Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:49:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Help! I need a new least favorite player.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Help! I need a new least favorite player.  (Read 6355 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: April 08, 2010, 08:01:17 pm »

My least favorite player on the team for the last few years has been Joey Porter.  I never cared for his mouth, his mental penalties, and thought that he didn't back up his trash.

Now, with him gone, I need someone else.

Things that I'm looking for:
- unlikeable trash talk
- stupid penalties
- media distraction

Any ideas?

I drink your milkshake!
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 08:42:23 pm »

Crowder for trash talk.

Incognito for stupid penalties.

I'll have to get back to you on the media distraction.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 10:24:31 pm »

I'd say Crowder.  He ran his mouth all last offseason (trash talk), he was all over the Joey Porter non-trade (Media Distraction) and he may not be good for stupid penalties, but you can bet you'll see him on his ass every time a team with a halfway decent TE goes 80 yards for the touchdown.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 11:32:04 pm »

I, too, am looking for a new least favorite player.  Typically I draw from the defensive backfield, but last season they were solid.  I don't think I had a "least favorite" last season, maybe Fasano was the closest, although Jake Grove is quickly climbing the list for being a big wussy boy.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 11:50:27 am »

In terms of pure suckiness, Gibril Wilson was my man.  But, now he's gone.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 12:28:40 pm »

I have to admit...I'm scratching my head pretty good over here about why a fan would require (or at least try to identify and establish) a "least favorite player" on his favorite sports team.

Not saying that I don't occasionally have "least favorite" players on my teams, but it isn't a mandatory position. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 12:36:20 pm »

In terms of pure suckiness, Gibril Wilson was my man.  But, now he's gone.
I forgot about him.  You're right, Gibril sucked.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 02:30:37 pm »

I have to admit...I'm scratching my head pretty good over here about why a fan would require (or at least try to identify and establish) a "least favorite player" on his favorite sports team.

Not saying that I don't occasionally have "least favorite" players on my teams, but it isn't a mandatory position. Wink

I was in the same boat. Why does a person feel the need to define that role?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 02:32:42 pm »

Because we're a website that has to talk about the Dolphins during the offseason, with a specific section for Anti-Fins talk.  So, in the spirit of promoting conversations, I created a post, thinking that my own moderators wouldn't shit on it.  Guess not.

I drink your milkshake!
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 02:44:22 pm »

There is a decent chance that you can develop a perfectly enjoyable distaste for Incognito, so keep your hopes up!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 03:12:07 pm »

So, in the spirit of promoting conversations, I created a post, thinking that my own moderators wouldn't shit on it.  Guess not.

You shouldn't take that as "shitting on your post" as much as it is "further discussion to help define the mindset which created the post." In which case, it unwittingly plays into your master plan for more offseason conversation.

Your sneaky brilliance is without rival...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 04:04:12 pm »

How is Ted Ginn not in the conversation?  I think being a giant pussy should be a criteria as well.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 04:07:10 pm »

How is Ted Ginn not in the conversation?  I think being a giant pussy should be a criteria as well.

He would be a prime candidate if he blamed others publicly for his own shortcomings.  He just sucks most of the time.

PS to Sunstroke - Nice save.  Smiley

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Tepop84
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 04:53:34 pm »

Ronnie Brown -- overpayed, he underproduces and fans still love for some unknown reason. Ask dolphin fans and a majority will say he is a top 5 nfl back.

Or maybe you could go with the "savior" chad henne.   a strong arm and no touch, pocket presence, or accuracy doesn't make a good nfl qb. 
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 06:11:13 pm »

Ronnie Brown

Who saw that one coming?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray