Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:15:04 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  1-15 vs 0-16
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 1-15 vs 0-16  (Read 11874 times)
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« on: December 16, 2008, 04:29:45 pm »

There is a poll on Page 2 of espn.com and it is nearly 50-50!  Shocked  IMO, 1-15 will be forgotten but 0-16 is forever.  What do you guys think of this?

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Tepop84
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 04:30:55 pm »

Is 1-15 really forgotten?
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 04:35:21 pm »

Forgotten? I don't know. I'm sure the Patriots, Jets, and Panthers fans have forgotten theirs. Ours will go away soon enough

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 04:51:19 pm »

you forgot the Cowboys.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 05:02:33 pm »

^^^

Yeah, them too.  Grin

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 09:57:19 pm »

The pain of last year is gone with this year's results.  0-16.... let's see what the Lions do. 
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 02:03:52 am »

To be the only team in history to go winless in a 16 game schedule, oh yeah, forever.
NADS
Uber Member

27 years of heartache.

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 03:36:07 am »

Forever ever.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 02:01:20 am »

1-15 will get you some bad jokes from sportscasters and maybe late night tv.  0-16 is not only history, but just imagine all the times they're going to show up on NFL films.  They'll have to do a show on NFL network who was worse 76 Bucs or 08 Lions.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 08:11:57 am »

1-15 will get you some bad jokes from sportscasters and maybe late night tv.  0-16 is not only history, but just imagine all the times they're going to show up on NFL films.  They'll have to do a show on NFL network who was worse 76 Bucs or 08 Lions.

Don't count the Lions in just yet.  They've got New Orleans this week, who is eliminated from the playoffs, without Reggie Bush, and may very well coast the rest of the season.  Next week they have Green Bay, who has been a major dissapointment.

In the immortal words of Yogi Berra.... "It aint over till it's over"
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 11:51:49 am »

Don't count the Lions in just yet.  They've got New Orleans this week, who is eliminated from the playoffs, without Reggie Bush, and may very well coast the rest of the season.  Next week they have Green Bay, who has been a major dissapointment.

In the immortal words of Yogi Berra.... "It aint over till it's over"

They do have New Orleans w/o Bush, but Pierre Thomas (8 TDs in only 4 starts...4.7 ypc) has really stepped it up and is more of a factor to that team than Reggie was, plus a dangerous QB and WR...Detroit has....Calvin Johnson and Kevin Smith (who has surprised me this year...he may be their franchise RB of the future...at least something for them to build on)...I don't see the Lions winning this game though.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 12:26:54 pm »

They do have New Orleans w/o Bush, but Pierre Thomas (8 TDs in only 4 starts...4.7 ypc) has really stepped it up and is more of a factor to that team than Reggie was, plus a dangerous QB and WR...Detroit has....Calvin Johnson and Kevin Smith (who has surprised me this year...he may be their franchise RB of the future...at least something for them to build on)...I don't see the Lions winning this game though.

I didn't think the Dolphins would beat the Ravens.  The team that up to that point in the season had given the Patriots their toughest competition.  Ya never know what could happen. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 12:55:08 pm »

I didn't think the Dolphins would beat the Ravens.  The team that up to that point in the season had given the Patriots their toughest competition.  Ya never know what could happen. 

Yeah your right...like I said, Kevin Smith has been pretty solid for them all year, and if he has a big game, watch for Johnson to have a big game too...the Saints do have a pretty weak defense so ya anything could happen...I just don't think it's likely.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 01:19:35 pm »

Yeah your right...like I said, Kevin Smith has been pretty solid for them all year, and if he has a big game, watch for Johnson to have a big game too...the Saints do have a pretty weak defense so ya anything could happen...I just don't think it's likely.

Quality Detroit Lions smack... I drafted Calvin and Kevin in a lot of drafts this year...Calvin in the 4th-5th round range and Kevin Smith a good bit later. During one draft, after selecting both of them, one of my friends said "According to fantasy law, any FFL squad with two Detroit Lions on its roster can finish no higher than 6th place." I loved that...

Side note: My Redzone Freakfest squad that is two wins away from back to back TDMMC titles starts both Calvin and Kevin every week.

My opinion on Calvin has been pretty open on these boards...I think he is an elite WR and, talent-wise, arguably the best WR to enter the NFL since Randy Moss in '98.

Kevin Smith, while not the most physically talented RB in the game, has enough talent, and displayed enough "I can run against anyone" cajones during his monster senior season at Central Florida that I thought he could have some success at the NFL level as well.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 10:04:19 pm »

To be the only team in history to go winless in a 16 game schedule, oh yeah, forever.

If 17-0 can live on forever, then certainly 0-16 will, too.  You can recover from it, of course.  The Lions will someday be an elite team again.  But it will always be remembered, and 40 years from now, whenever a team starts 0-6 or 0-7, the footage will come up talking about the 2008 Lions.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray