Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:12:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Mortenson's reporting Kiffin Fired
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Where will Lane Kiffin coach next?
As a HC at the NFL level
As a HC at the NCAA level
As an assistant at the NFL level

Author Topic: Mortenson's reporting Kiffin Fired  (Read 4395 times)
bsfins
« on: September 30, 2008, 01:23:29 pm »

Chris Mortenson's reporting the Raiders have fired Lane kiffen Officially....
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3617977
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 01:26:31 pm »

Is Kiffin that bad of a coach, or is this just yet another result of Al Davis's inability to put together a cohesive coaching staff?

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
bsfins
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 01:27:53 pm »

Personally,I don't think Kiffin is that "Bad" of a coach..but with Al Davis as the owner...it's hard to truely answer IMO...
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 01:58:49 pm »

I think Kiffin is a very smart young coach...one who probably should have been given another 3-4 years at the coordinator/assistant HC level before being popped into the HC position. Youth aside, I think Kiffin would have enjoyed much more success than he has to this point if Al Davis wasn't trying to submarine him into quitting.

Personally, I think he should have stayed in college. He was one of the great recruiters in recent college football memory during his last 3 years at USC, and he could have easily parlayed that into a top college HC position.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 02:10:06 pm »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3617977

Also here:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2008/09/its-gonna-happen.html
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 02:14:29 pm »

And they didn't immediately name an interim??  Man, Al Davis needs to check his ass into a nursing home. 
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 02:29:12 pm »

This one caught me off guard as much as Clay Atkins coming out did.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 02:30:46 pm »

this is stupid, the guy had exactly 20 games of taking over the league's doormat.  And just when they are starting to come around they walk his ass out.  Terrible decision, way to get your whole team to turn against you, Davis.

I think its pretty obvious that the real problem lies with ownership.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 03:14:45 pm »

I added a poll on what type of coaching job Lane Kiffin will have next...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
ethurst2
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 05:22:18 pm »

I watched the Oakland-San Diego game so I could get a feel for what the Chargers were going to do in facing Miami this week.

Oakland could have won that game but young teams struggle with two things. Getting a lead and playing not to lose. Oakland was up 15-0 and caught a bad case of stage fright at the wrong time.

For a while, I thought that we were looking at an upset. That game was closer than what the score indicated. I did not see any players quitting on Lane Kiffin. It's my belief that he'll be back as an NFL coach.

So what sucker er... coach is Al Davis going to try to swindle into coming to Oakland? Davis has lost his mind. I wouldn't want to coach for him. John Madden was the only smart coach to win his Super Bowl and get the hell out of Oakland.

Kiffin never had a chance to build anything.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 06:15:43 pm »

Today on PTI they were discussing how Kiffin was kept out of the defensive meetings and was only allowed to deal with the offense. The Raiders offense is averaging over 9 points more this season. If anyone should hav been fired it is the defensive side of the house.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 06:19:18 pm »

I like the happy horseshit that Al Davis was laying out there about the letter he'd given to Kiffin. In the span of ten seconds, he said he sent it to him, then corrected it to say he handed it to him, and then 2 seconds later said he Fedex'ed it to him.

When you're that old, I guess it's tough to remember the story you've made up...

~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 01:04:34 am »

Cable the OL coach is the new interm coach...I've been watching NFL live and Al Davis is an ass....he tries to get Kiffin to quit....then at his press conference he calls him a liar and says he has "cause" to fire Kiffin so now he doesn't have to pay him...he is such a crazy old fart...I hate to see Lane go out like that...I hate the Raiders but always liked him.
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 01:24:23 am »

I used to hate the Raiders but now it's just pity.  As tough as their fan base is it's surprising that Al Davis isn't dead.  Maybe he's undead?

One Seattle radio personality is already calling for Kiffin to replace Tyrone Willingham at the University of Washington.

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 03:10:46 am »

I like the happy horseshit that Al Davis was laying out there about the letter he'd given to Kiffin. In the span of ten seconds, he said he sent it to him, then corrected it to say he handed it to him, and then 2 seconds later said he Fedex'ed it to him.

When you're that old, I guess it's tough to remember the story you've made up...

The stuff about the letter is about 4:30 in.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b43727
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray