Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:46:26 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Ted Ginn worse player ever
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Ted Ginn worse player ever  (Read 11864 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 12:12:25 am »

Ted Ginn is fine.  No one makes every catch. The problem with our offense is its magnified because they are few and far between. Most other good receivers get to redeem themselves while our offense doesn't allow for any mistakes against good teams. Unfortuantely not very many teams play mistake free football for 4 quarters and we certainly aren't one.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 12:13:02 am »

He dropped two key passes tonight, but nothing to deserve Shame of the Game... let alone an entire thread bashing him. 
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2009, 09:21:53 am »

^^^ Not even if both were game winning TDs?
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2009, 09:45:21 am »

To call Ginn the "worst player ever" is a ridiculous statement.  But he is certainly a piss poor number one receiver on a team.  He has improved since his first year.  BUT, as Doctor D pointed out, the guy makes some good plays and occasionally will make a clutch catch, but when he absolutely MUST make a game changing play, he rarely shows up.  His 2 dropped TD catches really hurt the Dolphins last night.  Granted, on the last one, he had to go up in the air and make a good play on it.  But a number one receiver MUST make that play.  It didn't require a miraculous catch. Just a good catch.  And he didn't make it.  One of the board members often points out how Ginn avoids hits, etc.  That seems to be a fair assessment as he sometimes has alligator arms, ducks out of bounds rather than fighting for extra yardage after the catch, etc.  So he is not the "worst player ever" but he is certainly not a number one receiver.  The Dolphins over paid by making this guy an early first round draft pick when his playmaking is more along the lines of a 3rd rounder.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2009, 12:33:45 pm »

Yatil Green was our "WORST" reciever 1st round pick ever. Ginn is far from that. But he needs to step it up. Lets leave it at that until the end of the season. Either he will or he won't.

jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 03:28:35 pm »

I agree with almost everything Defense5499 said, which in of itself warrants for you to continue reading.

Ted Ginn blows. He had a good statistical game on paper, but all he'll ever be is a paper champion, because he's extremely soft.

Let me give you a statistic for Ted Ginn's performance on Monday Night:

Yards After Catch: 1

Yes, Ted Ginn amassed a whopping 1 yard after his 11 catches. 107 of his 108 receiving yards were given to him by Pennington. He only earned ONE additional yard (and I think he did it on the catch where he turned around and ducked out of bounds - they gave him the extra yard for ducking the Colts cornerback).

Missing 2 TDs that would have been caught by 30 other WRs in the league is another big statistic that you should consider. The last catch was horrendously bad for Ted Ginn - he jumped up and placed both hands on the ball without any interference (not pass interference, regular interference) from the rookie corner he should have handled easily... and the ball skidded off his hands like a rock skipping a pond of water.

Ted Ginn - You are shit.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2009, 03:31:21 pm »

Ted Ginn is better than Mario Manningham.

There, I said it.  Booyah!
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2009, 03:34:21 pm »

Keep dreaming. Manningham isn't scared of being tackled at least.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2009, 06:18:13 pm »

You guys are crazy if you think Ginn is bad.

That's all there is to it.  You're blaming him for a loss for not making a catch that most receivers in the league wouldn't have been to catch either.

So he had only one yard after the catch?  So what?  He had 107 more passing.  Give the guy credit for getting open.

Focus on the players who are actually playing bad, not those who are playing well.

Chambers dropped more passes than Ginn, yet he didn't get a bad rap on here?  Wonder why
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 06:20:01 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2009, 11:48:56 pm »

You guys are crazy if you think Ginn is bad.

That's all there is to it.  You're blaming him for a loss for not making a catch that most receivers in the league wouldn't have been to catch either.

So he had only one yard after the catch?  So what?  He had 107 more passing.  Give the guy credit for getting open.

Focus on the players who are actually playing bad, not those who are playing well.

Chambers dropped more passes than Ginn, yet he didn't get a bad rap on here?  Wonder why

Am I crazy? You Bet.

Am I blaming him for a loss? No.

"So What" about only 1 yard after a catch? YAC is a critical statistic for an NFL WR in order for a team to get the ball moving downfield and gain lots of positive yardage. There's a reason the Dolphins have to dink and dunk and run 15 play drives - because there are no YAC's. Any receiver can run a route in the NFL. Can they catch the ball and can they get YACs is what it's all about. Ted Ginn can't do either - and he dropped 2 ENOURMOUS catches. These cancel out 11 catches for 108 yards.

But the craziest thing you could have possibly said was about Chambers not getting a "bad rap on here". I think you need to do some serious gravedigging. I probably averaged one "Chambers sucks" post a day for a period of 1.5 years on this very forum.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2009, 01:38:10 am »

I agree with JTex.  Ginn avoids contact.  Those little yards add up.  Overall, he had a good game, stats-wise, but you need to make big catches, and you need to create.  Right now, he does neither.

I drink your milkshake!
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2009, 02:43:28 am »

I don't think he's that bad.  I wonder if he has the attitude of top recievers though where they don't wait for the ball to come to them, they fight and go up and get the damn thing.  I think he could have come down with the leaping grab in the endzone if he had that streak in him.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2009, 09:55:33 am »

Go look on YouTube at the highlights of the non-catch in the end zone at the end of the game.  Ginn went up to catch the ball, and the Colts' DB pushed his right arm to prevent him from making the catch.  Looking at his hands, you can see that his left hand never moved and that his right arm crossed over, making it look like he just sucks at catching.  The DB made a play, albeit a borderline pass interference one, but I have no doubt that Ginn would have caught that ball had it not been for the DB contacting Ginn's arm.

No one wants to admit to it because people LOVE bashing Ginn.  Heaven forbid we should look at anything objectively.  He's been under the microscope since draft day 2007. Roll Eyes

Now I agree that there are YAC yards that could be added, but only one of his 11 catches on Monday night did I think that he could have got 3-4 more yards before ducking out of bounds.
David Fulcher

Email
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2009, 12:33:54 pm »

Ted Ginn is better than Mario Manningham.

There, I said it.  Booyah!

Being a Michigan man (well, actually just "fan".....I'm not from there or anything), I have to politely disagree.  Even though Ginn is a former OSU product, I still manage to like the guy because my love for the Dolphins actually can overcome my hatred for the Yuckeyes, even as much as I like Michigan also. 

Manningham might not be as good as a wideout right now as a 2nd year player (and even that's debatable, unfortunately), but with another season under his belt, I could see him being better than Ginn by this time next year.  I don't even enjoy saying that, all OSU-Michigan stuff aside, because I want to see Ted Ginn be awesome for this team.  He's come a long way since his rookie season (as he should have), but I'd like to see him still get a lot further than where he is now.

"I swear to Buddha--if someone challenges my Ping-Pong honor, their fortune cookie will see bad outcome!"

--guy from "My New Haircut", Asian edition
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2009, 01:17:16 pm »

Being a Michigan man (well, actually just "fan".....I'm not from there or anything), I have to politely disagree.  Even though Ginn is a former OSU product, I still manage to like the guy because my love for the Dolphins actually can overcome my hatred for the Yuckeyes, even as much as I like Michigan also. 

Manningham might not be as good as a wideout right now as a 2nd year player (and even that's debatable, unfortunately), but with another season under his belt, I could see him being better than Ginn by this time next year.  I don't even enjoy saying that, all OSU-Michigan stuff aside, because I want to see Ted Ginn be awesome for this team.  He's come a long way since his rookie season (as he should have), but I'd like to see him still get a lot further than where he is now.

After Manningham's performance against Dallas, he's the hottest free agent pickup in Fantasy Football right now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray