizona they got crushed, it was really ugly. It was also the week before Miami made their miracle run in 2008 to win the AFC East.

Fins4ever
Uber Member

Dan the Dolphin

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 11:14:04 am »

Dockett and Heap are doubtful and that helps. Bush is a game time decision. Will see how it works out.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 11:25:05 am »

Dockett and Heap are doubtful and that helps. Bush is a game time decision. Will see how it works out.

LaCanfora reported a half hour ago Bush is playing
Fins4ever
Uber Member

Dan the Dolphin

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 11:44:54 am »

LaCanfora reported a half hour ago Bush is playing

Excellent news. Watching NFL Network, had not heard that. I live in AZ. and knew they had a good D and Fitzgerald is just the best. However, I had this one racked up as a W before the season and Wisenhunt on his way out.

I gotta hand it to the staff. Skelton played great in PS and won the QB job and just when it looked like Zona screwed the pooch on giving Kolb a huge contract, he is now playing well. Miami will need to play their best game of the year to win this one. 

AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 10:31:16 am »

The Arizona front 7 did not allow the Phins to get the running game going even without Dockett, what I ddn't see happening was Tannehill chucking the ball all over the field like the 2nd coming of Dan Marino on the AZ secondary.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 06:34:49 pm »

The Arizona front 7 did not allow the Phins to get the running game going even without Dockett, what I ddn't see happening was Tannehill chucking the ball all over the field like the 2nd coming of Dan Marino on the AZ secondary.
[/quote

Reggie looked timid the first 3 quarters in my opinion. Not the same guy we have seen the first 3 weeks. By the end of the game he was back to his old self. But missing a week of practice hurt him and it showed.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray