Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:38:37 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Colt
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Colt  (Read 17121 times)
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 01:39:56 pm »

He was a scholarship athlete so he should have been receiving the NCAA approved athletic training table meals. No salad and water except for an appetizer if you ask me.
Who knows? Maybe he liked being lean in College. But one thing is for sure  , his biggest knock since entering the NFL ring has been his size. His goal since has been to gain weight and he's done it. All I'm saying is that its possible with a change of diet and training habits to do legally and healthy. 

run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 02:08:19 pm »

When someone teaches you how to carbo load its very possible. Good chance in college he was on a very limited budget and spent many days just eating salads and water.
My experience is that, as a player on scholarship even if he lived off campus he still had the option of having meals with the team at the training table/dining hall.

Under the guidance of a trainer on a college weight training program he could have (should have?) put on a lot of weight while at Hawaii.

A high school friend of mine went to college as a 6'8" 220 lb bean pole.  He grew to a 300 lb offensive tackle in his first year or two.  He ended up getting drafted by the Bears.

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 04:26:18 pm »

My experience is that, as a player on scholarship even if he lived off campus he still had the option of having meals with the team at the training table/dining hall.

Under the guidance of a trainer on a college weight training program he could have (should have?) put on a lot of weight while at Hawaii.

A high school friend of mine went to college as a 6'8" 220 lb bean pole.  He grew to a 300 lb offensive tackle in his first year or two.  He ended up getting drafted by the Bears.

Who knows for sure? Colt did damn well at his light wieght of 185. Maybe they didn't want him to bulk up. Now that his sights are set on the NFL he could be looking at things differently. I sure don't have a clue. All I am saying is that weight gain is no reason to not like Colt. Mark this Thread..............that Kid will thrive if put into the right offense and given a few weapons.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 08:30:04 pm »

No way he is going to chance taking anything illegal in this day and age of Steroid policing right before the NFL draft.

Plenty of banned substances cannot be tested for, including hGH (human Growth Hormone).
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 09:57:46 pm »

Mark this Thread..............that Kid will thrive if put into the right offense and given a few weapons.
I see Colt as another Jason Gesser.  Did nothing in college but put up Ws and big stats - didn't even get a sniff from the NFL. 

Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2008, 12:24:49 am »

Plenty of banned substances cannot be tested for, including hGH (human Growth Hormone).

Who cares about testing? The scouts KNOW who is on the juice and who is not. He would be a fool to mess around now.

Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2008, 12:25:49 am »

I see Colt as another Jason Gesser.  Did nothing in college but put up Ws and big stats - didn't even get a sniff from the NFL. 

Nope.......this kid is too smart. First Team that gives him half a chance is gonna be happy with the returns.

Dolarltexas

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2008, 01:31:24 am »

I can't help but notice that nobody is mentioning this guy's serious character issues.  He was kicked off the University of Colorado football team (no small accomplishment all by itself) after he trespassed into a coed's room, exposed himself, allegedly fondled her and refused to leave.  His defense was basically that he was drunk. 

I wouldn't want this creep near my nieces, and I certainly don't want him on my team.  I keep thinking of Lawrence Phillips and Cecil Collins when I hear Colt Brennan.   Why do we need repeat those disasters?

Here is a link for more information on this event for any doubters:

http://www.gazette.com/sports/brennan_33477___article.html/barnett_didn.html
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 03:31:39 pm »

The last two posts seem somewhat contradictory....

Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2008, 05:36:20 pm »

I can't help but notice that nobody is mentioning this guy's serious character issues.  He was kicked off the University of Colorado football team (no small accomplishment all by itself) after he trespassed into a coed's room, exposed himself, allegedly fondled her and refused to leave.  His defense was basically that he was drunk. 

I wouldn't want this creep near my nieces, and I certainly don't want him on my team.  I keep thinking of Lawrence Phillips and Cecil Collins when I hear Colt Brennan.   Why do we need repeat those disasters?

Here is a link for more information on this event for any doubters:

http://www.gazette.com/sports/brennan_33477___article.html/barnett_didn.html

He is NOT in the same class as those two losers. Not even close. I'm not going to make light of what happened, but its no where in the same realm of what those 2 AHoles did.

StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2008, 05:59:59 pm »

Let's take a tally here:  Votes for Colt Brennen: 1  Against : everyone else

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2008, 06:29:39 pm »

He supposedly put on all this muscle/weight while nursing a hip injruy that requires surgery.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2008, 08:38:20 pm »

Let's take a tally here:  Votes for Colt Brennen: 1  Against : everyone else

I'm cool with that. Just Mark this thread so I can tell you I told you so...........

StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2008, 03:14:53 pm »

Oh we will, so we can tell you we told you so when he busts.  Grin

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2008, 12:03:33 am »

Oh we will, so we can tell you we told you so when he busts.  Grin

I'd make you a bet , but no one keeps them around here............... Roll Eyes Kiss

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray