Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:20:57 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  With the 15th pick in 2011NFL Draft The Miami Dolphins select...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: With the 15th pick in 2011NFL Draft The Miami Dolphins select...  (Read 14139 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2011, 12:58:16 pm »

NEVER draft a RB early in Rd 1 unless its a sure fire guy like Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson. Ingram isn't on that level.

Don't take him!!

I don't think you can say NEVER.  It all depends upon what a team's needs are, who is available, and where you are in the draft order.  For Miami this year I agree they should not be drafting a RB in the first round.  If they were set in all offensive positions except RB then I wouldn't hesitate to draft an RB.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2011, 11:06:41 pm »

I don't think you can say NEVER.  It all depends upon what a team's needs are, who is available, and where you are in the draft order.  For Miami this year I agree they should not be drafting a RB in the first round.  If they were set in all offensive positions except RB then I wouldn't hesitate to draft an RB.

unless its a special player, I think its foolish to draft a RB in Rd 1. End of story
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2011, 12:39:33 am »

unless its a special player, I think its foolish to draft a RB in Rd 1. End of story

I kind of agree.  It's hard to tell sometimes who's going to be special, but I think you're right.  I think that this is especially true with the first half of round 1.  In the later 1st round, it becomes more of a gray area.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2011, 06:54:57 am »

I kind of agree.  It's hard to tell sometimes who's going to be special, but I think you're right.  I think that this is especially true with the first half of round 1.  In the later 1st round, it becomes more of a gray area.

Yep. Later half of Rd 1 you have the "good teams" anyway, so they can roll the dice on a RB if its the missing piece for them. But if your a bad team picking in the Top 15 or 17 or so, taking a RB is foolish. Because 99% of the time you are a bad team and by the time you are good the RB's best years are behind him. These guys can only take so many hits and you don't want to waste his prime years on a bad team. Not to mention it has been shown and proven that RB is the one position where you can find guys undrafted or in late rounds that produce just like the guys in the 1st round.  IT happens on a regular basis. No other position does that happen with
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray