Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:35:11 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Can We Fire Flores Now?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Can We Fire Flores Now?  (Read 3463 times)
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2022, 08:32:54 am »

Then perhaps you should have refrained from injecting them into this thread, as you did when you cited an article that:

1) does not mention the words "Miami" or "Dolphins" at all
2) has nothing to do with any team the Dolphins may face again this year

The flimsy excuse of "look at the team Miami lost to" has no more to do with this thread than any of the other 13 teams has MIA played.  You're not fooling anyone by injecting an article that's critical of the Titans as "strongly Dolphins related" solely because MIA lost to them.  TEN's strength compared to other #1 seeds in history has literally nothing to do with the 2021 Miami Dolphins.

Because most of us were present for your last run here, when you start talking about how "offensive line performance doesn't correlate to success" or "win-loss record is not a reliable indicator of team quality" or even "the Titans are a severely overrated team," we know what you're trying to say.  Your dog whistle is not slick.
Is that how the moderators work on your forum... silently make posts disappear, then send nastygrams in PMs?
Thanks for the advice.

Listen pal, if you have a problem with me, then manage me backchannel, rather than displaying your paranoia for the whole world to see.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2022, 08:38:03 am »

Funnily enough, out of the recent QBs the one that reminds me most of Tua the most would be Russell Wilson. The key difference is to me is the Hawks had decent coaching group who were fully behind him from the start of his rookie year, supported him with a great OL and rushing game to go with their suffocating defense... they went to back to back Superbowls, winning one.

Now that's not in the group of what I call the truly elite echelon of QBs (Rodgers, Brady, Peyton, and maybe Brees) who can seem to make the most ordinary of wideouts look like superstars when they join their squad. But it says to me Tua does possibly have the tools to win - provided he has the necessary support. To date we haven't given him anything remotely resembling that.

There have been lots of questions about the quality of the pass blocking of Wilson's offensive lines over the years.  He's been pretty regularly regarded as a QB whose mobility and evasion of pressure has surmounted the quality of his offensive lines.

I would say the biggest difference between Wilson and Tua right now is that while both show good ability to evade pressure, Wilson has shown far more ability to throw downfield laser beams that generate big plays.  Tua may have that ability as well and it may be undermined by other factors, or he may not.  We simply need a bigger sample size with Tua.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2022, 11:09:48 am »

Listen pal, if you have a problem with me, then manage me backchannel, rather than displaying your paranoia for the whole world to see.
Between 1 and 2, he must really be angry

DenverFinFan
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2022, 05:31:50 pm »

There was at least 1 person in these forums that knew that when we got rid of him. As fans we spend entirely too much time focusing on the QB play and not nearly enough time on the rest of the team which includes both the defense and special teams. SB winning teams get contribution from all 3 phases of the game.

Yeah I’m sure. At the time I was ready to move on. He wouldn’t have had the success he had if he stayed, but that injury in 2016 stings. That was a decent team with some momentum until the injury and then reinjury.  Gase lost control and traded away all the playmakers but maybe we could have had something then.

This latest rebuild doesn’t seem to have worked. So here’s to another decade of mediocrity at best.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray