Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:57:48 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Playoff Expansion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Are you in favor of playoff expansion?
Yes   -5 (31.3%)
No   -11 (68.8%)
Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: Playoff Expansion  (Read 4426 times)
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 05:51:30 pm »

I am mixed on this. Since they went with the 4 division set in each conference, that is 4 automatic seeds for winning your division regardless of record. So if you have 3 bubble teams at say 10-6 or 9-7 but the worst division winner is 8-8 I do not believe that this is fair that they get in for being the winner of a shitty division. I think we leave it at 6, and the top 6 teams go no matter the division in each conferece, or they should consider expansion.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 06:12:35 pm »

So, then, would it be better if it went to 6 wild card teams, regarldess of division winner?
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2006, 09:01:52 pm »

I say still expand to 8, with no first round bye. 
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2006, 05:36:52 am »

I am mixed on this. Since they went with the 4 division set in each conference, that is 4 automatic seeds for winning your division regardless of record. So if you have 3 bubble teams at say 10-6 or 9-7 but the worst division winner is 8-8 I do not believe that this is fair that they get in for being the winner of a shitty division.

Um...yeah, what I said. Great minds...    Grin
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2006, 09:03:41 am »

Given that a #6 seed just won the Super Bowl (beating both #1s, a #2, and a #3 on the way) it's hard to argue that teams just on the outside of the bubble don't deserve to be in contention.  Had KC won one more game, this year's Super Bowl winner wouldn't have even qualified for the postseason.  That's a pretty fine line.

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2006, 10:02:34 am »

Given that a #6 seed just won the Super Bowl (beating both #1s, a #2, and a #3 on the way) it's hard to argue that teams just on the outside of the bubble don't deserve to be in contention.  Had KC won one more game, this year's Super Bowl winner wouldn't have even qualified for the postseason.  That's a pretty fine line.

Yeah, but keep in mind that most years, you don't have #6 seeds as capable and physical as this year's Pittsburgh Steelers.  Pittsburgh winning the Super Bowl as a #6 seed is clearly the exception, not the rule. 
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2006, 05:57:44 pm »

Um...yeah, what I said. Great minds...    Grin

Sorry I skimmed through and posted my thoughts, so yeah.....I agree with Thundergod!!!!!  Wink

So, then, would it be better if it went to 6 wild card teams, regarldess of division winner?

In essence yes. Top 6 teams make it, I wouldn't mind that at all!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray