Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:38:15 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Let's talk home projects!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Let's talk home projects!  (Read 1956 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2021, 10:24:24 am »

That's the problem with older homes. You have to deal with many previous owners and their do it yourself or local handyman remodels. I'm guilty of that too so I get it. I'm going to be adding a heater in the ceiling of my bathroom like I did with my previous house. We are looking to spray foam the roof so that covers a multitude of ceiling repairs.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2021, 01:42:12 pm »

Are you constantly doing something?  I have stuff like this, but I've kept at it so it's not building up.

I've had some issues the past several years that have prevented me from staying on top of things like I used to.  The big one being that I also have a rental property (which I hope to sell soon), some prior tenants that lived there absolutely trashed the place and I spent all of my free time over about six months to get it put back in rental condition (even with some help from friends/family).  Then there were also some large general improvements that had to be done on the rental from normal wear and tear.  I've had to work a lot of overtime the past couple years also, partly due to covid.  Then there's the fact that i'm older (55) and just can't accomplish as much as when I was younger, everything takes longer and I sometimes need help with things, whereas when I was younger I could just power through it.  The last couple weeks I've been able to get some landscaping done, I'm hoping to get caught up on some projects by the time Christmas comes.  I really wish there were teen age kids around that wanted to make a couple bucks doing things like yardwork, like when I was a kid, that would free me up to take on other projects.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray