Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:44:22 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Ocho Cinco?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print
Author Topic: Ocho Cinco?  (Read 55898 times)
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

jmd161@hotmail.com jmd161
Email
« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2012, 11:47:29 pm »

Went back and watched some video of Chad last yr in New England... Though he didn't play much.  In watching the video he still got decent separation and on several catches had his guy beat.  I know this doesn't change anything here with the argument... I've given up on debating the whole Ocho Cinco signing! 

It is what it is...
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2012, 05:53:36 am »

Went back and watched some video of Chad last yr in New England... Though he didn't play much.  In watching the video he still got decent separation and on several catches had his guy beat.  I know this doesn't change anything here with the argument... I've given up on debating the whole Ocho Cinco signing! 

It is what it is...

I agree. And I don't even understand the debate. Ocho is getting paid no money (football standards) and if he stinks its an easy cut with no cap hit. He can earn his spot like everyone else.  He played like a scrub last year and he is getting paid like a scrub this year. And he will be treated like a scrub by the Dolphins unless he shows/proves otherwise.
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2012, 05:35:29 pm »

hopefully he works out better for you guys then he did for the pats.. he just couldnt learn the system. Most games he was getting yelled at by Brady.. and they also benched him a few games. Was kinda of sad, I was hoping that he could of helped the Pats. His stats were horrendous.. Maybe he will have a better shot with Miami.

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2012, 08:31:39 am »

I'm not saying this is an excuse for him not learning NE's system, but Welker had 1569/9TDs, Gronk went for 1327/17TDs, and Hernandez had 910/7TDs. Between them that was over 3800 yards and 33 TDs. There's only so many balls to go around. Brady only passed for another 1300 yards and 6 TDs. I wonder how much of Ocho NOT getting the game time or ball was a matter of NE simply having much better talent at the TE spot and not needing to even look beyond Welker? Just thinking out loud. -EK
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2012, 11:24:52 am »

I'm not saying this is an excuse for him not learning NE's system, but Welker had 1569/9TDs, Gronk went for 1327/17TDs, and Hernandez had 910/7TDs. Between them that was over 3800 yards and 33 TDs. There's only so many balls to go around. Brady only passed for another 1300 yards and 6 TDs. I wonder how much of Ocho NOT getting the game time or ball was a matter of NE simply having much better talent at the TE spot and not needing to even look beyond Welker? Just thinking out loud. -EK
That makes sense, but taken with some additional information we know wouldn't seem to be the case. Take into consideration the following:
1) Chad's production in 2010 in Cincy was slightly down from prior years and that was when his competition at WR was mainly just Terrell Owens and we see how far he has fallen lately. Chad was subsequently allowed to leave via free agency.
2) New England signed a couple of free agent WR's in the offseason and cut Chad. Why would they do that if they were happy with his play?
3) The rumors that Chad was having a hard time learning the offense in NE. Again, if they were happy with his play why the rumors that he was having a hard time learning the offense?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #140 on: June 18, 2012, 12:22:20 pm »

I hear that, but my counterpoints would be-
1. You can't really say "just" Terrell Owens when the guy had 900+ yards and 9 TDs for Cincy in only 14 games. He didn't really "fall" because of performance- it was injury.
2. Seems like NE was just kicking the tires on some of the guys they signed in the off-season, not really looking for- or at least expecting- all that much improvement. They already cut a few of those off-season pick ups. -EK
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2012, 12:41:30 pm »

^^^^ still goes back to my earlier point.  If you consider Ocho, the Dolphin best WR, and BB doesn't consider him as good as some guys he is just kicking the tires or using as camp bodies then NE worst WR > Mia best WR. 
Add in Brady >>>>> 3 guys competing for Mia QB spot, and it isn't looking good for the Dolphins winning the division.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2012, 02:12:15 pm »

I don't think anyone in their right mind is picking Miami to win the division. Until the secondary can stop somebody, they're going to fight for third place. -EK
Alwaysdullfan

« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2012, 01:47:56 am »

well, i dont think OchoCinco could have a worse season this year as he did last season with the Pats. so that might be a good thing for us Miami fans. I think hes still got it, he can def help Miami in their passing game. I wish they never got rid of Marshall but what u gonna do. Maybe they should try to get Braylon Edwards too, that might be good. But no matter what the Dolphins will have a hard time replacing all those rec. and rec. yards Brandon Marshall put up for them last year. that sux
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

Email
« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2012, 03:22:53 am »

I think Chad will have a nice bounce back season to be honest...  simple fact, we don't have the superior mismatches of N.E.'s TE's.   I think with Bess working the slot and Chad on one side and the mismatch that Clay and Bush can present.. I think that gives Chad more wiggle room.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2012, 11:49:48 am »

Kris Jenkins NOT a fan of Ochocinco

Former Jets defensive lineman Kris Jenkins, now a New York-area broadcaster, on Sirius XM Radio: “Chad Ochocinco is all about self. I don’t think [his act] has any positive place in football. It’s really in his best interests to stick to reality TV, instead of possibly weighing a team down because he wants to go out there and be pretty. It is definitely going to be to the detriment of the Miami Dolphins. They don’t have the type of talent to get things done.”

Little unfair of an assessment. While Chad does bring the circus-side show with him I would hardly call it a detriment to the team. He was on some good teams in Cincy and his antics didn't hurt them. He didn't hurt NE last year with off the field stuff. So whatever "antics" Chad does doesn't hurt the team. And if they did you have to go back many many years for an example.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2012, 01:55:17 pm »

^^^ I really don't think thats an unfair assessment, and I agree with it to a certain extent.  However, I get what your saying MikeO, and I hope (for the Dolphins sake) that Chad has matured.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2012, 03:09:35 pm »

I heard he's changing his name back to Chad Johnson.  Hopefully, that will bring back the fine receiving skills too.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2012, 04:38:44 pm »

Chad is getting married in 9 days to that lunatic reality star girlfriend of his. Expect to see his name alot between now and then in every tabloid, TMZ type website, and gossip column.

It's gonna be Ochocinco overload these next couple weeks.
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

Email
« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2012, 07:50:59 am »

just finished watching the NFL's top 100 players for 2012... It's so frustrating watching Wes Welker put up all those catches!  To know that this was our jem that we let go to New England of all teams...smfh!

Then to think we have Wes Welker 2.0 in Devon Bess and we don't use him properly just like when Welker was here.  He creates so many match up problems yet we barely used him last season.  I hope this is something Philbin utilizes.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray