Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:58:40 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  !!!!!CORRECTED TDMMC PT, WEEK FIVE!!!!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: !!!!!CORRECTED TDMMC PT, WEEK FIVE!!!!!!!!  (Read 8098 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 06:08:45 pm »

(Optimistic note for any remaining 49ers fans out there, i.e.Stroke: The 49ers are credited with the strongest past strength of schedule, while featuring the weakest future schedule.)

The board's resident 49ers fanatic had heard that little morsel of information already, but it's always nice to see someone else take note of it. SF's schedule has been pretty damned tough, and it definitely looks a LOT easier to the naked eye...but any time one bases "how it will be" by "how it is right now," a healthy disclaimer similar to the one in your own post should be applied...

Granted, teams can improve or fall apart during the season...

Yep... Change, it's a bitch, and a constant one at that. Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 09:25:16 am »

They have played MIA, GB, NE, NYJ and JAC which at the time they played them were ranked 11, 2, 9, 7 & 22 for a strength of schedule of 10.20.  That's like playing 5 straight top 10 teams. 

While I like your plan of taking the average and considering it, it isn't like playing 5 top 10 teams. It is like playing the 11, 2, 9, 7, & 22 teams. You cannot just bump Jacsonville into a better group because of the other teams.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 10:17:33 am »

PT is corrected.  I goofed.  Sorry, check out the "real" results.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 10:44:32 am »

Man, just imagine if he had to track responses from everyone.  Evil
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 12:16:46 pm »

While I like your plan of taking the average and considering it, it isn't like playing 5 top 10 teams. It is like playing the 11, 2, 9, 7, & 22 teams. You cannot just bump Jacsonville into a better group because of the other teams.
The point I was making was not bumping Jacksonville up to a top 10 team, but rather to emphasize the strength of the rest of their opponents.  They've had a brutal schedule anyway you look at it.  It rivals the schedule the Dolphins have the next 4 weeks.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
TEKGOD
Uber Member

It's all about the U

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 02:23:25 pm »

Hey Dave

I proposed coming up with a solution for your rankings awhile back ... let me know if youre still interested
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2010, 02:31:43 pm »

^A "solution?"  What's wrong with the way our ranking are now, I didn't realize there was an issue.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2010, 02:53:06 pm »

I am surprised to see the Ravens below the Jets.
David Fulcher

Email
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2010, 10:24:53 pm »

I should note, however (and I realize I'm going against Internet Discussion Techniques 101 here by undermining my own argument), that "unbiased" stats agree with you at this point.

Yeah, I actually try to do this, too, though I understand the point that most others "out there" don't tend to do so.   Cheesy  ....though I certainly wish they could/would!

[Nothing to add here otherwise since I'm not part of the PT other than keep up the good work!]

"I swear to Buddha--if someone challenges my Ping-Pong honor, their fortune cookie will see bad outcome!"

--guy from "My New Haircut", Asian edition
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray