Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:35:16 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game- Panthers (Preseason)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game- Panthers (Preseason)  (Read 7153 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« on: August 23, 2009, 08:57:01 am »

I'm giving my Shame of the Game to Chris Williams.  You can't make it in this league on raw speed alone.  You gotta learn how to catch punts.  For the second week in a row, he fumbles a punt because he didn't read it correctly, and as a result, got benched in the second half.  He might not get another chance. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 02:00:32 am by Tommy » Logged
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 12:20:10 pm »

C williams, WOW 2 weeks in a row.  The Bills can use him .

Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 02:24:21 pm »

The whole Fucking special Teams was special in a bad way last night.  That Punt return was sickening.  I do not see much improvement at all on special Teams from last year. If we do not improve in that area from last year it will make or Break us.  Lips Sealed

SPECIAL TEAMS  /  Grade -F 

That Said Chris Williams is a Kid with some special Physical skills. He deserves the same learning curve as Ginn got. He didn't co$t us a First round pick and Money so give him a break and let them work with him a bit.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 03:04:16 pm »

The Coaches for using the wildcat during the preseason. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 06:06:30 pm »

I think that Chris Williams made a key mistake that resulted in points.  You can't be turning the ball over like that.  However, he looks so good once he gets started, I think he's worth working with to try and get the kinks out.

I drink your milkshake!
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 06:18:49 pm »

I think that Chris Williams made a key mistake that resulted in points.  You can't be turning the ball over like that.  However, he looks so good once he gets started, I think he's worth working with to try and get the kinks out.

I think he is worth working with too.... but seeing as he was benched in the second half, Coach Sparano may be thinking otherwise.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 06:24:20 pm »

I think he is worth working with too.... but seeing as he was benched in the second half, Coach Sparano may be thinking otherwise.

He's probably going to get caught in a numbers game anyway. Ginn, Bess, and Camarillo are locks to make the team. You have to figure Turner probably is as well based on his draft status, and most likely Hartline fits this bill too. Thats 5 WR's right there. London and Armstrong were decent last year, and I'd have to guess one of them has an upper edge over Williams.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 08:17:22 pm »

The Coaches for using the wildcat during the preseason. 

How else are you  supposed to practice it?  Huh  Its no secret by now and using it makes teams dedicate time to defend against it.

Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 08:29:22 pm »

How else are you  supposed to practice it?  Huh  Its no secret by now and using it makes teams dedicate time to defend against it.

I agree. Plus, the commentators even said, they were only using Wildcat formations they've run before, so its not like they showed anything new to opposing defensive coordinators.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 08:32:12 pm »

He's probably going to get caught in a numbers game anyway. Ginn, Bess, and Camarillo are locks to make the team. You have to figure Turner probably is as well based on his draft status, and most likely Hartline fits this bill too. Thats 5 WR's right there. London and Armstrong were decent last year, and I'd have to guess one of them has an upper edge over Williams.

You bring up a good point there Philly.  The question is, what do you do with him?  Do you cut him only to stash him on your practice squad and risk someone picking him up?  Or do you   keep 6 WR's or 4 RB's so you can keep him around?
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 08:34:11 pm »

Were the entire special teams that bad? Except for that huge return by Captain Munnerlyn (a SCar product, by the by) I thought we weren't all that bad.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 09:25:39 pm »

Were the entire special teams that bad? Except for that huge return by Captain Munnerlyn (a SCar product, by the by) I thought we weren't all that bad.

We allowed a big run-back that resulted in a TD and also fumbled a kickoff that resulted in a TD.

That pretty much a 14 point swing attributed to our special teams.  I'd say that's pretty bad.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 09:50:01 am »

Chris Williams' only hope of making the team was as a returner.  He was on the bubble as it is, there's too much talent at WR.  He can run, but that's a product of good blocking as well.  If you can't catch, you're as good as gone.

Anyone remember a guy named Lamont Brightful?
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 10:03:13 am »

Chris Williams.  Chrissy Poo.  Little Chrissy Fumble Face.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 10:39:42 am »

Chris Williams' only hope of making the team was as a returner.  He was on the bubble as it is, there's too much talent at WR.  He can run, but that's a product of good blocking as well.  If you can't catch, you're as good as gone.

Anyone remember a guy named Lamont Brightful?

Didn't he fumble like 3 punts against the Bungles back in 2004...... contributing to our first loss against them since 1979?  Of course, having no rushing first downs for the first time since 1967 also helped there.

UPDATE:  Turns out he was injured on his last return of the first half which is why he didn't play the second half.  The team cut him today along with Earnest Wilford and several other fringe players. 

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-miami-dolphins-ernest-wilford-82409,0,1050021.story
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 10:50:02 am by Tommy » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray