Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:06:27 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Top 5 Reasons You Can't Blame Dan Marino...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Top 5 Reasons You Can't Blame Dan Marino...  (Read 9689 times)
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2006, 05:55:48 am »

I don't know, T-God, but this might just be the first time we've disagreed on any sports-related issue up here. Had to happen eventually, I guess...  Wink

I don't mind a good cross-sport comparison, but saying all you need is one superstar in the NBA is a head-scratcher. The two best teams in the NBA (Detroit, San Antonio) are the two best teams because they have the two best "teams," not because they have one superstar and a bunch of mediocre bums. The biggest "superstar" in the NBA (Kobe Bryant) has his squad mired in third place in his own division and has zero chance of winning anything other than a scoring title any time soon. Lebron James won't win anything until he gets a real team around him either.

Basketball is a team sport just like football...

You've got a point.  True.
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006, 06:39:43 pm »

Basketball is a team sport just like football...
Not quite.  One player in basketball is 20% of the starters.  One player in football is less than 5% of the starters.  Adding a Michael Jordan to a basketball team is the equivalent of adding 4 or 5 Hall of Famers to a football team.   Can anyone name a modern era football team with 4 or 5 HOFers that didn't win a Super Bowl or two?

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2006, 03:57:03 pm »

Can anyone name a modern era football team with 4 or 5 HOFers that didn't win a Super Bowl or two?

Although I don't know if they will total 4-5 but the Buffalo Bills come to mind.

Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, & Bruce Smith (one in and two locks in my opinion) are there, but I can't come up with a fourth.
bsfins
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2006, 04:03:41 pm »

Andre Reed
Kent hall the Center from those SB teams
Cornelius Bennett
Darryl Talley
All HOF canidates this year (Prelims)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 04:08:33 pm by Lil B » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray