Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:07:47 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Hypothetical - would you rather...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hypothetical - would you rather...  (Read 383 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: January 07, 2024, 10:15:31 pm »

Win tonight and win the AFCE and lose next week at home to the Bills

or

Lose tonight and play the Chiefs next week at Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs with no guarantee of anything past that point.

I know it doesn't make sense, but I'd rather win tonight and lose next week to the Bills. I really would. At the beginning of the year, I didn't think Miami had a legitimate shot at winning the AFCE. I was hoping for a wild card and maybe a playoff win. Now that we are here, I want the AFCE real bad and I'd actually take a horribly disappointing 1st round loss to the Bills at home next week to get it. To me winning the AFCE would signal a changing of the guard in the AFCE and even a loss next week to the Bills wouldn't change that in my opinion. Lose tonight and back into the playoffs and even a win against the Chiefs would feel like a disappointment for the year to me. Now if we went on to win the Superbowl or something then I would of course change my mind, but in my Hypothetical, that's not part of it. All you know for sure is that you are going to beat KC, after that it's totally up for grabs.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 10:33:52 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 10:29:08 pm »

100 percent with you.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 11:08:26 pm »

Same old dolphins
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2024, 11:52:18 pm »

The only positive is Miami probably has a better chance of beating KC next week, than to play the Bills again next week.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2024, 11:55:35 pm »

The only positive is Miami probably has a better chance of beating KC next week, than to play the Bills again next week.
I kinda doubt it. If they couldn't beat Buffalo at home, I give them very little chance to beat KC in KC. This game should have been a slam dunk if the Dolphins were really as good as we thought they were and don't fall into the trap of blaming this on injuries, the offense hasn't looked right in weeks. Glimpses of earlier in the year here and there, but nothing close to the same. Not sure if that means other teams started to figure out what Miami was doing, the teams we faced were just better coached and adjusted to it or just that we weren't performing as well, but regardless the offense wasn't doing what it did earlier in the year to the same level it was eariler in the year. The defense got better, but the offense regressed. Don't see it being fixed before next week.

The positive is this year was a step forward. We had a shot at the AFCE right up till the last week. Maybe next year we take the next step and actually take the AFCE away from the Bills.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 12:02:46 am by Pappy13 » Logged

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2024, 12:06:14 am »

^^^ KC hasn't been playing great, while Buffalo has been on a hot streak, so that's why I think they have a better chance beating KC.  Also, playing a divisional team that you see at least twice a year is harder to beat because they have more experience playing against you.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2024, 12:27:21 am »

^^^ KC hasn't been playing great, while Buffalo has been on a hot streak, so that's why I think they have a better chance beating KC.  Also, playing a divisional team that you see at least twice a year is harder to beat because they have more experience playing against you.
Buffalo hasn't been playing that great. Don't confuse winning with playing well. They didn't play that well tonight. We should have beat them if we played well but we really didn't. I don't think we have a better chance of beating KC at KC unless we play a lot better. Don't really see that happening. We had our shot and we came up short.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 12:41:11 am by Pappy13 » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray