Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:33:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Bye Bye Mangina...........
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bye Bye Mangina...........  (Read 4011 times)
Defense54
Uber Member

« on: December 29, 2008, 02:52:28 pm »

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9000824/Jets-fire-Mangini-after-late-slide-to-miss-playoffs?MSNHPHMA

NA NA NA NA

NA NA NA NA

Say Good bye..........................

season couldn't have ended better IMO. Thank you O gods of Football...........THANK YOU!   Cheesy Grin

(edited by Sunstroke for typo in subject line)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 03:08:29 pm by Sunstroke » Logged

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 07:24:11 am »

Here's an interesting article as to why ManGINA was let go

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2008/12/29/2008-12-29_eric_manginis_end_with_the_jets_began_wi.html
BingeBag
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 11:19:22 am »

I honestly didn't feel Mangini was a terrible coach, per say. His team had a rough go the last 5 games, it happens to everyone.
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 11:43:22 am »

I think it has a big chance to backfire on the organization.  I generally can't stand the Jets, but Mangini wasn't a bad coach.  I also like Edwards when he was coach. 

Their problem was getting everyone playing as a unit and some lack of speed at WR.  I would have given him another year and tried to get Farve to agree to one more season with a replacement in training.  I really think another year of developing continuity would have gone a long way in showing some consistantly good play.

Do I feel bad for Mangini?  It is tuff to feel bad for a Jet, but since he isn't a Jet anymore I guess I do.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 01:31:12 pm »

ESPN is reporting the Jets have begun talks with Bill Cowher.  Additionally, GM Mike Tannenbaum has said he would be willing to share personnel decisions with an experienced coach like Cowher. 

I don't like the looks of this.  Cowher is going to want complete control..... and Woody Johnson just may give it to him.
Orlando Rays

You can call me your fool...

orlandorays@live.com orlandorays@bellsouth.net A+Dog+of+Florida
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 03:02:48 pm »

Cowher said he wasn't interested without complete control.  The Jets have said they'll do "anything" to get him.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 03:04:40 pm »

Cowher said he wasn't interested without complete control.  The Jets have said they'll do "anything" to get him.

Again, I don't like the looks of this.  The Jets have some serious talent on that offense.  With Cowher in there to lick them into shape, they could be a force to be reckoned with next year.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray