Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:28:41 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  The New York Jets..........
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: The New York Jets..........  (Read 3733 times)
Defense54
Uber Member

« on: March 18, 2008, 12:15:54 pm »

God I hate this team. I grew up in the Metro NYC area so I have a special hatred for the Team. The only thing that kept me sane last season was that they were almost equally as bad.

They are apparently Loading up: http://www.comcast.net/sports/articles/general/2008/03/17/SPORTS-NFL-JETS-FRANKS-DC/

Do the Dolphins beat them next season? Or do we drop 0-2 again?  I just can't take another game at Dolphin stadium with the Jets fans winning again.........

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 03:01:21 pm »

I quite like what I'm seeing from the Jets. They look like they're going all in on a win-now strategy. That's good for us, because:

1) We suck now, so it doesn't make any difference.
2) The Jets still aren't going to be good enough to make it to the conference title game, even if they get lucky and back into the playoffs.
3) By the time we get good, the Jets will be paying the price for their win-now mentality.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 03:12:32 pm »

I quite like what I'm seeing from the Jets. They look like they're going all in on a win-now strategy. That's good for us, because:

1) We suck now, so it doesn't make any difference.
2) The Jets still aren't going to be good enough to make it to the conference title game, even if they get lucky and back into the playoffs.
3) By the time we get good, the Jets will be paying the price for their win-now mentality.

I couldn't have said it better.  They're gonna contend with the Pats for a couple years, then end up in salary cap hell.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 03:39:05 pm »

Good points above. So your thinking we are in for another losing year or 2 to them but its a price gladly paid for a future Championship run?

bsfins
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 03:56:49 pm »

To add to what FYO is saying...I think the Jets will "bounce" they might make 9-7 or 10 -6 this year...just enough to save Mangenious' job this year but will fall right back to a top ten draft after the 2009 season....

I can't figure out why they Blew their wad on Faneca to go between Ferguson,and Mangold...If they would have gone after Hadnot,or Smiley..they are closer to Ferguson,and Mangolds age,and would have been formidable for years...Then bring in D.Woody for right tackle....Why not just buy a roll of duct tape...it would have been cheaper,and might have lasted longer than this O-line....

I think the Bills scare me more than the Jets....They seem to have lot of up and coming 20 something guy's that could be descent for many years....imo...
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 07:10:45 pm »

I couldn't have said it better.  They're gonna contend with the Pats for a couple years, then end up in salary cap hell.

OHH PLEASE!!!........You dont think the jets front office had a plan before going on this spending spree. They will never be in salary cap hell, because the cap continues to increase each year and they're maybe an uncapped year in the near future. Look at how the redskins have been spending over the years and they've haven't had to make major roster cuts. The jets will continue to pound you and you better hope Darren Mcfadden dosen't fall to them.

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 08:09:18 pm »

OHH PLEASE!!!........You dont think the jets front office had a plan before going on this spending spree. They will never be in salary cap hell, because the cap continues to increase each year and they're maybe an uncapped year in the near future. Look at how the redskins have been spending over the years and they've haven't had to make major roster cuts. The jets will continue to pound you and you better hope Darren Mcfadden dosen't fall to them.

Give me a break.  The Jets have been known for making shitty decisions regarding player personnel.  The one year they made some good decisions was with Parcells in the front office. 

Typical uneducated Gaytors fan.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 08:58:30 pm »

OHH PLEASE!!!........You dont think the jets front office had a plan before going on this spending spree.

Sure I do. I think they decided to exploit a historically weak AFC East and make a run at the playoffs for a couple of years, which would also just happen to save their jobs.

Look, salary cap hell is a lot of things. No, I don't necessarily think the Jets will collapse completely. I do think they'll fall into the 5-7 win range, though. The problem is, they've spent a buttload of cash and that's going to leave them in crunch in a few years - with quite a few positions of great need: Quarterback (not much of a Clemens believer), running back (Jones is getting old and I don't think Washington is going to be that good), wide receiver (Cotchery could use a #2) and cornerback (someone needs to play opposite Revis - and do note that the Jets were average against the pass, but among the worst against passes to #1 receivers).

That's a lot of need to fill through the draft.

As for an uncapped year... yeah, not gonna happen, IMHO. You just don't mess with the goose that lays the golden eggs. Players are getting a shitload of money and the (massively increased) salary floor makes sure no one gets stiffed. Will there be bitching and moaning? Yes. Will they reach a deal before the new CBA expires? Yes... even if it requires extending it for a bit.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 05:40:59 am »

Funny thing alot of the Older Dolphin Fans hate the Jets while many of the younger ones hate either Buffalo or New England.  I grew up in the 80's era when  the Jills were hated as much as Miami fans Hate the Patriots now.  I still hold a great hatred when Miami  plays Buffalo.

Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 09:52:08 am »

I still hold a great hatred when Miami  plays Buffalo.

I was feeling a little lonely. Great to have ya in the club, man!  Grin
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 11:48:49 am »

As for an uncapped year... yeah, not gonna happen, IMHO. You just don't mess with the goose that lays the golden eggs. Players are getting a shitload of money and the (massively increased) salary floor makes sure no one gets stiffed. Will there be bitching and moaning? Yes. Will they reach a deal before the new CBA expires? Yes... even if it requires extending it for a bit.

If there ever is an uncapped year, the teams that made it to the conference championships are heavily restricted in terms of free agency.  They will not be able to sign a free agent unless they lose one, and then they can only give him up to the amount of money the player they lost is getting from his new team.
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 03:49:37 pm »

Give me a break.  The Jets have been known for making shitty decisions regarding player personnel.  The one year they made some good decisions was with Parcells in the front office. 

Typical uneducated Gaytors fan.

Ohh yeah i guess Leon Washington, Brad Smith, Kerry rhodes, Jerico Cocthery, Ferguson, and Mangold have been total bust right. Please refresh my memory on the great personnel decisions the dolphins have made over the last 6 seasons. Remember the jets are only 2 years removed from the playoffs. They own your asses and with the upgrades they've made and the upcoming draft they will continue to own you. Nothing would make me happier than wacthing Mcfadden carve up your defense for the next decade.

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 06:46:13 pm »

Nothing would make me happier than wacthing Mcfadden carve up your defense for the next decade.

Poor you.  Maybe if you tried a dating site instead of this one you may find something else to give you fulfillment in life...
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 10:15:03 pm »

Ohh yeah i guess Leon Washington, Brad Smith, Kerry rhodes, Jerico Cocthery, Ferguson, and Mangold have been total bust right. Please refresh my memory on the great personnel decisions the dolphins have made over the last 6 seasons. Remember the jets are only 2 years removed from the playoffs. They own your asses and with the upgrades they've made and the upcoming draft they will continue to own you. Nothing would make me happier than wacthing Mcfadden carve up your defense for the next decade.

The Jets finished 4-12 last season . They pick #6 overall . The Dolphins were only a few plays and a few injuries from doing the same. So going back 6 seasons applies to BOTH teams .  At least the Jets actually had a decent Quarterback for a while(Pennington) before he became limp wristed. Whats their excuse for sucking like a crack whore with the Navy in town? Its still a very even slate and I'd like to think we have the Parcells factor in our Favor........... Evil

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 02:56:39 pm »

The Jets are the most useless franchise in the NFL.  I can't believe you guys wasted a thread on them.

The team has what less than 10 playoff wins and less than 5 divisional titles since winning Superbowl 3.

The Dolphins have been a trainwreck in recent years, but we've done better than that since our last Superbowl victory.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray