Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:20:39 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Realistic opportunity for Dolphins to make playoff push
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Realistic opportunity for Dolphins to make playoff push  (Read 8145 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2015, 09:17:31 am »

I don't trust you. I am going to go to the Googles to searchify it.

EXcellent

I'd rather be lucky than good.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2015, 04:54:43 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2015, 08:20:33 am »

This team was picked by many experts to challenge the Patriots for the division. Many people outside of DolFans were pretty shocked at how poorly we played. Now the team has finally played one game doing exactly what everyone was expecting. While history isn't on our side all we have to do is play like we are capable of and then yes we will have a chance.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Heatles

Email
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2015, 09:58:46 am »

The Cleveland Browns are living breathing proof that if you have a rock solid o-line you can have an old washed up garbage QB with no legit WR's and TE on the roster and a bunch of nobody RB's and still produce and have a capable offense. Last 2 weeks the Browns have the most yards and points in the entire NFL. Playing on the road vs SD and Baltimore, two teams that aren't pushovers.  The Browns o-line is maybe the best in the league and amazing, and it carry's that team week in and week out. Makes marginal players look better than they are.

If you can protect your QB....almost any QB....in this league with the ways the rules are set up to enhance the passing game and be slanted towards the passing game, you will have success.  The Browns protect McCown and even with a WR unit of nobody's, I mean utter nobody's....they get yards and points!

Look at the terrible o-line's in the league, the 4 worst this year are......Seattle, Denver, Miami, Detroit....all four teams this year struggle to do anything on offense and move the ball due to the o-line's being so friggin bad.

I've always said if I was a GM I would pay for the best Oline and Dline in the NFL. I think if you have both of those you're going to be good regardless of who you have in other areas. That might not win you a Superbowl but you'll be a good competitive team.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2015, 10:37:48 am »

I've always said if I was a GM I would pay for the best Oline and Dline in the NFL. I think if you have both of those you're going to be good regardless of who you have in other areas. That might not win you a Superbowl but you'll be a good competitive team.

We are paying for an elite D-line with what we are paying Suh and Wake. We have paid big money to Albert and Pouncey and used a 1st round pick on James. Problem is we have consistently ignored and whiffed on the guard position. Yes we have used two 3rd round picks on guards recently but at a certain point just admit they suck and move on. They won't do that. And they didn't need to replace them with top of the line free agent guards, just capable NFL vet's who don't totally suck. Journeymen guards or some run of the mill guy who doesn't get beat consistently is all that is needed.
Heatles

Email
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2015, 11:06:41 am »

We are paying for an elite D-line with what we are paying Suh and Wake. We have paid big money to Albert and Pouncey and used a 1st round pick on James. Problem is we have consistently ignored and whiffed on the guard position. Yes we have used two 3rd round picks on guards recently but at a certain point just admit they suck and move on. They won't do that. And they didn't need to replace them with top of the line free agent guards, just capable NFL vet's who don't totally suck. Journeymen guards or some run of the mill guy who doesn't get beat consistently is all that is needed.

Agreed. Like you said, there's got to be a couple guards out there that are at least a little better than the stiffs we're running out there now.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray