Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:15:49 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  JT: Miami is “where I want to be.”
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: JT: Miami is “where I want to be.”  (Read 2318 times)
DolFan619
« on: March 16, 2008, 03:18:10 am »

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/miamidolphins/entries/2008/03/15/jt_miami_is_where_i_want_to_be.html

JT: Miami is “where I want to be."

By Edgar Thompson | Saturday, March 15, 2008, 06:35 PM

Jason Taylor doesn’t sound too happy about what’s been said about him recently.

The rumors he wants out of Miami. The questions about his commitment to the Dolphins because of his participation in “Dancing With the Stars.”

During an interview earlier today on Sirius NFL Radio, Taylor joked that he isn’t headed to Broadway or out to pasture.

Bill Parcells said those are about Taylor’s only options if he decides not to play in Miami.

But Taylor, who has played his entire 11-year career in South Florida, said the choice of where he plays next season - and beyond - is the Dolphins’, not his.

Here’s everything Taylor had to say to hosts Vic Carucci and Dan Leberfeld:

Carucci: “Where do things stand with you and the Dolphins and what does the future look like in your eyes?”

Taylor: “You know, it must’ve been a slow couple of weeks, three weeks, because for some reason people started talking about trade rumors and all this crap about me not wanting to be in Miami.

“Look, I’m under contract with the Dolphins. That’s where I want to be. It’s where I am and I’m not retiring. You go dance for a few weeks, everyone thinks you’re going to leave and go to Broadway and start dancing. It’s unbelievable.

“I’ve not talked to [Bill] Parcells at all or the GM (Jeff Ireland) over there. I have talked to Coach Sparano. Matter of fact, I’m going to call him here when I get done with you guys and just check in a little bit. I guess that baseball hasn’t started yet and the NBA season must not be providing much entertainment ‘cause people are just making stuff up.
”

Leberfeld: “Jason Cole is a guy that covered the Dolphins for a long time. You know him pretty well. It was his story that we’re talking about from Yahoo! Sports.

“He said three Dolphins sources told him that you and the Dolphins have agreed to part ways, perhaps via a trade in the future. What are your thoughts on Jason’s story in particular? You probably know him pretty well through the years.”

Taylor: “Yeah, I know Jason and for whatever reason he decided to write the story but there’s been no agreement. Is it possible that something happens in the future? Sure. They can decide to do whatever they want. They’re in charge.

“But I don’t know where Jason gets this crap and the thing that, nothing drives me nuts more than someone that will be a source but not put their name on it. If you’re brave enough to talk then put your friggin’ name on it and be a man.”

Carucci: “How do you sort of look at your career right now, going forward? Miami, let’s face it, there is a lot to rebuild on a team that struggled so much and I know that tore you up last year.

“You don’t look at your career as having probably 10 more years [to win a Super Bowl], maybe not even five more years. You want to get this ring somewhere. Is there any way, in your mind, that you could ever see that happening for you?”

Taylor: “Well, you always remain optimistic that it can work out. Yeah, we have work to do in Miami and a lot of things to get taken care of and pieces to add. Tony Sparano and the guys are working hard at that. You never give up. In no way, because I’m doing a TV show in the off-season, have I lost commitment to football.

“I actually just sit around and laugh when I read the stuff or hear the stuff that people say. Trust me, there are a lot worse things you could be doing in the off-season than working out six or eight hours a day and doing a TV show that is a family-oriented show. It’s ridiculous the things people say.”

Leberfeld: “What about your agreement with Bill Parcells or Coach Sparano - because Parcells has always been a stickler for guys attending the off-season workout program - what kind of arrangement do you have with the Dolphins vis-Ã -vis their off-season workout program?”

Taylor: “There is no arrangement. I’m doing the show and I’m in it to win it. Just like everything I do I try to give it 110% and commit myself to it. So they understand that.

“You know, I’m not the only guy that won’t be at every off-season workout session in the NFL. People act like I’m stepping outside the mold and starting a new NFL league or something. I mean, this is not anything different than happens every year.

“(Giants DE) Michael Strahan didn’t go to off-season workouts last year. There are a lot of guys around the league that don’t. I’ve been in the league 11 years, going on 12 and I know what my body needs and I know how to prepare.”

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray