Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:52:04 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  You're the GM- New York Jets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: You're the GM- New York Jets  (Read 3326 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« on: January 12, 2009, 01:34:46 pm »

Your team has suffered through some collapses at the end of the season before, but this one really pissed off a lot of fans.  You were sitting at 8-3, had just knocked off the last unbeaten team in the NFL, and every sports writer around the country had you pegged to go deep in the playoffs.  You then proceed to lose four of your last five games and miss the playoffs entirely.  The end result was your coach got the ax. 

Now what??  You've got a talented team that clearly underachieved.  You're stuck with an aging, over-the-hill QB whose best days are clearly behind him.  Adding insult to injury, the QB you dumped to get this guy came back on the last week of the season and knocked your team out of the playoffs.   Your team is built to run the ball, but he wants to throw, and play high risk football.  Your receivers and running backs hate him, and your offensive line is not built to protect him.  Your defense is halfway decent but needs work. 

What are you going to do to get Gang Green back on top?  Obviously it can't be done in a New York Minute.
NADS
Uber Member

27 years of heartache.

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 02:06:33 pm »

Run the damn ball.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 02:18:59 pm »

If I were the GM of any team, I'd send Tommy a private message that said "please try to avoid running these 'You're the GM' threads into the ground when we're only two weeks into the playoffs."

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 03:25:17 pm »

I would get rid of Brett Favre and chalk that up as a big mistake by previous management.  See if anyone out there would be willing to part with a 3rd or 4th rounder for him to recoup some of my losses.   I would then sign a veteran free agent QB, and also draft a QB as high as I possibly can.  My other draft picks would then be used to shore up the defense and plug a couple holes on the O-Line. 

If I were the GM of any team, I'd send Tommy a private message that said "please try to avoid running these 'You're the GM' threads into the ground when we're only two weeks into the playoffs."

Two threads, and I'm "running them into the ground".  SHEESH!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 03:30:02 pm by Tommy » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 04:29:36 pm »

I think that you have to keep Favre for another season, if he's willing to stay.  He was a mistake, I agree, but the media backlash would be too great to can him after just 1 year.

Plus, you don't have a better QB option available right now.

Then, I guess you start drafting the basics -- O-Line, Defense Line, Secondary

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 04:33:58 pm »

Keep Favre...draft his replacement...they already have a pretty good OL, but draft Faneca's replacement...draft secondary help...I agree that they need to run the ball more...Thomas was a beast this past year...pick up a WR in free agency or the draft.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 05:15:29 pm »

See if anyone out there would be willing to part with a 3rd or 4th rounder for him [Favre] to recoup some of my losses.

A 3rd rounder would recoup ALL of the Jets' non-salary losses.

The deal was a 4th rounder if Favre played < 50%. A 3rd rounder if he played > 50%. A 2nd rounder if he played > 70% AND made the playoffs. A 1st rounder if he played > 80% AND the Jets made it to the Super Bowl.

No playoffs = 3rd round pick.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 02:30:21 pm »

Pull da plug on the Brett Farve. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray