Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 05:02:31 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Chad Henne better than you think?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Chad Henne better than you think?  (Read 12713 times)
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2011, 06:18:35 pm »

^ It's not like we have a lot of choice in the matter.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2011, 08:33:11 pm »

I know you're all sick of Henne, but I wanna see what he can do in a new offensive scheme...

Roll Eyes Need to see him suck more to come to the conclusion he can't play? Yet you will be the same one crying like a baby if we ever give Jamarcus Russell a contract. I mean lets see what Jamarcus can do in a new offensive scheme.....USING YOUR OWN LOGIC!!!!!!

Henne couldn't beat the Lions, Browns, and Bills at home with the season on the line and pretty much LOST those games all by himself. Yet you want to see more....unreal
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2011, 10:29:23 pm »

...I mean lets see what Jamarcus can do in a new offensive scheme...

In the NFL, a brain is required for pretty much any offensive scheme... If Jamarcus gets another shot at this level, I'm convinced that he will fail for the same reasons he failed in Oakland. If I'm wrong, I'll take fork to some crow souffle, but I just don't see Jamarcus actually getting smarter any time soon.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2011, 07:05:17 am »

^^missed the point being made. Nobody was defending giving Jamarcus a chance. Was making an analogy
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2011, 09:21:32 am »

Got your point (as always). You missed mine (as always), which was that a new system can't possibly help a QB with no brain. Henne doesn't have that issue, therefore the comparison you made isn't very valid.

Let me break it down in simpler terms...

Henne = has potential for improved performance in a new offensive system.
Russell = has no potential for improved performance in a new offensive system.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2011, 09:31:54 am »

Roll Eyes Need to see him suck more to come to the conclusion he can't play?
In short, yes.
We all agreed that the offensive game plan and coaching was suspect last season.  Its a variable that has an effect on other variables, like QB play.  Its your OPINION that he "blew three games on his own" when in fact no one knows what went wrong in those games, and surely multiple people played a part in the loss (hello, Carpenter missed 4 FG's in the Buffalo game).

So, yes, if we give him a new scheme and new coaches, and he still sucks, I will be convinced that he is a terrible QB.  Until then, its pure speculation.
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2011, 12:51:25 pm »

In short, yes.
We all agreed that the offensive game plan and coaching was suspect last season.  Its a variable that has an effect on other variables, like QB play.  Its your OPINION that he "blew three games on his own" when in fact no one knows what went wrong in those games, and surely multiple people played a part in the loss (hello, Carpenter missed 4 FG's in the Buffalo game).

So, yes, if we give him a new scheme and new coaches, and he still sucks, I will be convinced that he is a terrible QB.  Until then, its pure speculation.

I see it the other way around myself. We have the proof that he sucks. Him turning into a quality QB with a new scheme and new coaches is pure speculation........
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2011, 05:23:08 pm »

^^missed the point being made. Nobody was defending giving Jamarcus a chance. Was making an analogy

A very very poor analogy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray