Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:37:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  You're the GM- Tampa Bay Bucs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: You're the GM- Tampa Bay Bucs  (Read 1764 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« on: January 17, 2009, 10:38:38 pm »

Your team just completed an epic collapse.  Sititng at 9-3 and challenging for the divisional title, they proceeded to lose their last four and miss the playoffs.  Your coach has had just two winning seasons in the six years since he won a Super Bowl.  As a result, you canned him and immediately promoted your defensive coordinator to head coach without searching for candidates who are possibly more qualified. 

This offense is in shambles.  You've got some talented running backs who can't seem to stay healthy, only one sure handed wide receiver, a vetran QB who tends to clash with coaches, and an offensive line that has declined in blocking. 

As for the defense, it has always been the cornerstone of your team, but now nearly everyone is getting up there in age and this unit is clearly breaking down. 

What are you going to do to keep from wilting in the Florida heat and get this team back to being consistent winners?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 12:12:50 pm »

Draft or pick up in free agency a big stud DT for the defense (maybe get your hands on Haynesworth)

Get a WR, RB and OL...Penn is good at LT, but they need someone whose explosive...They have Bryant (who they really need to resign) but that's it...Galloway is getting too old, and the others are servicable at best...if they don't have Bryant this year, then their really screwed at the WR position...Grahm will be back as starting RB....does Dunn have enough in the tank for another season?  Will Carnel Williams even be back next year?  To many questions, so drafting another RB is a need...I saw a mock where the Bucs took Knowshaun Mareno.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 07:09:40 am »

It's time to tear down the defense and rebuild.  Start at the line.  Like Tenshot said, draft a big DT stud, and build from there.  A top notch defensive back is always a good thing to have as well. 

As for the offense, find a QB that can heave the ball down the field.  Jeff Garcia aint that QB.  I'd cut him loose, sign a veteran gunslinger, and draft a young QB to develop.  Additionally, Warrick Dunn is on his last legs, and Cadillac Williams can't stay healthy, so if Earnest Graham goes down, what do you do?  I'd sign a proven free agent RB this offseason.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray