Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:18:11 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins Sign RT Isaiah Wynn
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins Sign RT Isaiah Wynn  (Read 788 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: May 15, 2023, 10:29:48 am »

Wynn cannot stay on the field, playing in no more than 10 games a year in all 5 of his seasons with the Pats. However, I think when on the field he is pretty good. Rather than this move allowing Jackson to go inside and be LG or something, I would rather they battle it out in camp or have Austin be the backup. He has done nothing to deserve that starting RT job and Wynn is not healthy enough to be guaranteed a job with no backup plan.

I like the move, I just hope we don't think Wynn is starting 17 games and the playoffs.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 10:36:40 am »

Yeah, signing Wynn seems like a decent idea at this stage. Still not even remotely convinced we can field a solid unit, but this might give a bump in half the games.

We also cut 3 UDFA rookie offensive linemen. I'm not going to bother trying to keep up with names at this stage, but it is interesting to see the amount of effort that's going into finding some depth at that position.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 11:13:45 am »

Yeah, signing Wynn seems like a decent idea at this stage. Still not even remotely convinced we can field a solid unit, but this might give a bump in half the games.

We also cut 3 UDFA rookie offensive linemen. I'm not going to bother trying to keep up with names at this stage, but it is interesting to see the amount of effort that's going into finding some depth at that position.

I do believe we are going to have our 7th rounder from Michigan play a prominent role this season, intentionally. I don't know how effective that will be or what position. Wynn was probably the best RT available, any other signings will be veteran depth, although I still pray some LG becomes available because Eichenberg is an abomination. Or the 7th rounder takes his job, which is certainly a possibility.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2023, 12:30:14 pm »

^ Wynn had a hard time adjusting to right tackle last year, from what I've read, but that's certainly a huge weakness in the line. He did start four years (well, four HALF seasons) at left tackle, so he could add depth behind Armstead as well. I wouldn't want to gamble on that 7th round rookie to start games at left if Armstead goes down.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2023, 06:33:22 pm »

As well as signing Wynn, they also got hold of Cedric Ogbuehi to try out.

While none of the UDFA linemen worked out, it's good to know they're still throwing bodies into the mix to try and get our OL right.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2023, 08:35:56 am »

As well as signing Wynn, they also got hold of Cedric Ogbuehi to try out.

While none of the UDFA linemen worked out, it's good to know they're still throwing bodies into the mix to try and get our OL right.

Would've preferred they tried an actual solution and signed some veteran LG or RT who can stay on the field. You can't assume Jackson ever takes the field and you can't assume he is anything but the worst when he does. So, Wynn is basically our starting RT as of now.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2023, 02:32:24 am »

^ Wynn had a hard time adjusting to right tackle last year, from what I've read, but that's certainly a huge weakness in the line. He did start four years (well, four HALF seasons) at left tackle, so he could add depth behind Armstead as well. I wouldn't want to gamble on that 7th round rookie to start games at left if Armstead goes down.

lol, yeah Armstead only plays about half the season, so maybe he and Wynn can split time at LT; as long as they aren't injured at the same time.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray