Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2026, 12:55:37 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Achane is done.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Achane is done.  (Read 471 times)
Frimp
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 5996

Swallow Yer Hat Cause Ye Ship is Sinking...

billselby9773
WWW Email
« on: September 28, 2026, 10:58:18 am »

Torn ACL.

Not that it mattered, but maybe the refs could have called the Chefs player who was trying to twist Achane's head off in that play?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/50052064/sources-dolphins-rb-devon-achane-suffered-torn-acl-vs-chiefs

With the first pick of the 2027 draft...
Logged
Denver2
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 858


Email
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2026, 12:03:27 pm »

Terrible news. Hope he recovers well.
Logged
Sibster
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 684


Email
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2026, 12:44:26 pm »

Best player out for the season.   Might as well pencil them in for that top draft slot.
Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 23028

Do you know what I am saying?


Email
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2026, 01:24:17 am »


Jeremiah Smith, come on down!

Logged

"No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food!"
~Long Duk Dong
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 2121


Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982


Email
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2026, 06:21:21 am »

Horrible news. Achane looked to be a special player who was growing into a genuine leadership role and loving it.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery, while continuing to be a leader from the sidelines.

Nobody thought going in that the running back position was one where we would be caught short, but here we are.

It's time for Wright and Gordon to step up, because this is their best (and possibly last) opportunity for it.
Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 17892


cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2026, 09:59:55 am »

Jeremiah Smith, come on down!


Does this mean you've given up on Chris Bell and Caleb Douglas? In my opinion we only draft a QB unless Malik Willis proves he is the guy. We would then draft a receiver if Bell and Douglas don't pan out. Third we would need to draft a stud pass rusher but that is only if the other two are working out favorably.
Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 31356

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2026, 01:28:44 pm »

I don't see how we don't take a QB if we get the first pick.  I just think you need a franchise QB to build around and another team's backup just isn't the place to start a complete rebuild.
Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 23028

Do you know what I am saying?


Email
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2026, 02:09:46 pm »

Does this mean you've given up on Chris Bell and Caleb Douglas?

I'd take Manning (or whatever QB you prefer) if QB is the definite call...but I see Jeremiah Smith as a Calvin Johnson-caliber player, and it really wouldn't matter what other WR's they have.

Logged

"No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food!"
~Long Duk Dong
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 16737


Bay Area Niner-Hater


« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2026, 02:21:40 pm »

Jeremiah Smith is the most obvious franchise player WR since Marvin Harrison Jr.!
Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 17892


cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2026, 02:56:37 pm »

I guess you guys are right. I've just been thinking of needs and not necessarily the most impactful player. I know I sure wish we'd have drafted Ja'Marr Chase instead of Waddle. I like Waddle but he is not Chase.
Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15953



« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2026, 02:58:19 pm »

QB is the only choice for me.
Logged
Denver2
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 858


Email
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2026, 03:55:30 pm »

With what should be a deep class you take a QB. You need a franchise QB to consistently win and that’s it. If Miami doesn’t even try and takes a WR I’m honestly probably out.
Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 16737


Bay Area Niner-Hater


« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2026, 04:41:51 pm »

I guess you guys are right. I've just been thinking of needs and not necessarily the most impactful player. I know I sure wish we'd have drafted Ja'Marr Chase instead of Waddle. I like Waddle but he is not Chase.
MIA would not have been able to draft Chase "instead of" Waddle.
They would have only been able to draft Chase "instead of" trading the #3 pick to SF for three first-rounders (who ultimately became Waddle and Chubb).

Now, if we are operating with a crystal ball, and we know that:

1) CIN will draft Chase (instead of drafting a blue-chip OT to protect their already-injured #1 overall QB)
2) Chase will become a top 3 WR in the league, while Waddle will be an elite #2 at best
3) Van Ginkel will have a breakout 2024, making a trade for Chubb unnecessary

...then sure, passing on three firsts to pick Chase makes sense.  But if you don't know the future, that's a very tough sell.
Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 23028

Do you know what I am saying?


Email
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2026, 04:44:01 pm »

Jeremiah Smith is the most obvious franchise player WR since Marvin Harrison Jr.!

Hahahahaha!!  Semi-hilarious...but wholly stupid.

Logged

"No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food!"
~Long Duk Dong
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 16737


Bay Area Niner-Hater


« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2026, 05:26:31 pm »

No wide receiver will turn around a franchise, no matter how good they are.  One may recall that the actual Calvin Johnson was drafted to a team that went 0-16 shortly thereafter.

Personally, I would think that the whole "Tank for Tua" experience would have turned this generation of Dolphins fans off of the idea of Drafting One Player That Is The Savior, but that's just me I guess.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2026, 05:28:56 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray


Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines