Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2026, 06:21:16 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Trump changes HOMES to SHAME
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Trump changes HOMES to SHAME  (Read 2076 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15220



« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2026, 03:04:23 pm »

If Trump came up with a cure for cancer, Spider and Hoodie would rant and rave on here that curing cancer is racist and they have the right to die from cancer.  

That is not true.  I have acknowledged the rare instances where I have approved of his actions.  There have been three:

1. He moved the US embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.  Congress approved of the move in 1995.  Clinton, Bush and Obama all promised to make the move and then didn't.  Trump did.  

2. While overall I thought his Covid response was severely lacking, I do admit "Warp speed" was more successful (faster) than I expected.  Unfortunately, his own supporters and then his second term appointees did much to undercut that success.

3.  The getting rid of the penny.  While I think it should have done legally (via legislative action) rather than an illegal executive order.  I do agree the penny should have been retired a long time ago.  The nickel too, it also cost more to produce than it is worth.  

If some action that he is responsible for leads to a cure of cancer I will gladly acknowledge and praise such actions.  That would require more than a cancer treatment being developed while he is president, but that something he did help lead to such a development.  In that he has cut funding to medical research and not increased it that is unlikely.  However, if he was to support having a "warp speed" like program directed to a cancer cure that was successful, I would praise him for it.    

Although if he was to increase the funding to skin cancer by reducing funding for prostate and breast cancer I would raise the allegation of racism.

Are you claiming that engaging in troll behavior by the president ought be considered similar to curing cancer?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2026, 05:30:20 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 31366

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2026, 09:56:42 pm »

If Trump came up with a cure for cancer, Spider and Hoodie would rant and rave on here that curing cancer is racist and they have the right to die from cancer.   

This wasn't funny when you used it before, but it's even less funny now since he's doing nothing additive.  He's just fighting wars he said he wouldn't, tariffing our goods so we pay more, and militarizing the streets to get rid of a valuable labor force and income stream, plus corruption that we're paying for.

This naming shit after me and inventing laws to build shit he's not supposed to is stupid and embarrassing, but the rest of that shit is costing us all tons of money.
Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 16740


Bay Area Niner-Hater


« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2026, 01:37:04 am »

If Trump came up with a cure for cancer, Spider and Hoodie would rant and rave on here that curing cancer is racist and they have the right to die from cancer.
No need for hypotheticals: one of the few good things Trump did in his first term was Operation Warp Speed, which played a big part in the rapid development of COVID vaccines.  This is, naturally, an outcome which Trump supporters largely despise, and Trump himself now disavows.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2026, 01:39:14 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15220



« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2026, 12:58:51 pm »

It gets even more ridiculous if you juxtapose the reaming of a lake, Gulf and mountain with the US's reason for being the sole no to promote maps which accurately reflects the size of land masses.
Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sibster
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 687


Email
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2026, 05:56:12 pm »

This wasn't funny when you used it before, but it's even less funny now since he's doing nothing additive. 

I don't recall using it before. 
Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15220



« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2026, 12:58:20 pm »

Now the nut job wants to rename a state.
Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 31366

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2026, 11:18:07 am »

I just want to be governed by serious people who actually want the best for us, hire experts in the fields that they're overseeing, and actually believe in what they're saying.  It's such a low bar.
Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 8774



« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2026, 11:42:17 am »

I just want to be governed by serious people who actually want the best for us, hire experts in the fields that they're overseeing, and actually believe in what they're saying.  It's such a low bar.
Another way of saying one that doesn't think he/she alone has the answer to every problem but rather is willing to listen to experts in the field and makes sound decisions based on those discussions. Part of that is putting people into positions that they rightfully deserve because of their expertise, not because they are willing to go along with anything the President says. These things aren't party related, I expect this of the President regardless if he is a democrat or a republican. I pretty much feel like every President prior to Trump upheld these beliefs.
Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 31366

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2026, 12:19:45 pm »

I hate to "both sides do it" because I know that's true, but I think it diminishes the scale of the problem.  Historically, there are some examples of this, but the modern political movement is something on a scale of Turkey...an authoritarian slide and scapegoating.

We need to be honest about what the problems are and come in good-faith to solve them.  And then politics should be about honest disagreements and compromises about how to solve those problems.

But we're in a place where we're blaming measles outbreaks on immigrants....just bullshit that everyone knows isn't true.  It's hard to navigate politically through the actual debate about what's appropriate when you can't even agree on the facts on the ground.
Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray


Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines