Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:43:04 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  NFL Draft
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print
Author Topic: NFL Draft  (Read 39570 times)
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #195 on: April 29, 2011, 09:41:42 pm »

Has to be drugs. Has to be.

It was pot. Plus the story that he missed his meeting with the Bears because he was out partying the night before. His agent denied it saying he was sick( dont care how sick you are, showing up goes a long way when you are looking to get drafted/hired) but that is what the Bears believed happened and it spread around the league.
This kid cost himself a lot of money with his stupidity.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #196 on: April 30, 2011, 09:38:14 am »

Quick brag post.  In one of the prediction  threads I had said, "I'd like to see them go offensive line with the first pick and then RB with their next pick."   I'm very satisfied with their 1st two picks.  The team was 29th in rushing last year.  They have a mediocre QB.  No outstanding QBs coming out in this draft.  Given that scenario, I think that Miami sees that their best chance at success this year is going to be focusing on the rushing game and hoping that the run game takes some pressure off of Henne and allows him to be more successful by getting defenses to focus on the Fins running game.  Although they are similarly built, the new RB is going to do some thing better than Ronnie.  He is more of a smash-mouth, north and south runner and he is a better pass catcher coming out of the backfield and a better blocker.  People always want to see "flash" from draft picks, but if you don't win the battle in the trenches, your flash players aren't going to get the opportunity to show their stuff anyway.  A good offensive line makes every RB better and also gives a QB the time to be more effective. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2011, 10:35:22 am »

The stockpiling of picks every year is nice, but at some point use him. They just trade for the sake of trading sometimes I think.

NE drafted 5 players in the first three rounds of the draft this year.  Jets and Dolphins drafted 4 combined.  And they have an extra 1st and 2nd for next year.  NE drafts players typically more than the normal 7.  Last year 11, including 4 in the first 2 rounds.  The year before 10 including 6 in the first 3 rounds. 

The reason why NE can draft more players than most other teams is because they trade down for value and stockplile. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2011, 10:55:06 am »

With our luck NE will stockpile enough picks next year they will trade up and draft Andrew Luck to sit behind Brady. So once Brady retires we will have another 15 years of hell.

I can see it now

Nah....Luck, Mallet and Brady is bit crowded at QB. 

I like the pick.  I am not completely sold on Mallet actually.  But if he is as good as is supporter say he is Brady's replacement and this is better pick than Greenbay getting Rodgers when they had Favre, it he is as bad as his detractors say, NE burned a 3rd round pick they got by trading a malcontent WR.  I like the upside/downside risk equation. 

bsfins
« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2011, 11:36:29 am »

I don't think Miami has the locker room for Mallett....

I wanted to give Stroke some Grief about this post (especially since Mallett in neither a Dolphin or a 49ers thankfully IMHO)
I am ready to see QBs being drafted...so I'm lighting candles for Mallett to go to SF and Miami to find a way to get either Kaepernick or Dalton. Not sure either QB will last to Miami's 3rd round pick though, so it will possibly take a trade to make that happen.

Mallet doesn't scream Jim Drukenmiller to you? Big guy,Canon Arm,party guy....

Sorry to bring up those bad memories Stroke....It just surprised me to hear you want Mallet...
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2011, 11:44:52 am »

I don't think Miami has the locker room for Mallett....

I wanted to give Stroke some Grief about this post (especially since Mallett in neither a Dolphin or a 49ers thankfully IMHO)

Sorry to bring up those bad memories Stroke....It just surprised me to hear you want Mallet...

I think that is why he fell and why his a better pick for NE than for a team that needs a QB.  Dolphins (or anybody else) picks him with a first round pick and he is the anointed one.  Dolphins would have to start him over Henne to justify the pick. 

In NE he is the #2 guy.  There isn't gonna be a QB controversy at camp.  He needs to clean himself up or face leaving the NFL having only been a backup. He is low risk for NE, he would have been huge risk for any team who actually needed a QB.   

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #201 on: April 30, 2011, 12:35:26 pm »

Stanzi maybe? Or D.J. Williams?  Salas?  I say its one of the three
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 12:39:35 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
bsfins
« Reply #202 on: April 30, 2011, 12:43:33 pm »

^^ that's my hope...

The Local Kid just went to Dallas..David Arkin..Congrats on getting drafted

A wr to the Dolphins Edmund Gates...WR with Speed...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 12:48:06 pm by Lil B » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #203 on: April 30, 2011, 12:50:12 pm »

No grief taken, nor bad memories stirred, B... Until you said his name, I never once thought of Drunkenmiller when considering Mallett.

I really think New England got a steal in Mallett, and that being part of the Patriots orgnaization will help him mature as a person. Let's be real here...character maturity is the ONLY reason that Mallett wasn't pounced on by every QB-hungry team in round one. I think in 2-3 years, Mallett will grow into an outstanding youg QB, ready to take over a starting QB role, either for the Patsies or someone else. I think that if Brady gets hurt (this is football, and that happens sometimes), Mallett will shine sooner, rather than later.

I really like SF getting Kaepernick...but think he'll need some Harbaugh grooming before he's ready to actually help the 49ers win football games. I expect SF to be active in going after a FA vet QB as soon as the court bullshit is resolved.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #204 on: April 30, 2011, 12:52:56 pm »

Nah....Luck, Mallet and Brady is bit crowded at QB. 

I like the pick.  I am not completely sold on Mallet actually.  But if he is as good as is supporter say he is Brady's replacement and this is better pick than Greenbay getting Rodgers when they had Favre, it he is as bad as his detractors say, NE burned a 3rd round pick they got by trading a malcontent WR.  I like the upside/downside risk equation. 

Your Pats are probably the one team with the best chance of beating Mallett into being a good citizen.  And with the track record that the Pats have with drafts, I'm certainly not going to argue their picks.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #205 on: April 30, 2011, 12:54:30 pm »

I'm just fine with this pick at WR.  Fins are sorely lacking speed at the position and this guy can fly.  Granted, he is from a small school, but that doesn't mean he can't play.  I would be thrilled if this guy sticks and becomes a speed compliment on the other side of Marshall.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #206 on: April 30, 2011, 01:00:26 pm »

I really like the Gates pick...we needed speed, and Gates definitely brings a lot of that. It's a shame that Miami doesn't have another pick until round 6 though, because the TE I like, Virgil Green, is still there, and I think he'd be a perfect fit for one of Miami's still-unfilled offensive needs.

On another smiling note... I really like SF grabbing RB Kendall Hunter this round to back up Frank Gore (and be the change of pace guy).

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #207 on: April 30, 2011, 01:02:05 pm »

I really like the Gates pick...we needed speed, and Gates definitely brings a lot of that. It's a shame that Miami doesn't have another pick until round 6 though, because the TE I like, Virgil Green, is still there, and I think he'd be a perfect fit for one of Miami's still-unfilled offensive needs.

On another smiling note... I really like SF grabbing RB Kendall Hunter this round to back up Frank Gore (and be the change of pace guy).

Let's just hope that Gates doesn't turn into another Ginn Family.  He has blazing speed, has been known to drop easy passes (although he has made some great circus catches), and needs to refine his route running.  Will probably also be a kick returner for the Dolphins.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #208 on: April 30, 2011, 01:57:14 pm »

Let's just hope that Gates doesn't turn into another Ginn Family.  He has blazing speed, has been known to drop easy passes (although he has made some great circus catches), and needs to refine his route running.  Will probably also be a kick returner for the Dolphins.

If we get "Ginn production" from Gates, I'd be very pleased. The problem with Ginn was that he was drafted about 32 picks too high. A mid-fourth round pick on Gates... yeah, I'd be very happy if he turned out to be Ginn.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #209 on: April 30, 2011, 04:23:08 pm »

If we get "Ginn production" from Gates, I'd be very pleased. The problem with Ginn was that he was drafted about 32 picks too high. A mid-fourth round pick on Gates... yeah, I'd be very happy if he turned out to be Ginn.

Good point.  I can't argue with that.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray